ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - x370 v2.0 only BIOS listed for Taichi / Pro Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 v2.0 only BIOS listed for Taichi / Pro Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 v2.0 only BIOS listed for Taichi / Pro Game
    Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:06am
I just now checked to see if ASRock had a new BIOS update for x370 PRO Gamer and found that they have deleted all other versions except for v2.0.
I checked for x370 Taichi and it's the same thing there.
I wonder why they don't want the older versions around?
X370 Pro Gamer - 1800x@4000 -
EVGA GTX 1080 Hydro Copper SLI -
G.SKILL F4-3000C14D-16GTZ@3200MHz - Single liquid loop
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:42am
It's the same for all 14 ASRock Ryzen board models, they ALL now have only one UEFI/BIOS version available, as of 4/27/2017.

Multiple reasons for this, but the main one being the previous versions currently serve no purpose. All the fixes that AMD has provided in the CPU microcode, such as the FMA3 instruction bug, and improved memory compatibility, are incorporated into the latest UEFI versions. The number of fixes, new UEFI options and features, and improvements to existing options, make the previous versions obsolete.

The latest versions are the most "correct" UEFI versions that have ever been available. It's been known for a while now that AMD released the Ryzen processors for retail sale before the mother board manufactures had time to get their UEFI/BIOS complete, and have been receiving updates from AMD since that time.

Plus AMD is not done providing more updates that will be incorporated into future versions. AMD announced that another AGESA update (CPU microcode and other things that are part of the UEFI) will be made available sometime in May.

Also, why would any mother board manufacture want to support multiple UEFI versions, when it is known the earlier versions have bugs and fewer features. The bug fixes apply to all mother board manufactures, since the fixes come from AMD and are given to all the manufactures.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Bill H Bill H wrote:

I wonder why they don't want the older versions around?

Issues with this persons system config or that persons system config. That's usually why any manufacturer would pull a BIOS revision.

And here we're discussing a brand new processor _and_ chipset. So considering, it's not unusual. The same happens at every new chipset release.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:43am
Huh!
Bill H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:01pm
Issues with this persons system config or that persons system config. That's usually why any manufacturer would pull a BIOS revision.

And here we're discussing a brand new processor _and_ chipset. So considering, it's not unusual. The same happens at every new chipset release.
[/QUOTE]

It makes sense.
I was getting CPU Vcore fluctuations from x370 v2.0 for my Pro Gamer and went back to v1.60.
I have since noticed that when I boot into the BIOS, the motherboard is reporting the correct
voltages in the H/W Monitor section and that it is probably just misreporting it to third party apps.
When I get a chance I will be going back to v2.0.

I was just a little surprised.
Thanks

Edited by Bill H - 29 Apr 2017 at 2:51pm
X370 Pro Gamer - 1800x@4000 -
EVGA GTX 1080 Hydro Copper SLI -
G.SKILL F4-3000C14D-16GTZ@3200MHz - Single liquid loop
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 9:20pm
its worse than that
they have removed some ram kits from the qvl as well
(the only gskill 3200 kit is now the flarex) used to have some tridents there

oh my god suddenly my ram will not work now Ouch

LOL
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Optik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:17am
My taichi running with p1.60 if someone need it tell me I can upload it.
Taichi X370
AMD R7 1700X
Arctic Liquid FreeZer 240
G.Skill Flare X 3200 cl 14@2933
PowerColer RX480
Phanteks EnTHoo Luxe
BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 11 550W
Lexius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 9:30am
Hello, I was wondering that my motherboard came with P 1.40, and can't even find files for dos upgrade. No instant flash option available. There is only 2.0 bios file for instant flash. Where can I find a dos one for at least 1.50?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Lexius Lexius wrote:

Hello, I was wondering that my motherboard came with P 1.40, and can't even find files for dos upgrade. No instant flash option available. There is only 2.0 bios file for instant flash. Where can I find a dos one for at least 1.50?

Check you other post Lexius. I've uploaded the latest DOS file for you.
Nemesis.ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesis.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 8:35pm
[URL=][/URL]
It makes sense.
I was getting CPU Vcore fluctuations from x370 v2.0 for my Pro Gamer and went back to v1.60.

Are you sure that's not normal based on load/droop?

What LLC are you using? Maybe the LLC was just fixed/not working/buggy in the older version?

Not saying you are wrong, just looking at reasons/options. :)

Edited by Nemesis.ie - 29 Apr 2017 at 8:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic