ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

NVMe on X99M extreme4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NVMe on X99M extreme4
    Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 12:05am
So, I bought the MSI Turbo U.2 Host card and placed in my Asrock X99M Extreme4.
Together with cable that converts SFF-8642 to SFF-8639, but nothing happens. 

In BIOS the NVMe disk isnt found. And also, Windows can't locate it.
BIOS version 1.9

Is this related to the MSI adapter board, or the BIOS perhaps?

/M
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 3:09am
Did you just plug in the card and not connect the drive,  you need to connect the card to something so it can see the drive not just the host card. 

asrocking
sparx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 3:11am
Yeah, sorry for not making that clear. Im using an Amphenol cable and an Intel DC-P3500 disk. No show. Same story for the Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2E4R board. 
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 3:15am
But isn't  the DC-P3500 a PCI-e card and the adapter is for a  8639 and only runs a U2.

MSI said if you don't buy the  Intel 750 NVM SSD, they will put you in jail.  LOL Just kidding.

Edited by odiebugs - 24 Jul 2015 at 3:18am
asrocking
sparx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 3:16am
Intel DC-P3x00 series are both HHHL and 2.5" drives. 
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 3:19am
Form factor doesn't matter it's all about interface.
asrocking
sparx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 3:21am
Yes? And the bios doesnt find the disk. Same as windows.
sparx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 3:22am
Maybe you are confused about the naming? U.2 Is SFF-8639 wich is a PCIe interface. Its all the same thing. 
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 3:24am
You'll need to wait for a MOD.

The card say's for intel 750, say's nothing about any drive. I don't know if it reads, or need the controller of the 750.  

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Did you set the M2 in the BIOS from AUTO to enabled. Also make sure nothing is plugged into the
 S_Sata3_2 or S_Sata3_3.   

Edited by odiebugs - 24 Jul 2015 at 3:29am
asrocking
sparx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 3:27am
Yeah I think the problem is that there is a retimer/reclocking on the MSI U.2 adapter board. I guess BIOS doesnt see thru it or something. The ASUS Hyper Kit only has straight signals. I actually bought the MSI adapter just because I hoped it would make the signal integrity better. But if it completely makes it fail, Im a bit screwed. Heh. This is the problem with new stuff. Its untested. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic