ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X370 Taichi error code 07

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by kingsims kingsims wrote:

Interestingly my issue started when i moved the memory from Banks A1 A2 to A1 B1 for dual channel. Failed to Post moving it back made no difference.

Ummm........ A2 and B2 are for Dual Channel using two sticks !

The User Manual that was included with purchase, pg23

and the below link too next to Memory

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370%20Taichi/#Specification

Too, the BIOS chip is not socketed, thus it is not User exchangeable/replaceable.

wormy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 3:00pm
Hi Wardog,
I don't want to switch the mobo, but still. Dual-bios or another way to recover from this bios update is necessary.
I was looking forward for this motherboard and waited for weeks for it to be available in store across Romania.
And now, i have to RMA this motherboard and wait for couple of weeks for it to be fixed or get a new one because stocks are depleted.
I will try another set of ram, just in case CMK32GX4M2A2400C14 are not compatible with latest bios update.

Still, I don't get who's angry? I'm not angry. I am disappointed and frustrated.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 3:31pm
Disappointment and frustration is perfectly understandable. All Wardog meant was that in this particular situation (regarding Ryzen) these issues are beyond any manufacturer's control. Keeping cool and calm is the only way to work through issues Wink

Without context, statements about replacing with other brands can only be seen as anger with the product. Now that you mention stock issues however the statement comes across entirely differently.

That is the problem with text based communication in general, it is very easy to get the wrong idea or give the wrong impression. We are here to help, any offense perceived in any of our (moderator's) comments is unintentional.

These Ryzen issues have been very tricky for us as we moderators have not yet gotten our hands on systems of our own to test. We are forced to hunt for information and try to make sense of it. Issues with Hynix memory chips for example is a relatively new revelation that we have only recently become aware of. We are at least as frustrated as you are without the means to actually get our hands into a system and figure it all out for ourselves. We are doing our very best to keep on top of the current trends, discoveries and information regarding Ryzen and will continue to assist where we can here on the forums.

Let us know how it goes with the different memory. 

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by wormy wormy wrote:

till, I don't get who's angry? I'm not angry. I am disappointed and frustrated.

Oh, my apologies. No ones angry but me. Chalk it up to a Bad Day.

And copy corsair needs a swift kick in their nuttsack. No Z270 nor AM4 are listed in their online Memory Finder. None. From ANY motherboard manufacturer. I just can't recommend them w/o them correcting that boner.

How can I? If I can't verify compatible memory they offer, then neither can the(their!) consumer. And yourself and many MANY more here are in the same boat because of their laziness.

Buy G.Skill. They have THE most up-to-date Memory Configurator there is.
http://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=52&chip=0&model=0

Asylum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asylum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Don't be a guinea pig and chase that magical BIOS just yet. Wait, be patient, and read of others headaches for them leading the way. Follow cautiously, but don't lead. And if you've read many of my posts, I'm not a follower. Hardly. NOT!

I understand you here, but the fact still remains that early adopters of this platform will have to update bios in order to fix bugs and improve performance. As you know AMD has been steadily releasing microcode updates and the only way to receive them is through a bios update.  Are we just suppose to wait until Asrock makes a final bios version and just never update? By the time they include all of the fixes, Ryzen 2 will be here and possibly a whole new chipset and/or motherboard.

It's not the processor nor motherboard that you and Asylum suffer, it's all memory related.

You're right that it's a memory support issue, but that doesn't excuse the fact that if something goes wrong the only solution is to hope it fails before the 30 day return is up or be forced to ship your motherboard back to Asrock for repairs while you no longer have a computer to use for weeks while you wait for a replacement...  In this day and age, having a computer is kind of important. If the problem I was having was due to memory it doesn't explain how out of the box it worked just fine but magically stopped with a newer bios considering the main reasoning behind releasing newer versions is to improve support for RAM not take it away... kinda ironic, don't you think? lol

C'mon and let's keep our wits tempered and not let anger cause us to do something ridiculous like switch MB's when you'll likely be facing the exact same issue.

I'm not exactly "angry", I'm just disappointed... out of all the motherboards I was looking at this one was the most attractive to me so I took the plunge and bought it despite it not having a recovery feature because my experience with other motherboards that didn't have recovery never had an issue like this. Yes, there might be a possibility that I'd run in to the same problem with another brand, but if I did go with another brand I would've at least had way to recover instead of just being screwed with Asrock's solution.  I would have just "flipped a switch" and off I go or via Asus' method with a usb stick.  This also ignores the fact all the other manufacturers had NO PROBLEMS implementing this kind of solution on their AM4 boards yet Asrock only wanted to include that option on their Intel boards. It can't be due to a different bios implementation vs. the Intel motherboards.  If that was the case, explain all the other brands being able to include a backup feature and yet Asrock mysteriously deciding against it ONLY on their AM4 boards... kinda hard to overlook that fact, sorry.  I'm not saying that I would not buy from Asrock again in the future, but it's hard to recommend any of their current AM4 motherboards due to this glaring issue.  Money doesn't grow on trees.

Edited by Asylum - 03 Apr 2017 at 4:03pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Asylum Asylum wrote:

............ but the fact still remains that early adopters of this platform will have to update bios in order to fix bugs and improve performance. As you know AMD has been steadily releasing microcode updates and the only way to receive them is through a bios update.  Are we just suppose to wait until Asrock makes a final bios version and just never update? By the time they include all of the fixes, Ryzen 2 will be here and possibly a whole new chipset and/or motherboard.

No. Yet as an early adopter you fully accept, or you should anyways, that there will be things that need ironed out

Originally posted by Asylum Asylum wrote:

In this day and age, having a computer is kind of important. If the problem I was having was due to memory it doesn't explain how out of the box it worked just fine but magically stopped with a newer bios considering the main reasoning behind releasing newer versions is to improve support for RAM not take it away... kinda ironic, don't you think? lol

Having a computer as an important must _and_ being an early adopter are not synonymous. See above.

In my little walled off corner of world, I tend to be a first adopter. But I manage that urge with temperance that I don't go chasing BIOSes around until proven that indeed flashing will solve an issue I'm having. Here, with Ryzen, the memory compatibility issue(s) are penned on websites and forums from here to kingdom come.

As I stated earlier concerning Corsairs Memory Finder. This issue only serves to complicate an already precarious issue relating to folks who bought Corsairs products and attempt blindly to get their Corsair sticks and Kits of memory to work on an AM4 board. All the while not knowing if their memory IS compatible.

To answer why on one BIOS yours did and a later release it didn't. Consider the BIOS Engineer tightened up compatibility? Ryzen is designed to run on a CR/N/T of 1. It is required of SMT that it be 1. Not 2 like a lot of kits. 1. I'm making a statement there that I can't back up yet it is very feasible that is what's happening.

Were you aware. Ryzen has it's own built in "Boot Failure Guard". Three or four attempts at booting with incorrect/unworkable memory and or User specified settings fail it resets the BIOS to a safe setting that will allow it to boot. At Defaults.

A completely new CPU architecture. That fact alone should have been a BIG caution to anyone with only one computer to rely on for their life's work.

edited for clarification

Edited by wardog - 04 Apr 2017 at 1:11am
wormy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:37am
Got home with 2 different model of dimm's.
The problems is still there. Error code 07.
Tomorrow I will send the motherboard in service and hope will get it fixed soon.
The problems is that there is no Taichi in stocks everywhere in Romania. :(

Brandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:49am
1.Remove CPU
2.Remove all Ram.
3.Set bios jumper to clear cmos.
4. Remove the mobo battery.
Let it sit for a hour then reinstall everything.
wormy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:58am
Why do you think removing CPU is needed? :) Tried it, but after removing the CPU, i'm not putting it back until new/replaced mobo. 
Brandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 2:07am
I've brought several boards back from the dead with that method...Do as you wish :). Looks like your stuck in a bios loop after a completed flash.A CPU removal and reinstall will usually solve that issue.

Edited by Brandon - 04 Apr 2017 at 2:29am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic