ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Boot Menu Graphic Glitch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydiver88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Boot Menu Graphic Glitch
    Posted: 08 May 2017 at 1:28am
When I go into boot menu i get this weird graphic issue where the cursor leaves a trail as it moves and the menu doesn't show up. Only the "enter setup" and "boot default" buttons show once I hover over them. 

Is there a way to rollback the update I made to see if it worked before?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 3:45am
Before you update/downgrade your UEFI (BIOS) try clearing CMOS.
skydiver88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydiver88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 8:14am
I did. The problem persists.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:00am
Originally posted by skydiver88 skydiver88 wrote:

When I go into boot menu i get this weird graphic issue where the cursor leaves a trail as it moves and the menu doesn't show up. Only the "enter setup" and "boot default" buttons show once I hover over them. 

Is there a way to rollback the update I made to see if it worked before?

No idea which Fatal1ty board you have, there are four Fatal1ty Z270 models.

Are you talking about the Boot menu in the UEFI, or the one that you can access by pressing a function key during POST?

Which UEFI/BIOS update method did you use?

There is no specific UEFI rollback method. You can flash the UEFI to any version at any time on your board.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydiver88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

No idea which Fatal1ty board you have, there are four Fatal1ty Z270 models.

Are you talking about the Boot menu in the UEFI, or the one that you can access by pressing a function key during POST?

Which UEFI/BIOS update method did you use?

There is no specific UEFI rollback method. You can flash the UEFI to any version at any time on your board.

Thank you for your reply. I have the Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac model. I updated through the bios itself. I will attempt to flash through USB.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydiver88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 9:04am
Bumping this thread. I flashed my motherboard and I still cant manage to get a boot menu. This is really inconvenient for me. The boot menu shows when CSM compatibility is turned off, but I cannot see my hard drives. If anyone knows anything, please help!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 9:26am
Please list out you system hardware and the age of the PSU
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by skydiver88 skydiver88 wrote:

Bumping this thread. I flashed my motherboard and I still cant manage to get a boot menu. This is really inconvenient for me. The boot menu shows when CSM compatibility is turned off, but I cannot see my hard drives. If anyone knows anything, please help!

We still don't know if you are talking about the Boot Menu shown when you press F11 during POST, or in the UEFI itself. It seems you mean the F11 boot menu, is that right?

Did you install Windows with CSM disabled? Not that it's wrong to do so, just asking. Did you install Windows for UEFI booting?

Are the HDDs that are not shown partitioned as MBR or GPT?

This may seem like a strange question, but what do you use for a video source? A video card or the Intel iGPU? If a video card, what model number is it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydiver88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

We still don't know if you are talking about the Boot Menu shown when you press F11 during POST, or in the UEFI itself. It seems you mean the F11 boot menu, is that right?

Did you install Windows with CSM disabled? Not that it's wrong to do so, just asking. Did you install Windows for UEFI booting?

Are the HDDs that are not shown partitioned as MBR or GPT?

This may seem like a strange question, but what do you use for a video source? A video card or the Intel iGPU? If a video card, what model number is it?

Yes, it's the F11 boot menu. I installed windows with CSM enabled because otherwise my SSD isn't recognized (Samsung 250GB M.2 PCIe NVMe 960 EVO), which is partitioned as MBR.  I did install windows with UEFI booting, and without. Results are the same. I doubt it has anything to do with the operating system as I formatted the SSD and booted up while blank, and the bug was still there.

I am using an nvidia card, (1050 ti) but I have taken it out completely and connected straight into the MB using both HDMI and Display Port, with same results. Please have a look at the image below:

This is with CSM disabled:

As you may see it is missing my other drive and displaying some weird symbols instead.

Edited by skydiver88 - 14 May 2017 at 10:45pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 1:11am
Have you installed an OS on this missing drive?

I believe that w/o an OS the BIOS is smart enough to not display a NON-bootable drive
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic