ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi BIOS 2.00

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 8:41pm

so its either incorrect label on bios download page and it should not read 1004

or

it is indeed agesa 1004 but the bios signature hasnt been changed to correctly state its 1004
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Nocturnal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 12:25am
It's a top tier mobo, but still doesn't have update for new AGESA. And still contain error in description of last BIOS. People said me not buy Asrock production, but I hoped that it's only rumors.
Nocturnal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 12:26am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

it is indeed agesa 1004 but the bios signature hasnt been changed to correctly state its 1004

it's not so because memory latency is not fixed as on other motherboards
lowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 9:38am
Pretty sure as well bios 2.0 is AGESA 1.0.0.3 and the code string ends in xxxx111C which is the same code MSI was using in their beta 1.4x bios that they pulled because it could potentialy damage boards.

A mod or ASRock rep needs to investigate this and confirm one way or another because ASRock should be using AGESA 1.0.0.4a or 1.0.0.4b code now which is what all other vendors are using and NOT still be using code 1.0.0.3 which has potentialy hardware bricking bugs.
Nocturnal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 3:04am
Support ignore us. We bought sup-top board, but there is no support.
mysticjbyrd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticjbyrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 3:08am
That would explain why I didn't see any latency improvements that others were talking about.
Is "God" able, but not willing to stop evil? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God???

??Epicurus
Nocturnal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 2:43am
We need new BIOS with new AGESA and support CR2, as many another vendors MB already have it
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 6:04am
it would appear they answered in another thread unrelated to the agesa question

and that answer seems to be it is 1004 but is incorrectly reported as 1003
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Nocturnal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 6:01pm
I've written to support and today they answered me. Briefly:
"We forgot to update string in BIOS file that identifying AGESA version. Don't look at this."
But to be honest I don't believe.  I think support don't have enough time to all this work with bioses, agesa, memory compatibility issues etc. Marketing considerations don't allow to say client truth. But such situation is bad, it decline users loyalty.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

I've written to support and today they answered me. Briefly:
"We forgot to update string in BIOS file that identifying AGESA version. Don't look at this."
But to be honest I don't believe.  I think support don't have enough time to all this work with bioses, agesa, memory compatibility issues etc. Marketing considerations don't allow to say client truth. But such situation is bad, it decline users loyalty.

That is the gods honest truth. It took me three days of major Time Zone differences to make that point to them. It's good to read they answered you correctly.

MSI is now having this same issue over on their forums. One User even stated he had read that the file(s) had actually come from AMD with the incorrect versioning stated with in.

Regardless, I have extracted the microcode and compared it side by side to a KNOWN 1.0.0.4b and this I state above is correct concerning versioning.

So let's move along concerning this and cease with the conspiracy theories. It doesn't make anyone appear smart just spouting off rumors, whining, and uttering conjecture.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic