ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 K6 BIOS Setting for Watercooler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 3:43pm
Hey everyone, long time no talk...I recently installed a brand new Water Cooler (the H100i v2) but now alas, another problem! I have no USB 2.0 headers on my MOBO, surely there is something I can do to operate the liquid cooler through software?
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 3:58pm
Try this: https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub

I have their previous version in one of my other PCs and it's been trouble free. Connect your other usb connections to it and plug the cooler directly to the mother board. For more fun you can add sub sticks to the internal usb ports on the card :)

As far as the rad and fan I would have installed the rad to the top of the case infront of the top case fan already installed with one fan blowing through it and the other fan left over at the back to help move  air over the VRMs. You would have two fans, one at the top (rear) and one at the rear (back) both exhausting the case and helping to cool the VRMs and move the hot air from the video card out and mostly not through the rad.

Edited by clubfoot - 22 Mar 2017 at 4:16pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 4:08pm
You have 3 USB 2.0 headers on your board right at the bottom under the bottom PCIe slot. 
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:48pm
Xaltar, so those are USB 2.0 headers? I thought so but everyone insisted they weren't on another forum last night. Lol. Should've just went with my instincts I guess
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:52pm
Yeah I put it in last night without the link, temps were not much better than previous cooler so maybe some software adjustments will help. Clubfoot, I have it setup where the two fans at the front of the case are pulling air through the case through the top of the rad, and the fan at the back of the case pushing hot air out. I have the fans that came with the rad attached to the back of the rad inside the case pushing air out, and the rad installed on the top of the case, with the tubing parallel to the DVD drive....let me tell you...this was quite an experience for an absolute noob. Hahaha

Edited by Kanty - 22 Mar 2017 at 11:56pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:56pm
Make sure the fan header the pump is connected to is set to "water pump" -> DC -> full power. Then you can try different fan curves for the fans until you find the best balance of quiet (low load) and temps.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:59pm
[URL=][/URL][URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Make sure the fan header the pump is connected to is set to "water pump" -> DC -> full power. Then you can try different fan curves for the fans until you find the best balance of quiet (low load) and temps.

Xaltar, how exactly do I do that....I think I have the pump plugged into the OPT fan port where the other one was, is this okay....and how do I change these settings? I'm assuming through BIOS?

Edited by Kanty - 23 Mar 2017 at 12:05am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:09am
Yup, in the UEFI. Make a note of the name of the header then set it in the UEFI as I mentioned. The H100i is a great cooler and will be more than adequate for your system. 

Let us know how the temps are after you have made the tweaks I suggested.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:14am
Will do my friend, yeah I did some research and decided on this one and copied someone else's layout for the cooler, fits nicely up top and looks good....do need to work on my cable management though... hahahaha. Temps haven't been much different than previous cooler yet though, will make the tweaks you suggested via BIOS and attach the Corsair Link when I get home from work.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:15am
If you could, could you give me a layout on where to go in BIOS to change those settings? Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic