ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X370 K4 - bad Corsair RAM support before UEFI 2.1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 K4 - bad Corsair RAM support before UEFI 2.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 3:22am
Originally posted by twf85 twf85 wrote:

After doing all of that, try clearing the CMOS. I usually disconnect the battery for about 30 seconds. Also, disconnect your 1TB HDD. I once had a Seagate HDD that stalled my boot up time by several minutes. I only discovered it has holding up the system once it finally failed.

Tried these with no luck. I removed CMOS battery for about an hour this morning to be sure but it doesn't help.
I'll buy new RAM tomorrow and I hope it'll fix everything. If not, I'd try to RMA the board.
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 3:45am
Originally posted by Derreck Derreck wrote:

Originally posted by twf85 twf85 wrote:

After doing all of that, try clearing the CMOS. I usually disconnect the battery for about 30 seconds. Also, disconnect your 1TB HDD. I once had a Seagate HDD that stalled my boot up time by several minutes. I only discovered it has holding up the system once it finally failed.

Tried these with no luck. I removed CMOS battery for about an hour this morning to be sure but it doesn't help.
I'll buy new RAM tomorrow and I hope it'll fix everything. If not, I'd try to RMA the board.

Did you follow the instructions in your online manual on page 26 and moved the jumper as well? Did you also disconnect all other drives as well as usb devices and usb 3.0 motherboard connections?

English
2.5 Jumpers Setup
The illustration shows how jumpers are setup. When the jumper cap is placed on
the pins, the jumper is ?�Short?? If no jumper cap is placed on the pins, the jumper
is ?�Open?? The illustration shows a 3-pin jumper whose pin1 and pin2 are ?�Short??
when a jumper cap is placed on these 2 pins.
Clear CMOS Jumper
(C L R MO S1)
(see p.7, No. 18)
CLRMOS1 allows you to clear the data in CMOS. To clear and reset the system
parameters to default setup, please turn off the computer and unplug the power
cord from the power supply. After waiting for 15 seconds, use a jumper cap to
short pin2 and pin3 on CLRMOS1 for 5 seconds. However, please do not clear the
CMOS right after you update the BIOS. If you need to clear the CMOS when you
just finish updating the BIOS, you must boot up the system first, and then shut it
down before you do the clear-CMOS action. Please be noted that the password,
date, time, and user default profile will be cleared only if the CMOS battery is
removed.

Edited by clubfoot - 22 Apr 2017 at 3:47am
Derreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 3:55am
Originally posted by clubfoot clubfoot wrote:

Did you follow the instructions in your online manual on page 26 and moved the jumper as well? 

No I didn't! Thanks for the tip, I'll try it now

UPDATE: Unfortunately it didn't help.

Edited by Derreck - 22 Apr 2017 at 4:00am
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 4:14am
Bummer Confused Can you hookup a motherboard speaker? And do you leave it for awhile letting it do its rebooting? Does your monitor (LCD) back light come on at any stage in the rebooting process?

Edited by clubfoot - 22 Apr 2017 at 4:16am
Derreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 4:18am

Bummer Confused Can you hookup a motherboard speaker?

I don't have any...

And do you leave it for awhile letting it do its rebooting? Does your monitor (LCD) back light come on at any stage in the rebooting process?

I letted it rebooting for like 10-15 minutes the first time then turned the power off. 
My monitor just says "No signal" all the time (and goes to sleep after a while).
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 4:29am
I have to ask but is the 1X8 pin video card power connected to the power supply? Is the video card FULLY seated? No extra motherboard stand offs left behind/not used?
Derreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 4:34am

I have to ask but is the 1X8 pin video card power connected to the power supply? Is the video card FULLY seated? No extra motherboard stand offs left behind/not used?

For the sake of testing I tried to boot with GPU properly installed, with GPU without power cable and without GPU at all. In all these modes my PC is stuck in identical boot loop. I think GPU is not a problem here.

Just rechecked this - all 9 stand offs are on their place.
Derreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 6:57pm
Hello again! I bought a new memory kit - now from ADATA (AX4U2400W8G16-SRD) and it works like a charm. I'm finally able to access BIOS and everything seems to be working fine!

So my advice to anyone who has a problem with the same board (ASRock X370 Gaming K4) - buy ADATA memory instead of Corsair!
Mike K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 7:31pm
Thanks for the update Derreck,

I guess even memory on their QVL list is subject to not working at all because I specifically bought one that was on the list to avoid having a compatibility problem....

Guess I should look for a different kit myself and see If I can get mine up an running too.
Derreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 8:54pm
UPDATE: So I got into BIOS and decided to update it to a newest version (2.1). It was successful.
Then I thought - can the new version bring a compatibility with my old RAM? So I again installed these troubled Corsair memory sticks - and system works!

Edited by Derreck - 22 Apr 2017 at 9:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic