ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASrock AB350 Pro4 Fails to POST with 2.2 BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 5:16pm
Same issue...fatality b350 bios 1.42 to 2.2 with windows updater. No longer posts....u can see my led fans speeding up and slowing down but thats all it does.
TBaFFz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBaFFz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 9:10pm
I just built my Ryzen 1700 with Fatal1ty B350 and updated it from via UEFI from 1.40 to 2.20 and it is now bricked.  The fans keep spinning up and no post.  The system just keeps resetting and repeating the cycle.  I am extremely upset that ASRock released faulty Bios.  I called MicroCenter where I bought my board and they will swap it out for me.  

I will be keeping the STOCK Bios until ASRock can address this issue in mass.  Others on Reddit are saying other board manufacturers are have the same issue. 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 10:06pm
Thanks for all the info guys, I am sure it will be helpful to the guys and gals at ASRock trying to get all this sorted. 

Ryzen is the biggest clean slate release we have seen in over a decade and it has not gone smoothly. "Teething issues" does not even come close to describing how much needs to be done by board partners, memory manufacturers and software developers to get things all smoothed out and wrinkle free. Every post we see here and elsewhere helps pin down issues and bring us closer to that end. 

Thank you all for your immense patience and helpful comments. You guys really are the best Beer
TBaFFz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBaFFz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 10:46pm
I would be willing to test Bios release for you if I could have a board on standby.  I really want to run 2.20 as it adds patches for XMP profiles and Boost fixes.  Can anyone confirm if the BETA Bios 1.44 is stable?
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 3:16am
TB that is EXACTLY what my board is doing. Same board, same cpu. Asrock has offered to replace it but newegg is already handling it. I think ill be waiting on bios updates for a few months. Extremely frustrating spending all that time building and having to tear it all back apart.
TBaFFz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBaFFz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:37pm
2.22 Beta is stable so far.  I was able to successfully flash this via Instant Flash Utility in UEFI. 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:20pm
Ryzen is far from a mature system at this point, and updates from AMD are coming constantly.

For example, and you may have no way of knowing this, but this is from the description for UEFI version 2.20:

Update AGESA code

AGESA code comes from AMD, and is included in the UEFI/BIOS. A UEFI/BIOS contains many things from the processor/chipset manufacture, Option ROMs, CPU microcode, etc. A mother board manufacture does not create these things themselves, they can only include what they are given by the processor/chipset manufacture, and hope it works. AMD wants these things to be included in a board's UEFI, and may even require it. As said above, ASRock is not the only manufacture having issues with these updates.

Yes it is not a good situation, and users tend to blame the board manufacture. Please understand that the mother board manufactures are struggling with these updates themselves. Memory compatibility with Ryzen is a major issue currently. For example the XMP profiles used with pre-Ryzen DDR4 memory has been designed for the only systems that use it, Intel's X99 and their 100 and 200 series chipset boards. The Ryzen memory controller (part of the CPU) is not compatible with this XMP data. Memory manufactures have been slow to provide Ryzen specific memory models, and really don't like having products that can be used only with one platform. Actually, the XMP profiles used for X99 systems did not work well with the 100 and 200 series chipset boards. DDR4 compatibility is turning into a mess.

I know this is frustrating, I can only use my G.SKILL FlareX 3200 memory, designed for Ryzen, at 2400 with my X370 Killer SLI/ac board. We just want you to know that the mother board manufactures are not the only ones responsible for issues like this.
flolic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flolic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 5:50am
I've killed my AB350 Pro4 while trying to update from 1.30 to 2.22 Bios (from Windows).
The only thing that get it back it to life was to desolder Bios chip and reprogram it on external programmer.
Btw 2.22 works just fine and without any issues so far.
Canadianguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadianguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 6:43am
Hey guys,

I just received my ab350pro4, installed windows 10, did a bios update from desktop and BAM, motherboard wont post. I tried flashing to 2.20... now I must rma the board. I was super excited about ryzen5. Oh well :( now i must wait easter out, send board, wait for a new one.. such is life! Do you guys know if its safer to update bios from the bios using a USB key?
Windows98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windows98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Canadianguy Canadianguy wrote:

Do you guys know if its safer to update bios from the bios using a USB key?

It supposedly is the "best" way to do it...but I managed to brick a K4 using the recommended "instant flash" method from with a flash drive in the BIOS so...

I guess your mileage may vary. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic