ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Automatic downclocking in the new BIOSes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automatic downclocking in the new BIOSes
    Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:32am
Hi, I just went to the newest 1.93D on the AM4 X370 Killer SLI AC and everything seems to be working nicely except for one thing: My system seems to no longer downclock. Is anyone else running into that with the beta bioses?

It seemed to work fine on the previous 1.63 and I tried going between balanced and power saving power schemes.
ming3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:13pm
Looked into it a bit more on the 2.0 BIOS which has the same behavior, but I really hope this isn't what is expected to happen:

In this you can now choose your clock and voltage by typing it in up top of the OC section, but it locks you to that speed and doesn't allow for downclocking. 

I had to set a P0 state for my max OC at 3.8 then left everything else at auto so it would still downclock.

qwased View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qwased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 3:42am
I set it as you said but cpu clock was locked under 2.7Ghz. No idea about this
ming3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 3:49am
With P0 state or just the main OC section? 

When I did it in main section with 1.93 and 2.0 it was locked at 3.8. If I left it on Auto it worked fine.

qwased View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qwased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 3:58am
Originally posted by ming3r ming3r wrote:

With P0 state or just the main OC section? 

When I did it in main section with 1.93 and 2.0 it was locked at 3.8. If I left it on Auto it worked fine.

If I adjust pstate section it would be  locked to 2.7ghz
With bios 1.93 and 2.0 when you set the OC clock , pstate will set to 3.8ghz.But with bios 1.7,all pstate section always be auto
I think this is the reason  of the problem.Hope Asrock can fix it in the next patch
ming3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 7:18am
Ugh...yup, you're right. Mine is doing the same thing here.

Actually, I just got it working. I used the built in OC, then went to P states where it set both the first and second states to 3.8. I set the second to 2.7 (the default after switching it to auto then back to manual) and it seems to be working now

Edited by ming3r - 01 Apr 2017 at 7:25am
Trender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 8:47am
Originally posted by ming3r ming3r wrote:

Ugh...yup, you're right. Mine is doing the same thing here.

Actually, I just got it working. I used the built in OC, then went to P states where it set both the first and second states to 3.8. I set the second to 2.7 (the default after switching it to auto then back to manual) and it seems to be working now

Thanks budd, worked like a charm, what are you doing to set the voltage to undervolt too?
EDIT:
Now im stuck n the lowest GHz speed lol

Edited by Trender - 01 Apr 2017 at 9:03am
ming3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 10:22am
Not sure what to tell you on that. I used the default when I switched out of Auto on the second state and its been OK...so I'm not sure
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic