ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Networking Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

G10 issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gdona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G10 issue
    Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 9:07am
Just connected my new G10. Followed all installation instructions. Unable to do anything with any browser. Unable to connect to the internet and unable to get to the router sign in page. When I try to go to any web site my browsers say my connection is not secure and somebody is trying to hijack my connection. Any help?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 10:36am
Did you also install a new modem at the same time?
gdona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gdona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 11:35am
No I did not install a new modem. Had to reinstall my old router to be able to connect to the internet.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 11:40am
Originally posted by gdona gdona wrote:

No I did not install a new modem. Had to reinstall my old router to be able to connect to the internet.

Hmmm....

Can you enter the Administrative GUI of the router?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 11:45am
Aw he*l. You using static IPs?

Try this:
1. Open a command prompt with Administrator privileges
2. enter in   ipconfig /release
3. enter in   ipconfig /renew

Leave this window open, open your browser and see if you can surf

gdona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gdona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 2:37am
Unable to enter routers administrative GUI or anything in the router as suggested also followed instructions with the command prompt on IP config no changes
gdona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gdona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 4:12am
I just connected my old computer to the router and was able to access the router and internet. Updated firmware hoping that would help..shot in the dark...but to no avail. Still unable to access the router with new computer. However i do seem to have internet access now on new computer.
joop1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joop1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 4:12am
The first time you should connect your router to your laptop or PC
through a wired connection. So use a UTP patch cable, connect it to one of the 4 LAN
ports and before doing so, configure your PC or laptop LAN ethernet adapter card NOT with a fixed address BUT set it to obtain an IP address automatically in the properties sheet of the: Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) line by means of right-mouse button click on that line.
Also for DNS set it to Automatically.
Now type in your browser the IP address of the Asrock G10:  http://192.168.1.1 or "ASRock.router"
The default username/password of G10 is admin/admin

Edited by joop1981 - 08 Oct 2017 at 6:00am
lucky987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 5:37am
Thanks for the information.
billy65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:39pm
Situation 1: Machine auto shutdown/reboot under Windows system.
Solution 1: Enter Safe mode. Remove recently installed drivers/utilities.

Situation 2: Machines auto reboot before Windows system. (ASUS logo/Windows logo)
Solution 2: Remove adapter and wait 3-5 minutes. If you still can't enter system after reboot, please contact ASUS Service Center.

Situation 3: The screen displays black after entering desktop
Solution 3: Enter Safe mode. Remove Anti-Virus software/recently installed drivers/VGA driver.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic