ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

fatal1ty ab350 gaming k4 ram

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y3llo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fatal1ty ab350 gaming k4 ram
    Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 11:54am
I am attempting post at anything above 2133mhz with my CMK16GX4M2B3200C16. Looking at the results from: http://rymem.vraith.com/detailed_ram/715

One user has been able to validate a speed of 3200mhz at a timing of 16-18-18-36-75-1T on the ab350 gaming k4: http://valid.x86.fr/mtqd9w

One thing I do not understand is how to adjust the last two timings, tCS and tCR. Where do I change these? I am also on 2.22

And now for a really dumb question, how do I change the SOC voltage? And do I want to?

Thanks!

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 1:40pm
Have you tried setting them up via their XMP Profile?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Have you tried setting them up via their XMP Profile?

According to what I have in front of me these sticks you have are Samsung b-die ICs, and for the most part those ICs are behaving well when set using XMP.
y3llo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y3llo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 1:49pm
The XMP profile causes it to bootloop 5 times before restarting.

I figured they were not Samsung b-die due to the c16 latency.
potyec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potyec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 3:32pm
I have the seame and normally with XMP profile not going trough ...

We have to find out how else we can set it up

potyec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potyec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 3:44pm
Actually what i see he has beta version 2.22 not the released 2.20 version 

I have exatly same ram as you but for me it`s running at 2933 .

I just wanna find out how to get it to 3200

Edited by potyec - 11 Apr 2017 at 3:45pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by y3llo y3llo wrote:

This "bootlooping' is Ryzens Memory Training going on. It is normal to see 4-5 times then come back up.

Go to the below link and download the Freeware version of Thaiphoon Burner. Install it, then at the bottom of the app click on Screenshot, then post the pic here please.

http://www.softnology.biz/files.html

potyec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potyec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by y3llo y3llo wrote:

This "bootlooping' is Ryzens Memory Training going on. It is normal to see 4-5 times then come back up.

Go to the below link and download the Freeware version of Thaiphoon Burner. Install it, then at the bottom of the app click on Screenshot, then post the pic here please.

http://www.softnology.biz/files.html

y3llo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y3llo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 9:14pm

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 11:16pm
We can see from Thaiphoon burner that your Corsair memory is using Hynix memory chips. In the right column, DRAM COMPONENTS, we see the Manufacture is Hynix, not Samsung.

potyec, you said you have the same model of memory, Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16, as y3llo does?

Are we seeing another case of one memory model that uses two different memory chips? One set has Samsung and the other Hynix?

With Ryzen, most if not all of the XMP profiles, which were designed for Intel memory controllers, do not work with Ryzen. You must enter the memory timings manually, and even then there is no guarantee the memory will work at speeds over 2933. Ryzen is a very new system, and the mother board manufactures are still getting information and code updates that are used in the UEFI/BIOS updates from AMD.

All we can do now is enter the memory timings, memory speed, and DRAM voltage manually. As you know, currently we only have the four main memory settings available in the UEFI. The Command Rate and other settings are set automatically by the UEFI. The DRAM voltage for any memory speed above 2400 must be 1.35V.

The Ryzen memory controller does not support memory speeds of 3000 and 3400, which is why 3000 memory must be used at 2933. That is the current information about Ryzen memory compatibility.

y3llo, you don't have an SOC voltage option in the OC Tweaker screen?

Just FYI, I have G.SKILL FlareX 3200 memory in my Ryzen X370 Killer SLI/ac board. That memory model is designed specifically for Ryzen, and not only can I not use the XMP profile, but the best speed I can get from it is 2933.

Edited by parsec - 11 Apr 2017 at 11:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic