ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS update mistake on X370 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bukankhadam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIOS update mistake on X370 Taichi
    Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 3:22pm
Hi. I just bought x370 taichi this week and tried to update my bios. I used the update through windows and stupid of me to not read the how-to properly on asrock website. (I'm new to this kind of thing. So pls pardon my stupidity ) instead of clicking the 'UpdateBIOS' patch file in the downloaded BIOS update file, I stupidly run one of the exe file (afuwin64.exe) in AfuWin64 file that is also in the BIOS update file. After that, I proceed with the exe file and save the things that it do and then restarted my PC. When restart, the system run with all fans and LED like normal but the DrDebug on the the mobo went bat sh*t crazy displaying a lot of error number in quite high speed. The monitor did not pick up any signal and the keyboard is also not detected.

After this happen, i try all sort of things to recover the previous BIOS such as clear CMOS, reset with the jumper, taking out the CMOS battery and so on but nothing works. I'm really feeling hopeless now and need some help.

Do I have any other choice than to return the mobo to the shop I bought it and ask or replacement or RMA? Does this stupid mistake of mine even covered by RMA? Please somebody/anybody, help me fix this.   I know it's my fault for doing this stupid thing but please help me..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic