ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CPU package temperature / FM2A88M Extreme4+ R2.0
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

CPU package temperature / FM2A88M Extreme4+ R2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 6:14am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Post a screenie of where you observe 90 and 50, please.

While waiting for your pic(s) I'll fire up my Extreme9/9590 and poke in those two programs. It's been some time since building it and maybe I can "see' what you see.
SLA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 6:14am
Thanks for the reply.

The box cooler should be sufficient quad core x4 880Km - thermal paste is applied, I hope I'm right, I did it a few times in the past, and 4pin connector is OK. Cooler works, that's for sure.
Can I buy a new cooler, for example SilentiumPC Fera3, I was thinking about it.

On the motherboard are all connected OK, so about the only thing i can try is a new thermal paste, or a new cooler or both... or this "problem" to ignore when my computer is working well ... :-)

Do you agree?

Thank you
SLA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 6:18am

pic here:
http://tinypic.com/r/350th6c/9

thank you!

Edited by SLA - 19 Mar 2017 at 6:22am
SLA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 6:24am
I go to sleep, friends, I'll be back again tomorrow. Thank you for understanding. Have a nice day.
mgrandy@hotmail.co.u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 6:27am
As you can see from the graphs 100% load and your temp is still going up.

It is not bad but it is not good ether. What type of paste did you apply? better quality would help but I don't think it would solve your issue the stock heatsink and fan just let the temp keep going up. So I'm guessing there at full speed also

I would get a better fan heatsink if paste doesn't work.

On a good quality fan/heatsink and new paste. your temp line should dip slightly at the 70 mark ,go up a bit (this is a good fan picking the right speed) then eventually it would stay almost level at 63-70. this is not happening

On a day to day basis you ain't going to hit 100% load this is why it runs fine. Try to convert a blue ray this will eat up your CPU and push it to 100% for a long time ,just an example thou. I would not run any games for very long or give it to much work to do. Till new stuff arrives

Do you see the point at which your fan speed kicks in at full? The dip? Then it just keeps going up regardless this is what I mean. In your case the temps were fine before you gave it 100% load at 67 deg c. Your fan just gave up at that point near close to 85 deg and you almost lost your CPU to it

Edited by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u - 19 Mar 2017 at 7:14am
fx 9370 asrock, fatal1ty 970 performance 3.1, NZXT phantom f-atx, AeroCool Integrator 850W, Corsair Hydro Series H100
SLA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 2:14pm
thank you for answer.

I used the Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound, which is probably sufficient effect.
I think it is applied well, because the CPU is in an idle 32-33 ° C at 30% speed (851 rpm) and the load temperatures do not go over 57 ° C when the fan is 60% = 1296 rpm.

Cooling curve setting is 30 ° C = 30%, 50 ° C = 55%, 65 ° C = 80%, 70 °C = 100 % rpm, and I think it cools well, in full load heatpipe are warm / hot to the touch correspond to these temperatures.

OK, what's next ... I try to apply new paste, though it does not help so buy Fera 3 and try what happens with temperatures, OK?

Thank you!

Edited by SLA - 19 Mar 2017 at 2:24pm
SLA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 2:27pm
and even attach a picture from this morning, the temperature without CPU load
http://tinypic.com/r/wcntpt/9

but I had the open window near computer , so the PC flowing air at 13 ° C ... Smile

and after few minutes, ambient temperature 18 °C (after i close the window) Smile
http://tinypic.com/r/20gch7m/9

Edited by SLA - 19 Mar 2017 at 2:33pm
SLA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 2:35pm

some pics, thank you very much for you help!

and even attach a picture from this morning, the temperature without CPU load
http://tinypic.com/r/wcntpt/9

but I had the open window near computer , so the PC flowing air at 13 ° C ... Smile

and after few minutes, ambient temperature 18 °C (after i close the window) Smile
http://tinypic.com/r/20gch7m/9

mgrandy@hotmail.co.u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 7:53pm
yes get a better quality heatsink and fan.

the more you spend on cooling the better this chip will run.
check a few reviews on coolers and make sure you pick the right one.
usually in the computer world i follow rule "check twice buy once" and it has served me well.

look at the overall design of the heat sink
Air

best:-               Noctua flagship model NH-D15 (see this is best so get a copy of design)      £75
med: -                   Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (copy of NH-D15 but way smaller)   £25
worst:-                   wraith cooler        free

water
all perform very good compared to air A++++ on comparison to air 

best:-  custom loop  £200+
worst:-  Kúhler H2O 650 Liquid CPU Cooler   £40

so combine the table Air + water

best :-     custom loop £200+
H20 650 liquid cooler £40
NH-D15 £75
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO             £25
worst:- wraith cooler    £0

another free option is to under clock cpu but then performance would drop so would not recommend doing this.

Edited by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u - 19 Mar 2017 at 8:31pm
fx 9370 asrock, fatal1ty 970 performance 3.1, NZXT phantom f-atx, AeroCool Integrator 850W, Corsair Hydro Series H100
SLA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 11:38pm
thanks for help! Smile

ordered this Fera 3 https://www.alza.co.uk/silentiumpc-spartan-3-pro-he1024-d4076311.htm
will shipped tomorrow. i think Fera 3 is good enough for me with low noise (21 dB) and good efficiency.

if it helps we see tomorrow... Smile ill write here some conclusion

Many thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic