FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X370 Taichi error code 07

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Asylum Asylum wrote:

I first tried 10 minutes, then tried for 4 hours.  Same error code 07.

Hmmm ........ that sux.

Let's try a simple BIOS clearing, no battery out, first with only one stick in A2

If that fails do the clear BIOS, no battery out, with the other stick in A2
Asylum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asylum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:06pm
I first tried 10 minutes, then tried for 4 hours.  Same error code 07.
Asylum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asylum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:16pm
Thanks.  I will try this out and report back.

ETA: The exact model of my ram is G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3866C18D-16GTZKW

It's not listed on the QVL but it didn't have any issues and using Windows worked just fine.  I believe they are SR Samsung ICs.

Edited by Asylum - 02 Apr 2017 at 2:18pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:13pm
Let's see if we can get you back running

07 relates to memory. Please see pg33, Sec. 2.8' Dr. Debug

Try this, with the mem in slots A2 and B2 before powering up, and post the results please(yea, I read your post fully, humor me):
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

Failing that, please post the memory Kit number you have.

Asylum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asylum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:38am
I updated my bios through the instant flash utility (I did not use Windows) with the new version 1.94A and it said that it completed successfully, hit enter to reboot.  It didn't freeze or crash (was still acting stable and responded when I hit enter by promptly rebooting), I was not overclocking, and everything was set to default out of the box settings except for setting up a RAID and I forced the CPU pump fan header to run at full speed so my pump would not be throttled. Now it keeps displaying error code 07 on the debug led. I have removed all but one RAM stick, removed all USB devices, reset the bios by a jumper and the button on the I/O shield, and I have removed the battery while having the PSU unplugged while doing all those. Is my motherboard bricked or is there possibly some way to fix it?

I would like to add that prior to this problem I'm experiencing, the motherboard was working perfectly out of the box.  I was able to install Windows and everything was stable.  I only updated to the beta 1.94A because of all the new features/fixes that people mentioned which piqued my curiosity and I never had any problems with beta bios on any of my previous motherboards ever before, so I felt confident in giving it a try.  The fact that it said it completed successfully and responded as though everything went smoothly puts me at a loss as to why it won't post anymore.  It's a pain having to tear down my system after just getting the motherboard two days ago.  If there's any possible way it can be fixed, I am open to suggestions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic