ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 ALC1220 Audio issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MunkeyBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 ALC1220 Audio issues
    Posted: 08 May 2017 at 7:40pm
I've been experiencing some odd issues with the audio on this board. It could be related to drivers, since I haven't reinstalled windows after installing the new motherboard, but before I do this I'd want to check if anyone is experiencing the same issues.

The problem is the following: 
When I start windows, I hear some static buzzing in the background.
Then after a few seconds, I get a windows has installed some new hardware notification sound, the buzzing dissapears.

Afterwards, the audio level is too loud, I have to turn it down to about 20% to not murder my ears. I have a feeling this is bad for audio quality because compared to the Gigabyte X370/AB350 boards I really notice the difference in quality. In the realtek driver suite I see an option for the Impedence of the headset (which is probably too high for mine) but I can't change the setting. I do see another option with "Dynamic/Balanced/Ultimate?", but changing this doesn't seem to do anything.

Anyone else having these problems, or should I just reset windows and try again with a fresh install?
Dogmifier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogmifier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 10:42pm
I'd fresh install, personally. I'm not having these issues at all...

X99X Fata1ity
16GB Crucial
1200W Corsair
evga GTX 1080
Samsung 950 Pro
MunkeyBalls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MunkeyBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 2:38am
So I just reinstalled windows because it was driving me insane and it's still there!

What bios version are you on? (I read another forum post of a user with similar issues saying this was introduced @ Bios 2.1 for him).

It's a really frustrating issue, not only is the audio level way too loud and crackly, there is also a constant sound like a microphone channel is open giving static background noise. This comes and goes, changing stuff in the windows "Sound" settings (like dis/enabling certain devices randomly) makes it pop up and go away for a while, until it comes back by itself and then goes away again.

Really noone else experiencing issues with this? If so what drivers did you use?

Thanks!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 2:41am
I'm afraid I can't really help. My Z270 Gaming K6 uses the same audio setup as your X370 Gaming K4 (ALC 1220) but I have never had any issues with mine. 
grenrozo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grenrozo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 3:22am
I don't have such a problems. I'm using the same mobo - Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4, connected via SPDIF to external amplifier + 5.1 set.
bios 2.20 

Edited by grenrozo - 09 May 2017 at 3:22am
chainsaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 7:45pm
i also get this problem it only seems to happen when the audio driver shows the Impedance Sensing thing, But its sensing the OHM as 1/2 of what it should be. I have 30 ohm cans and this thing sets them for 15 ohm even when pluged in the back.  good news is that its not on every boot so when i do get the sound working right i just leave the pc on and it does sound great when its working right.
Dogmifier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogmifier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 2:45am
I was on 2.20, didn't hear anything .... on 2.30 now, but can't check the sound...will try later
X99X Fata1ity
16GB Crucial
1200W Corsair
evga GTX 1080
Samsung 950 Pro
Superflu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superflu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Dogmifier Dogmifier wrote:

I was on 2.20, didn't hear anything .... on 2.30 now, but can't check the sound...will try later

After update to 2.20 the sound was choppy or laggy. With 2.30 works fine. Smile
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Superflu Superflu wrote:

After update to 2.20 the sound was choppy or laggy. With 2.30 works fine. Smile

You're at least the second person that has verified that version 2.30 seems to fix the audio issue. Thanks for that! Thumbs Up

MunkeyBalls, I hope you try UEFI version 2.30.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 10:51am

Totally off topic question, I see you seem to have EVGA memory in your Ryzen PC. G.SKILL seems to make the memory for EVGA.

Very curious what model of EVGA memory you're using, and what speed you can run it at.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic