ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi 2.30 BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Taichi 2.30 BIOS
    Posted: 10 May 2017 at 6:54pm
I  just downloaded and installed the new 2.30 BIOS on my X370 Taichi successfully and have the following observation: I have to change the LOAD XMP SETTINGS option from AUTO in order to get the DRAM FREQUENCY configuration option to appear, while with previous BIOS versions, namely 1.60, 2.00 and 2.20, the DRAM FREQUENCY option has always been available.

Why are we now being forced to load an XMP profile in order to gain access to DRAM speed configuration?

I've also just noticed that after updating to the new BIOS I now have the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon available on my taskbar of Window 10 when I have no USB drives attached, with the options to eject each of my attached SATA hard drives. Confused

Edited by TooQik - 10 May 2017 at 7:04pm
Nemesis.ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesis.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 3:04am
Is it still AGESA 1.0.0.4a?

It looks like they have enabled hot plugging for the SATA ports, so there should also be an option in the UEFI to disable that for drives you don't want to hot-plug. Maybe have a look and see if there is?

Thanks!
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 3:58am
AsRock updated the X370 Taichi! Way to go... of course that is not my motherboard .

Well, maybe they'll show some 'luv' to the Fatality X370 Professional Gaming over the next few days. It is nearly identical in layout, but with some important differences.

The new UEFI/Bios update 2.30 for the Taichi and other (AsRock AM4) motherboards may indicate an AMD/ASRock microcode update near the middle of the month of May instead of near the end of the month. Just have to wait and see-

TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Nemesis.ie Nemesis.ie wrote:

Is it still AGESA 1.0.0.4a?

It looks like they have enabled hot plugging for the SATA ports, so there should also be an option in the UEFI to disable that for drives you don't want to hot-plug. Maybe have a look and see if there is?

Thanks!

I believe it is still 1.0.0.4a given that I don't think 1.0.0.5 or 1.0.0.6 have been released yet, maybe next week???

Yes, they've definitely enabled hot swapping for the drives but I couldn't find anything in the BIOS to allow me to enable/disable this feature. It looks like this version defaults to having it enabled while earlier versions defaulted to disabled. If anyone knows specifically where you can control this feature please let me know.

Originally posted by Kevin A Kevin A wrote:

The new UEFI/Bios update 2.30 for the Taichi and other (AsRock AM4) motherboards may indicate an AMD/ASRock microcode update near the middle of the month of May instead of near the end of the month. Just have to wait and see-

Fingers crossed!!! I still can't get my RAM to run higher than 2400 on this version, so I'm hoping the next AGESA release allows some frequency increase even if it's not to my RAM's rated 3200.

It would also be nice to see Asrock include a RAM Command Rate setting in future versions, I think both you and I have mentioned this in other posts.
debaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote debaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 9:16am
1.0.0.4a

Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 10:01am
Originally posted by TooQik TooQik wrote:

Fingers crossed!!! I still can't get my RAM to run higher than 2400 on this version, so I'm hoping the next AGESA release allows some frequency increase even if it's not to my RAM's rated 3200.

It would also be nice to see Asrock include a RAM Command Rate setting in future versions, I think both you and I have mentioned this in other posts.

Yes, I even opened a Technical support ticket hoping that the CR could be not only 'displayed' in the UEFI/Bios but also 'changeable'.

I received a response from john@asrock:

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for contacting ASRock support.
Unfortunately, this setting is not available in the BIOS.

All I can say is, "hmmm..."
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Kevin A Kevin A wrote:

Yes, I even opened a Technical support ticket hoping that the CR could be not only 'displayed' in the UEFI/Bios but also 'changeable'.

I received a response from john@asrock:

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for contacting ASRock support.
Unfortunately, this setting is not available in the BIOS.

All I can say is, "hmmm..."

IIRC ASUS has a BIOS out that allows CR changes. Yet it's my understanding that the CR setting is microcode, so they would apparently be using a new/diff code just relabeled a prior, like, say, 1.0.0.4

But its been AMD that has a tight grip on the CR adjustments. As we've all read most microcode for a while now will begin to address memory issues. Or I should say Ryzens dislike of memory Ouch

Prodif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prodif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 11:13am
wardog
When gather make firmware on the basis of agesa 1.0.0.6? 

ASRock x370 Taichi (bios v2.36) / Ryzen-1800X / Crucial CT16G4DFD824A x2 / GPU: AMD R9 NANO / SSD NVMe Samsung 960 PRO MZ-V6P1T0BW (M.2) / HDD SATA 3TB x6 / PSU: Corsair AX860i
ps. RedDragon, by AG
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Prodif Prodif wrote:

wardog
When gather make firmware on the basis of agesa 1.0.0.6? 

That's above my Moderator Pay Grade.

The 'net has rumors. but that's just rumors.
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

IIRC ASUS has a BIOS out that allows CR changes. Yet it's my understanding that the CR setting is microcode, so they would apparently be using a new/diff code just relabeled a prior, like, say, 1.0.0.4

But its been AMD that has a tight grip on the CR adjustments. As we've all read most microcode for a while now will begin to address memory issues. Or I should say Ryzens dislike of memory Ouch

Yes, I know Intel, AMD and NVidia keep a 'tight grip' on things... Yet their partners find 'work-a-rounds' to achieve things or outright customize what is given by the Chip maker. - to our benefit!(usually)

As for my tech support ticket regarding memory timings, I thought it was a real 'basic' request to not only have the Command Rate displayed but also changeable from 1T to 2T(or reverse). As(not this again.... ) other AM4 manufacturers have been able to accomplish things despite the 'tight grip' of AMD.

So when I received the response that I did from techsupport@asrock I could only say..."hmmm".

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic