ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Samsung B-Die C14 Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Samsung B-Die C14 Suggestions
    Posted: 08 May 2017 at 6:35am
Can someone suggest a 16Gb B-Die set to pair with my X370 Killer SLI A/C?

I'm using the Noctua 12US cooler which makes the height of the ram irrelevant.

I would prefer base clock to be 3200 and black/white or black and white to stick with my white build.

I'm returning my other Ram sticks that I purchased before I knew about B-Die... Corsair Vengeance LED and G.Skill Ripjaws V.

Thanks in advance!
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 6:52am
I checked the ever 'popular' Rymem site for your board. Here is the link:

http://rymem.vraith.com/specific/5

Apparently these all work on your board. Though I do not know the 'color' scheme they have, at least there are the part numbers. Hope it helps. With the part numbers you can find the size in GB's and then look them up on Zon, Egg or your 'fave' e-tailer of choice.

Also that site shows CPU-z images of the speeds of the memory and the timings used to achieve the specific frequency.

Edited by Kevin A - 08 May 2017 at 6:53am
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 7:30am
Ok I think I'll just run with the G.Skill Flair X. It isn't listed on my QVL, but maybe the update to my Bios this month will unlock its full potential.

Flair X:

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16820232530?Keyword=F4-3200C14D-16GFX

Thank you for the website!
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by AlbinoRhino AlbinoRhino wrote:

Ok I think I'll just run with the G.Skill Flair X. It isn't listed on my QVL, but maybe the update to my Bios this month will unlock its full potential.

Flair X:

I use that 16GB G.SKILL FlareX kit with my X370 Killer SLI/ac now, and it works fine but only up to 2933. I haven't tried it with extra high SOC voltage yet.

Most if not all of the G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 memory at 3200+ should be Samsung B-die.
Conraire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Conraire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 11:32am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Flair X:

I use that 16GB G.SKILL FlareX kit with my X370 Killer SLI/ac now, and it works fine but only up to 2933. I haven't tried it with extra high SOC voltage yet.

Most if not all of the G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 memory at 3200+ should be Samsung B-die.

Neh, the Trident Z F4-3200C16D-16GTZB set I was previously using are Hynix, and wouldn't post above 2400 on my X370 Fatal1ty Pro Gaming no matter what I did.

I recently changed to the Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX kit, and all I had to do with those was set the XMP profile, and it booted right up at 3200 C14 1.35v.  Didn't have to tweak cpu/soc voltages or anything. 

berner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:34pm
I also have the Flare X kit and it's almost stable on my k4 x370 with SOC set to 1.1V. While i get no errors in memtest86 (4passes), I do get Memory related Bluescreens while gaming(especially in Assasins creed unity for whatever reason) if i have it set to 3200 so i run the ram at 2993 for the moment.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 7:45am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Ok I think I'll just run with the G.Skill Flair X. It isn't listed on my QVL, but maybe the update to my Bios this month will unlock its full potential.

Flair X:

The 2933 is great news as that is the speed I'm aiming for. I see other motherboard vendors have achieved the ability to enable this Ram to run at and above advertised speeds so I'm rooting for Asrock as well. Where I am hoping to run at 3200 in the the future it won't hurt my feelings if I end up only being able the he run at 2933.

We have the same mobo so I went ahead and ordered a set of the Flare X CL14s so they'll be there when I fly home.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 8:12am
When I take the Corsair Ram out of the case and replace them with the FlareX do I need to reset the Cmos or anything in the Bios prior to starting the system up the first time with the new Ram?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 9:35am
Yes, definitely clear the CMOS while you are installing the FlareX. Before you start, save your UEFI options in a profile if you haven't done that already. You'll need to change the memory settings but at least you can restore the other easily with a profile.

Let the FlareX start at first with all Auto settings for the memory options. It should default to 2400 and 1.2V. Just to check if it is working fine out of the box, mine was fine.

I haven't tried using the XMP profile since even manually I could not get the memory to work at 3200. It might work now with the new UEFI version, I haven't tried it.

I don't know if you've seen this, but there is a new option for memory overclocking in the Advanced, AMD CBS screen, called DRAM Timing Configuration. I had to set the Overclock option in that screen to Enabled before any manual memory speed changes would be applied. You can also set the timings in that screen.

I set the memory speed manually to 2933, with timings of 14 14 14 14 34, DRAM Voltage of 1.35V. Yes there are four timings to set to 14, the final one, Tras, is 34.

Posts above have inspired me to try the XMP profile, wish me luck! Geek

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 5:33pm
When clearing the CMOS do people just do a battery pull or do they also do the pin jumping?

If I also jump the pins do you place the jumper back in the original position before or after you put the battery back in?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic