ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty X370 Pro Gaming Error Codes on Startup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty X370 Pro Gaming Error Codes on Startup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewRigTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty X370 Pro Gaming Error Codes on Startup
    Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:43pm
Guys,

I would like to know if the Dr. Debug error codes that I am seeing when I turn my new PC build on are normal, or if i need to RMA the board...

The video of the error codes may be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f8lr25qi3tqqszs/AACnel7JdHPvwcft_GamKqxua?dl=0

I could not list them all here if i tried.  They flash to quickly when i first turn the computer on.  they go away completely when i am in windows, and everything else seems to be working normally.  I just dont want a defective motherboard later down the line...
NewRigTime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewRigTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:55pm
My Build Specs:
-CPU: AMD RYZEN 1800x
-RAM: 64 GB G.Skill Flare X 2400 MHz DDR4
-CASE: Silverstone FT-02 No Window
-MoBo: AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming
-CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-D15 w/ AM4 bracket ASSY (with only 1 Noctua Fan installed due to clearnace issues)
-FANS 1: (3) AP181 180 mm Air penetrator
-FANS 2: (1) Exhaust fan that came on the case
-PSU: Seasonic 850 W Modular
-HDD for Main OS: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500 GB
-HHD (Currently Unplugged right now but will be needed): Seagate 3 TB secondary HD from my older PC w/ all my files
-GPU: Radeon HD 4850 (I know its super old.  Waiting for vega maybe not sure yet :P)
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 2:14am
Perhaps if you just list a few of the codes it may help as the Fatality X370 goes thru numerous codes upon boot. At least it does for me.

Also, as long as you are not getting any 'beeps'(providing you have a speaker attached), and you are able to get to your OS environment then... that's a 'good thing'. Right? Hope it is, as my first boot was met with an angry MS Win 64-bit message informing me my upgraded Win 10 64-bit(free upgrade from 8.1 to 10) was no longer activated and I needed to purchase a new license.

I had planned ahead for such an event and picked up a copy on sale at Micro Center, so I activated it to be legal once more.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 2:38am
A post code is only an error code if it does not clear. If the system boots into the OS and the Debug LED goes blank then all is well. If there is a code that gets "stuck" and won't clear then that can indicate an error. Typically when a code gets stuck the system freezes during post.

This is perfectly normal. The Debug LED displays what part of the post process is currently occurring, there are numerous post tests that happen every time you power the system on or reset, each of these has a code that will be displayed. So when the system freezes during a particular test the code will remain on the display and give you an idea as to what test failed and what it was related to. It is a very useful troubleshooting tool Wink
NewRigTime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewRigTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 9:40am
Thanks guys!  I sure am glad that it was just an over-reaction on my part!  Appreciate the help!  Now to start messing with my new PC :)
Exsosus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exsosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 6:04am
Hi, I recently purchased a Fatal1ty Gaming Professional mainboard and I receive the error code: PO when the sys is powered on. I do not get POST and the mainboard 'hangs' in this state and text.

What does "PO" without the quotes mean? Thank you.

Sys specs:
Ryzen 1700 3.0 Ghz (OC 3.7)
Fatal1ty Professional X370 mobo
32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz sys mem - Memory code: CMD16GX4M2B3000C15
2x GTX 9704GB gfx boards running side by side no SLI

I have tried...

Checked all cables, especially the main motherboard 24-pin and the 8-pin CPU cable. The gfx board, (single now) which I'm using for testing has all power connectors correct. All of lights (the stock cooler and sys fans) glow nicely and all the fans are powered and spinning.

I have even tried running the sys memory in 1A 2A format so that only 2 modules are in (2x8GB) = 16GB and still the same error message.

One last thing, when I remove all the memory the mainboard continuously changes error code numbers so I know that it detects the memory when I plug it in correctly as it stops on 'PO'.

Pic: 1 picture https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B94gA4XT_hEBc0d3cXVxNG1UYms

Any ideas?
Ty very much.
Exsosus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exsosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 6:12am
Does 'PO' mean not enough power? I am running a 750Watt corsair RM750. Should be more than enough.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 6:25am
whoa

hold ya horses

we need more info

has this system booted before ?

also reduce the system down to as little as possible (eg remove all usb,hard drives double gfx cards etc )

you just want 1 stick of ram in slot a2
cpu and fan
gpu
now try and boot
(the first initail boot may takes a few nerve wracking minutes) as the bios needs to initialise
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Exsosus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exsosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 6:41am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

whoa

hold ya horses

we need more info

has this system booted before ?

also reduce the system down to as little as possible (eg remove all usb,hard drives double gfx cards etc )

you just want 1 stick of ram in slot a2
cpu and fan
gpu
now try and boot
(the first initail boot may takes a few nerve wracking minutes) as the bios needs to initialise

Hi Datonyb,

Thank you for your message. Answer #1: This sys has not booted before. This is the 5th, maybe 6th cold boot so far since finished built a few hours ago. I have done as you've asked, and please correct me if there should be a different basic configuration:

Gfx card (single) the second one removed completely in the PCI Ex slot closest to the CPU. That is Slot #1 I believe.

1x single 8GB RAM module installed in the 2nd to furthest away from the CPU in Slot number 3 (of 4), and that I believe is slot A2.

I have waited 5 minutes on a timer to post this reply before confirming if I have POST or no POST and the answer is still no CMOS POST.

The mobo reads: "PO" as before. Monitor tested? Yes I have a 2nd PC here on standby, the (work laptop) I'm writing from, and the monitor screen works just fine when plugged in.

Ty for additional advice you Awesome Fans of Fatal1ty Motherboard line-up! I cannot wait to finally get to CMOS...then installing Win 10 Pro x64.

I have checked my clock and its reading about 6 minutes in PO-mode now, and so I'll hit 'Post reply'
Exsosus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exsosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 7:10am
Defective motherboard perhaps?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic