ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X370 Taichi error code 07

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asylum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock X370 Taichi error code 07
    Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:38am
I updated my bios through the instant flash utility (I did not use Windows) with the new version 1.94A and it said that it completed successfully, hit enter to reboot.  It didn't freeze or crash (was still acting stable and responded when I hit enter by promptly rebooting), I was not overclocking, and everything was set to default out of the box settings except for setting up a RAID and I forced the CPU pump fan header to run at full speed so my pump would not be throttled. Now it keeps displaying error code 07 on the debug led. I have removed all but one RAM stick, removed all USB devices, reset the bios by a jumper and the button on the I/O shield, and I have removed the battery while having the PSU unplugged while doing all those. Is my motherboard bricked or is there possibly some way to fix it?

I would like to add that prior to this problem I'm experiencing, the motherboard was working perfectly out of the box.  I was able to install Windows and everything was stable.  I only updated to the beta 1.94A because of all the new features/fixes that people mentioned which piqued my curiosity and I never had any problems with beta bios on any of my previous motherboards ever before, so I felt confident in giving it a try.  The fact that it said it completed successfully and responded as though everything went smoothly puts me at a loss as to why it won't post anymore.  It's a pain having to tear down my system after just getting the motherboard two days ago.  If there's any possible way it can be fixed, I am open to suggestions.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:13pm
Let's see if we can get you back running

07 relates to memory. Please see pg33, Sec. 2.8' Dr. Debug

Try this, with the mem in slots A2 and B2 before powering up, and post the results please(yea, I read your post fully, humor me):
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

Failing that, please post the memory Kit number you have.

Asylum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asylum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:16pm
Thanks.  I will try this out and report back.

ETA: The exact model of my ram is G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3866C18D-16GTZKW

It's not listed on the QVL but it didn't have any issues and using Windows worked just fine.  I believe they are SR Samsung ICs.

Edited by Asylum - 02 Apr 2017 at 2:18pm
Asylum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asylum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:06pm
I first tried 10 minutes, then tried for 4 hours.  Same error code 07.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Asylum Asylum wrote:

I first tried 10 minutes, then tried for 4 hours.  Same error code 07.

Hmmm ........ that sux.

Let's try a simple BIOS clearing, no battery out, first with only one stick in A2

If that fails do the clear BIOS, no battery out, with the other stick in A2
Asylum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asylum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:32pm
Just got through doing that, but it's still stopping on the same error. Unhappy

Also, thank you for trying to help me.
Asylum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asylum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 12:49pm
I just went to the store and bought another set of RAM to see if I could get past the "07" code, but it still does the same thing.  I tried a single one in all slots and both sticks in both channels. No change.  I also tried formatting a usb stick to FAT32 and placing a bios file in the root directory and spamming F6 in both usb 3.0 and 2.0 and it didn't have any effect (though after searching the forum, I found this method was completely useless)... 

This process has been nothing but frustrating.  Bios updates on the AM4 platform will be almost mandatory if not highly recommended due to all the bug fixes and memory enhancements that are coming in the near future.  That fact alone should have made having a recovery feature also mandatory.  This means nobody can ever fully trust performing a bios update because in my experience even if it says it was successful it might not have been and if the bios update fails you're completely screwed.  All this is going to do for Asrock is make the people that buy an Asrock AM4 motherboard second guess even trying to update the bios due to the HUGE possibility that their hard earned money could just instantly be flushed down the toilet after the return policy and warranties run out...  Luckily I'm still within my return window, but I can only hope that if somebody finds this thread it will serve as a warning to them so that they can second guess purchasing one of these and they can avoid having to go through the same headache I have gone through the past 2 days losing sleep with trying to solve an unfixable issue that could have EASILY been prevented in the first place.  If the reason for not including that feature was to aim for a certain price range then it can be compared to the illogical equivalent of a car manufacturer not including windshield wipers. This almost seems like it's an insult gesture towards AMD  because if you check out the Z270 Taichi it actually does have a way to recover the bios.
wormy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 1:19pm
Same here. Updated from 1.60 to 1.94A. After reboot, error code 07. Tried every possible combination, but still appears. Angry
I was hoping for a recovery method, but to no avail. I will return the mobo and get a new one from Asrock competitors... Thumbs Down

Stay away from that update!
kingsims View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsims Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 1:39pm
Hey,

I have the same issue as you.. Except my error code is 46. Again its memory related according to the Dr Debug codes. Oddly enough i think the memory banks are toast because my memory is G Skill Trident RGB and doesn't lights don't show up when they did before. Either that or MB killed the memory sticks (Have not had a chance to test them as i don't have a spare DD4 capable MB). Error occurs with memory or without.

Interestingly my issue started when i moved the memory from Banks A1 A2 to A1 B1 for dual channel. Failed to Post moving it back made no difference. 

Looks another user had the issue. Bad Flash/Bios Block checksum issues...

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4693&title=x370-k4-bios-update-fail-to-post-after

Also running BIOS 1.94A... Lodged a ticket with Asrock Support to confirm if there is away i can recover the BIOS chip or if they mail me out a a new bios chip. Going to retailer tomorrow to lodge a RMA job since i get a store credit and just get another one if its within 14 days.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Asylum Asylum wrote:

I just went to the store and bought another set of RAM to see if I could get past the "07" code, but it still does the same thing.  I tried a single one in all slots and both sticks in both channels. No change.  I also tried formatting a usb stick to FAT32 and placing a bios file in the root directory and spamming F6 in both usb 3.0 and 2.0 and it didn't have any effect (though after searching the forum, I found this method was completely useless)... 

This process has been nothing but frustrating.  Bios updates on the AM4 platform will be almost mandatory if not highly recommended due to all the bug fixes and memory enhancements that are coming in the near future.  That fact alone should have made having a recovery feature also mandatory.  This means nobody can ever fully trust performing a bios update because in my experience even if it says it was successful it might not have been and if the bios update fails you're completely screwed.  All this is going to do for Asrock is make the people that buy an Asrock AM4 motherboard second guess even trying to update the bios due to the HUGE possibility that their hard earned money could just instantly be flushed down the toilet after the return policy and warranties run out...  Luckily I'm still within my return window, but I can only hope that if somebody finds this thread it will serve as a warning to them so that they can second guess purchasing one of these and they can avoid having to go through the same headache I have gone through the past 2 days losing sleep with trying to solve an unfixable issue that could have EASILY been prevented in the first place.  If the reason for not including that feature was to aim for a certain price range then it can be compared to the illogical equivalent of a car manufacturer not including windshield wipers. This almost seems like it's an insult gesture towards AMD  because if you check out the Z270 Taichi it actually does have a way to recover the bios.

All I'll say is AMD screwed the pooch on Ryzens release.

As such, ASRock, and all the other manufacturers too, didn't get but a few weeks FINAL testing before AMD released processors for sale to the public.

There's more yet that about sums up how hastily AMD rushed Ryzen out the door.

Look in the other manufacturers Forums. Hell, just a few days ago MSI pulled their BIOSes down, for some reason I'm sure.

First Adopters are paying their dues. This round anyways.

I'll say what I always say, and this advice is more pertinent considering Ryzens ground up brand spankin' new architecture ..................

Don't be a guinea pig and chase that magical BIOS just yet. Wait, be patient, and read of others headaches for them leading the way. Follow cautiously, but don't lead. And if you've read many of my posts, I'm not a follower. Hardly. NOT!

This Ryzen memory fiasco happening now with ALL AM4 motherboard manufacturers will mature in short time. Trust me.

wormy, good luck with any competitors board. It's not the processor nor motherboard that you and Asylum suffer, it's all memory related.

Ryzen has very strict memory requirements. Meaning one can't just slap any ol' memory on an AM4 board and expect it to function from one BIOS to the next one released THREE days later. BETA no less.

C'mon and let's keep our wits tempered and not let anger cause us to do something ridiculous like switch MB's when you'll likely be facing the exact same issue.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic