ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - x370 v2.0 only BIOS listed for Taichi / Pro Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 v2.0 only BIOS listed for Taichi / Pro Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bill H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 v2.0 only BIOS listed for Taichi / Pro Game
    Posted: 01 May 2017 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Nemesis.ie Nemesis.ie wrote:

Can you post a snapshot of your 4000 settings.

4000 MHz settings X370 Fatal1ty Pro Gamer 1800x BIOS v2.00

Sensor results under load 

4100 MHz settings SMT disabled

Edited by Bill H - 02 May 2017 at 11:53am
X370 Pro Gamer - 1800x@4000 -
EVGA GTX 1080 Hydro Copper SLI -
G.SKILL F4-3000C14D-16GTZ@3200MHz - Single liquid loop
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Bill H Bill H wrote:

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

I haven't been in a Forum like this since the 90's. 

Old Fart! It's changed since the ASCII days TongueLOL

Welcome to the ASRock Forums Bill. Not sure what yours says but my odometer rolled over to 57 earlier this year.

Where is an appropriate thread to post pics of BIOS settings and sensor results?

Meh, put 'em up right here Bill as this has gotten way way off topic anyways.
Bill H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 12:47pm

Welcome to the ASRock Forums Bill. Not sure what yours says but my odometer rolled over to 57 earlier this year.

Where is an appropriate thread to post pics of BIOS settings and sensor results?
Bill H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 12:41pm

Past grey to white hair, 68 in June.
Hand built my first PC in 1976. 8 bit Intel 8080 1.7MHz, 8k RAM.
I had to hand assemble a video driver for it, none came with the video board.

Edited by Bill H - 30 Apr 2017 at 12:48pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 11:55am

Lisanderus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisanderus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 11:24am
I bought a motherboard with BIOS version 1.5 ... first I found out that I had to update the version only through Windows (oh god). Secondly, there was no such version on your site. Good people helped by dropping version 2.0 WINDOWS. Why are you doing this :(?
Bill H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 10:26am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by Lexius Lexius wrote:

Hello, I was wondering that my motherboard came with P 1.40, and can't even find files for dos upgrade. No instant flash option available. There is only 2.0 bios file for instant flash. Where can I find a dos one for at least 1.50?

And, here's a excellent reason for not removing all the previous UEFI/BIOS versions! Ouch

Early production/stock of Ryzen boards will have the first, somewhat incomplete UEFI versions. Obviously everyone has not used the early board stocks yet, or updated to a version that added Instant Flash yet. Jumping the gun a bit at ASRock about removing the early UEFI versions, sorry about that!

You can contact ASRock Tech support, that should be able to provide you with a copy of the appropriate UEFI version:

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

You can also request DOS BIOS versions in the AMD Motherboards Forum.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5009&title=request-dos-flashing-bios-files-here

Edited by Bill H - 30 Apr 2017 at 10:29am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Lexius Lexius wrote:

Hello, I was wondering that my motherboard came with P 1.40, and can't even find files for dos upgrade. No instant flash option available. There is only 2.0 bios file for instant flash. Where can I find a dos one for at least 1.50?

And, here's a excellent reason for not removing all the previous UEFI/BIOS versions! Ouch

Early production/stock of Ryzen boards will have the first, somewhat incomplete UEFI versions. Obviously everyone has not used the early board stocks yet, or updated to a version that added Instant Flash yet. Jumping the gun a bit at ASRock about removing the early UEFI versions, sorry about that!

You can contact ASRock Tech support, that should be able to provide you with a copy of the appropriate UEFI version:

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 10:05am

Yes, OCCT 4.5.0 is accurate. I haven't had any problems stress testing with it, even
up to 4100MHz. To run that speed stable I have to disable SMT, bump the
Vcore offset to 11250. It runs well for gaming, but I usually keep it at 4000MHz
for every day.

I haven't had any problems loading from any saved profiles.

The only problem I have had is enabling SMT after it was disabled.

After selecting SMT on and F10, shutdown, unplug the AC cord from the power supply and bleed
the caps by pushing the power button several times.

As for posting a pic of the BIOS settings, I need to read up on posting pics.

This forum requires the use of an image hosting website in order to post pictures. You upload the pictures to the image hosting site, get a copy of the URL for the picture from the site, and use that in the Insert Image tool in the forum post editor. The little icon of a green tree is the Insert Image tool.

You can capture screenshots of the UEFI/BIOS screens with a small USB flash drive (16GB max) in a USB port in the IO panel. With a UEFI screen on the monitor, press the F12 key, and you should see a message that the image was saved to the USB flash drive.

Bill H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 9:28am
Yes, OCCT 4.5.0 is accurate. I haven't had any problems stress testing with it, even
up to 4100MHz. To run that speed stable I have to disable SMT, bump the
Vcore offset to 11250. It runs well for gaming, but I usually keep it at 4000MHz
for every day.

I haven't had any problems loading from any saved profiles.

The only problem I have had is enabling SMT after it was disabled.

After selecting SMT on and F10, shutdown, unplug the AC cord from the power supply and bleed
the caps by pushing the power button several times.

As for posting a pic of the BIOS settings, I need to read up on posting pics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic