ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

new bios versions out (dont rush)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new bios versions out (dont rush)
    Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:58am
seems we have had a new bios out today

for most of us dont risk the flash process
it would seem it is only a change to the identifying line of text in hwinfo

eg it now reports itself as agesa 1004 and not agesa 1003

so the few people who just cannot sleep at night with bios version 1004 saying its 1003 in hwinfo can now

GET SOME SLEEP

LOL
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 2:24am
That would be disappointing if there were no significant changes in the newly released UEFI/Bios update.

Although, it would not be a surprise at this point as AsRock made the best X370 Motherboards 'component-wise' and even 'feature-wise' - the UEFI/Bios experience and usability of it has been another story. Asus and Gigabyte X370 customers complained a ton at first(early March)... but those manufacturers 'stepped' up and produced updates 'worthy' of their Brand...

I hope this month AsRock does the same, as the BCLK external generator does not function correctly. The competition has proven they can implement their BCLK generator design flawlessly, as well as vastly improving DDR4 memory performance and compatibility.

I'll download the latest Bios and check it out later today... cant hurt worse than it already does... right???

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 2:47am
well in a way i sort of disagree
asrock HAVE listened to the users on here

and changed a bit of bios to prevent the sleepless nights of a few who sit staring at there computer screen with hwinfo open and demand it to say 1004

Hug     feel the love.............

meanwhile back in the real world lets hope the rest of the bios team are working with amd and making the most of the 1005 release to cover as many brands and versions of ram to QVL some good results may we hope for 3600?
may we hope support for overclocking some tasty samsung b dies to 4000

on a side note i believe the gigabyte you mention ALSO has an issue with hwinfo reporting agesa as 1003
myself ?

i wont be bothering to update to version 2.2
i just found it amusing they even bothered to release/waste time changing the id string to keep some tin hat wearer happy

(footnote..im not implying you to be a tin hat wearer the object of my banter isnt aimed directly at anyone)

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 2:51am
cut n paste from reddit/amd

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD. The BIOS structure of BIOS P2.00 is exactly v1.0.0.4a, and it's also confirmed by AMD. Because the 3rd party tool read the AGESA code version from the specific strings and the strings hasn't been modified as v1.0.0.4a, the 3rd party tool just show the AGEDA code as the old version v1.0.0.3?? But we have released latest BIOS P2.30 to Update Agesa Version string "SummitPI-AM4 1.0.0.4a", please refer blow link to verify again.

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 2:55am
^unfortunately i didnt actually
'please refer  blow link to verify again'

in fact i dont really wish to blow anything Smile
but to be fair
their english is still much better than my taiwanese

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 3:26am
Could have been as bad as MSI had it.

They, MSI, took ALL their BIOSes down and stranded their Users with what the had.

I agree with daytonb, ASRock has and is listening. While at times it seems they're slow in responding to BIOS issues, of which AM4/Ryzen is loaded with, the BIOSes ASRock releases have been painless when compared to other board manufacturers BIOS releases.

Evey ones systems act and behave different, depending, from one release to the other. Trust me, ASRocks BIOS Engineers, yes there are BIOS Engineers as it's a black science, are working diligently to accommodate Users.

Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 8:20am
Ah, the 'team up'!!! Good. Ok, nonetheless I never indicated 'slowness' regarding Bios updates. I just finished reading an OC Guide at Tom's Hardware featuring the Asus X370 Top Tier board. That guide touted all of the things they can do with the UEFI/Bios that Asus offers... -yep, that the 'competition' offers.

In the guide I read, I came across point after point that is not available to me, it was very 'glaring' and a 'stark contrast' IMO.

I do believe ASRocks Bios team is top notch on the Intel side. There simply may not be that dedication on the AMD side(...UEFI/Bios only, as the hardware/component design is better than the competitors). Results matter. As do experiences of the customers. Understand, I still believe I made the 'best' X370 purchase when comparing to the other 2 Top competitors being Asus and Gigabyte(MSI didn't even show up...).

If, some 'parity' in UEFI/Bios (whether real or euphoric) is not experienced as the weeks turn into months I'm certain most will be disappointed at the very least.

btw here is the link to Tom's:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclocking-amd-ryzen,5011.html
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Kevin A Kevin A wrote:

Ah, the 'team up'!!! Good. Ok, nonetheless I never indicated 'slowness' regarding Bios updates. I just finished reading an OC Guide at Tom's Hardware featuring the Asus X370 Top Tier board. That guide touted all of the things they can do with the UEFI/Bios that Asus offers... -yep, that the 'competition' offers.

In the guide I read, I came across point after point that is not available to me, it was very 'glaring' and a 'stark contrast' IMO.

I do believe ASRocks Bios team is top notch on the Intel side. There simply may not be that dedication on the AMD side(...UEFI/Bios only, as the hardware/component design is better than the competitors). Results matter. As do experiences of the customers. Understand, I still believe I made the 'best' X370 purchase when comparing to the other 2 Top competitors being Asus and Gigabyte(MSI didn't even show up...).

If, some 'parity' in UEFI/Bios (whether real or euphoric) is not experienced as the weeks turn into months I'm certain most will be disappointed at the very least.

btw here is the link to Tom's:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclocking-amd-ryzen,5011.html

There is another glaring and stark contrast between the AM4 product lines of Asus and ASRock, as wardog pointed out shortly after Ryzen processors were released. That contrast is still true today.

Asus has five AM4 board models. ASRock has fourteen AM4 board models.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp#AM4

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/AMD-platform-Products

With almost three times the number of AM4 model boards to support, ASRock has a bit more to deal with. Shocked

The X370 Taichi board is $190 after rebate on 4/4/2017 at Newegg. The X370 ROG Crosshair VI Hero at Newegg on 4/4/2017 is on sale for $255. You may be getting more UEFI/BIOS options now, but you're paying for it. No surprise really.

You did fail to mention a few things about this wonderful UEFI/BIOS version that Asus has for their board. All the bugs that were found in it and reported in the review. I only made it to page three of the review in your post's link, when this (the second) bug was reported. To quote:

"Nothing died, but we discovered a 1.1V software setting was really 1.7V on the board"

That's the VCore being set to 1.7V instead of 1.1V. A followup quote from the review about this:

The bug was reported to Asus, and a representative told us it'd be corrected in the next version of TurboV Core. Just before publishing, we tried the latest version of TurboV Core and discovered that, instead of dialing in an incorrect voltage, the application now crashes instead.

Personally, I will be euphoric if ASRock does not duplicate this fine work by Asus. Dead

I can only ask, what is wrong with ASRock's "... dedication on the AMD side (UEFI/BIOS only..."?

I could go on, but I must agree, that review speaks for itself. Pinch
GenesisDoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenesisDoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:56pm
I have no issues with 2.0 except the detection issues with Silicon Motion SSD's. I will wait a bit before updating to 2.2, make sure other people don't run into some big issue.
Taichi X370, Ryzen 1700 @ 4ghz, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Ram, Samsung 960 EVO nvme, Intel 600P nvme, 2TB Seagate HDD, 2TB Hitachi HDD, 1TB Mushkin SSD, GTX 1080
Lisanderus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisanderus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 4:08pm
Really, 2->2.2 and only text string changed? Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic