ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Killer SLI - Won't post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xfactor4774 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Killer SLI - Won't post
    Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:32am
Hello all,

Just put together my new system, components:

Ryzen 1700
Killer SLI X370
Corsair Vengeance LPX (16GX4M2B3000C15)
Radeon R9 290

The issue I am having is I haven't even seen the bios once since I put it all together.

Stage 1:
Hooked everything up including the 2 RAM sticks in A2 & B2 as suggested in the manual. When powered on, the system would start (fans, lights) and then reboot loop without posting.

Stage 2:
After some reading and taking everything apart and rebuilding it, I tried one RAM stick in each RAM slot while clearing the CMOS before every new try. The system turns on, I actually get my keyboard lighting up (didn't use to at Stage 1) but no video signal.

What else can I try?
I picked this RAM because it was listed on the compatibility list. Is it the culprit?

Thanks for any help!

xfactor4774 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xfactor4774 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:52am
If anyone is running into something similar, there is a post on Reddit where the user experienced same issues. He got hold of a slower clocked RAM and used it to get the system to post. After updating bios etc he was then able to use his Corsair but at slower clocks. I will be trying this tomorrow.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by xfactor4774 xfactor4774 wrote:

Corsair Vengeance LPX (16GX4M2B3000C15)

snip!

I picked this RAM because it was listed on the compatibility list. Is it the culprit?

Thanks for any help!

The correct part number of your Kit is, I believe, CMK16GX4M4B3000C15 ?? 4x4GB Kit?

Who's compatibility list is this Kit on?

Cursair, yes, Cursair doesn't have ANY X370 motherboards listed on their Memory Finder.
http://www.cursair.com/en-us/memory-finder

And it doesn't appear on the Memory QVL of ASRocks for your motherboard either.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370 Killer SLI/index.asp#Memory

Your "Stage 1". How many time did you let it boot loop? Ryzen will attempt to reboot 3-4 times in trying to boot with the system components installed(re: memory). Assuming the memory is compatible it will enter a memory training stage after the FIRST reboot where it will then try different memory timings/settings in an attempt to boot.

Try: 1. Clear your BIOS, 2 sticks in A2 and B2, apply power and let it loop, if necessary, up to 5 times.

Boot? Good

No Boot? 1. Again, clear your BIOS, 1 stick in A2, apply power and let it loop, if necessary, up to 5 times.

Boot? Good

No Boot? 1. Again, clear your BIOS, 1 stick in B2, apply power and let it loop, if necessary, up to 5 times.

Boot? Good

No Boot? Contact Cursair and complain. LOUDLY.

Let me know what happens when you contact Cursair please.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xfactor4774 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:35pm
Thanks for the input. Funny enough the RAM was on Corsair's "Are you ready for Ryzen?" page.

The RAM is 2 sticks of 8gb.

I can't get the system to boot loop now :S, it just stays on with no video output.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xfactor4774 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:44pm
Update: 

2 sticks in A2 & B2 = boot loop, let it do it 12 times over, no luck.

1 stick in A2 or 1 stick in B2 = System on but no video output

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:06pm

Update: 

2 sticks in A2 & B2 = boot loop, let it do it 12 times over, no luck.

1 stick in A2 or 1 stick in B2 = System on but no video output

I'll ask as these happen here enough times.

Do you have both 24pin and 8pin power connected to the motherboard?

Your monitor. It is a computer monitor, and not a television? First boots prefer a monitor.

Being new, did you change monitor input cables that such you monitor isn't now "set' on looking for a signal on the wrong input port?

Do you have both 6pin and 8pin connected directly from the PSU to the video card?

The Cursair "Are you ready for Ryzen" page, does it specifically state your kit as compatible with the X370 Killer SLI? Or just a generic list of memory w/o having any definitive Compatibility listing?

Link?

Edited by wardog - 06 Apr 2017 at 9:07pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xfactor4774 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:40pm
Link to Corsair page

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/ryzen

The 24 & 8 pins are connected to motherboard. 8 & 6 pin connected to video card.

I am using a Dell P2415Q over dp & hdmi and no luck with either. Also tried a tv o er hdmi as it was available, no luck.

Going to get some GSkill ram from the QVL list
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:57pm

Going to get some GSkill ram from the QVL list

In case you don't have it, I'm posting a link to G.Skills page for your X370 Killer SLI that is more current than the one on you motherboards page at ASRock.

http://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=52&chip=2952&model=2988
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:59pm
Too, to rule out any chance of a now defective graphics card, do you have another to swap into the topmost x16 PCIe slot?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xfactor4774 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:48pm
Just plugged in new ram
G.skill f4-2400c15d-16gis
Not on the list again... didn't think thw last 3 characters mattered...

No luck. No reboot loop, just stays on with no video signal.

I'll check for another graphics card but I was just gaming on the current one yesterday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic