ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble running XMP profile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majomhus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 5:59pm
I still cannot load my xmp profile on my Asrock ab350 pro4 with my CMK16GX4M2B3000C15. Any tricks you did to make it work? 

Updated to latest bios what is 2.5

Don't know a lot about motherboards but how come some Asrock MB's support this ram and some don't?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by majomhus majomhus wrote:

I still cannot load my xmp profile on my Asrock ab350 pro4 with my CMK16GX4M2B3000C15. Any tricks you did to make it work? 

Updated to latest bios what is 2.5

Don't know a lot about motherboards but how come some Asrock MB's support this ram and some don't?

a user/pc parts dealer here in the uk has been playing with this board a lot
user = 8pack on overclockers.uk
i actually asked him yesterday about ram for this board and what he has found to work best

his reply was corsiar 3000 and team group brands
he says they all go to 2666 easily and should mostly be stable at 3000
but i would suggest rather than click the xmp
to actually try setting the timings manually
eg read the label on the stick that say
EXAMPLE cl15/15/15/35  or SIMILAR
then enter these in your bios manually dont forget to adjust ram volts from the stock 1.2volt to 1.35 volt
you may be lucky and it boot stable you may not in which case 'loosen' the timngs manually

eg if label said 15/15/15  try 16/16/16 or even 17/17/17
the higher the number the 'looser' the timings and the easier it is for the bios to try and make it work
it also may help to adjust your SOC volts up to 1.00 volts (DOUBLE CHECK YOU ENTER this correctly)
there are quite a lot of youtube vids to be found showing people adjusting the ram timings maybe watch one or two to feel comfortable before looking at yours
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
hitzatak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitzatak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:37pm
Well that latest update was poop. I went from 4.60 to the latest 5.50.

Before, I was able to get my RAM to do 2666MHz using the XMP profile (it's rated to go up to 3000MHz)
But now, after the BIOS upgrade... I'm stuck back at 2133MHz.

Any ideas?
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 10:00pm
Tell us your specs and somebody maybe has an idea.
And it is always a good idea to notify the bios settings (or making screenshots of the relevant bios pages) before updating the bios.
Did you make a CMOS Reset and loading bios defaults?
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
jinjervitus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinjervitus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 2:52am
Resetting to 2133 just meanst the bios has loaded safe settings so that you can get in and change things. What has worked for me in this situation is upping my SOC voltage to 1.15, dram voltage to 1.35, loading XMP profile and then setting the speed to 2133 before saving and rebooting. Once booted at XMP but with 2133 speed, I start bumping up the speed one notch at a time until it fails again. Good luck.
hitzatak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitzatak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:23pm
I reset the BIOS to default settings after the upgrade.

Here's my current Voltages

So I can just up that VDDCR_SOC to around 1.15 and try again?

DRAM Voltage seems to have upped itself once I loaded the XMP profile.

Here's what I tried to set in the BIOS:

(DRAM Frequency was on AUTO cos it was the only way it was gonna boot, any other settings makes the computer keep rebooting - meaning it didn't work and defaulted back to 2133)

Here's the info when I boot into windows. It looks like the everything I tried to set in the BIOS got ignored completely :(

THANK YOU for giving my advice guys.
hitzatak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitzatak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:25pm
Where it says
XMP

It has the correct timings for my RAM, but as you can see in the previous CPU-Z screenshot, all that was ignored :(
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:38pm
i think you are confusing the system

LOAD XMP settings : is your ram profiles
LOAD DRAM profile : is generic corsair profile

set LOAD DRAM profile to auto if you want to load your xmp
jinjervitus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinjervitus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 3:11pm
Reread my post. Up your soc voltage. Load xmp, then lower speed to 2133. save and reboot. You should rebooot with xmp, but at 2133. Then start bumping speed up one notch at a time and rebooting until it fails. Did you even try to follow directions?
hitzatak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitzatak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 10:00pm
I did follow your instructions my good sir.
But even set at 2133 it keeps rebooting :s

This is what it currently looks like now in my BIOS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic