ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New AGESA 1.0.0.6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillFleming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 8:46pm
I want to report that on FGP with the new 2.36 beta my F4-3466C16D-32GTZ (2x16 GB, 3466 rated) Gskill now runs at at least 3466 speed. (don't have time to play more until the weekend)
With 2.3 it could only run up to 3232.
cutterjohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cutterjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 10:31pm
2.36 beta BIOS X370 Pro
G.Skill RipjawV F4-3200C16D-32GVK

I HAD them running @ 3200(rated/sold HYNIX dual rank) and it seemed fine however I did not test as I recalled that the BIOS update resets all settings.

So at this point I went back to 'BIOS' and reenabled virtualization and disabled legacy CSM support. Saved a profile, and got the flakiness that we had a few releases back wherein I ended up having to clear CMOS again and start over.  Didn't bother trying to save the profile this time HOWEVER USB was now flaking out on me once I got to the windows desktop.

i.e. keyboard compal model m (USB) would STOP working, unplugged/replugged nothing, tried a quickfire xt, nothing.

So at this point, I went back to UEFI and set memory to 2933 WITH virt OFF, CSM legacy support DISABLED and was able to boot cleanly to windows 10x64pro. Ran 4 iterations of Intel burn test using ALL memory, few runs of cinebench and it didn't crash.  Slept it over night and it woke up in the morning. I sometimes find that waking from sleep will show various instabilities, so I'm pretty happy with all of that.

The memory is running at 1T CR again whereas since 1.93D IIRC it HAD been automagically set to 2T CR.  Also with minimal monkeying(mostly timing relaxation) I was ONLY able to hit 2667 up to 1.93D.  From 2.0-2.30 I was ONLY able to get 2400 stable so those were regressive 'updates' for me.

Hopefully this carries over to threadripper as IMNHO X399 is just a minorly  extended X370 chipset or that's the way it looks to me right now whereas I was HOPING that it was an inhouse AMD chipset like EPYX's is supposed to be.  (Rumor has it that the current 'X'/'B' chipsets were farmed out most likely to ASMEDIA which I can easily believe but have NOT seen verified.  Same rumor indicated that the server chipset was to be done inhouse at AMD...)

This is the MOST MAJOR step in UEFI/AGESA to date for me, but I AM HOPING that the USB flakiness is just part of it being a 'beta' as I am sure that the profile saving flakiness is since it HAS occured in OTHER RELEASES before but was fairly quickly corrected.

Next step when I have time, I also have a 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z kit Samsung, but apparently NOT 'B' die as I couldn't get that over 2667 w/earlier UEFIs as well.
F4-3200C16D-16GTZ

Hopefully I can get 48GB up and running at at least 2993 but won't have time to try probably until Saturday or Sunday or even next week some time...

[EDIT]
techpowerup had a better pic of the zen extreme and it LOOKS like it hase AFAICT 2x4xPCIe slots at least, so that one is not as bad as I had thought on the lower res pics that I saw the other day HOWEVER for SOME reason it was NOT mentioned in the textual desc...

Now I need to look for  better pics of the ASROCK X399 pro, but I'm willing to bet that they're going to all be the same or similar... the Gigabyte explicitly supports ECC and ASROCK as of a month or so back all their R7 boards support ECC so one might hope that their X399 does as well.  Zenith Extreme... we'll see but I suspect that it will as well...

ASROCK has some work to do to compete with the Zenith Extreme... 10Gbps ether card, 802.11ad wifi, and now apparently at least 2x x4 slots -> gearing down 2 of the x14 x16 down to probably x8... ASUS seems to have pulled out ALL of the STOPS on this one... adding in they beat the living crap out of EVERYONE else in BIOS updating unless you waste time sleuthing fsck that FFS!
[/EDIT]

Edited by cutterjohn - 02 Jun 2017 at 11:34am
kirtmys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirtmys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Originally posted by kirtmys kirtmys wrote:

I got x370 Killer SLI and there is not even Agesa .4 for the moment.

why are you lying??? http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370%20Killer%20SLI/index.asp#BIOS
There is 1.0.0.4a AGESA BIOS from 26/04.

They can write whatever on the page , i'm telling you that BIOS from 26.04 changed nothing.
Surprisingly they posted a new BIOS 2.40 with .4 just 2 days after I wrote about it here.
Coincidence ? I dont think so, I can try this version tonight and I will tell you if it has .4 code or not.
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 10:37pm
X370 Killer SLI
L2.46 is equipped with AGESA 1006 (in test)
P2.40 has AGESA 1004a

Edited by J Z - 01 Jun 2017 at 10:38pm
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de
Heyitsaaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heyitsaaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 10:44pm
Meanwhile, the B350 crowd can't even get a beta on any of the boards... yet another manufacturer have 1.0.0.6 on all their boards. In the mean time I'll wait. Patience is wearing thin.

Edited by Heyitsaaron - 01 Jun 2017 at 10:56pm
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Heyitsaaron Heyitsaaron wrote:

Meanwhile, the B350 crowd can't even get a beta on any of the boards... yet another manufacturer have 1.0.0.6 on all their boards. In the mean time I'll wait. Patience is wearing thin.

Hang in there, I'm 'choosing' to wait as well even though an outside source(the very helpful JZ in Germany) has made available some Beta Bios updates.

It will be nice however when AsRock(and competitors) release the full public 1.0.0.6 Update. In the meantime I just keep reading AMD forums/threads on different sites that are Beta testing the update just to familiarize myself with methods and results. Some are just flashing the Beta Bios and feeling 'good enough' with their results to just keep it there for now and moving on.
Heyitsaaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heyitsaaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Kevin A Kevin A wrote:

Originally posted by Heyitsaaron Heyitsaaron wrote:

Hang in there, I'm 'choosing' to wait as well even though an outside source(the very helpful JZ in Germany) has made available some Beta Bios updates.

It will be nice however when AsRock(and competitors) release the full public 1.0.0.6 Update. In the meantime I just keep reading AMD forums/threads on different sites that are Beta testing the update just to familiarize myself with methods and results. Some are just flashing the Beta Bios and feeling 'good enough' with their results to just keep it there for now and moving on.

I feel you. But ASrock should communicate better with the community. Gigabyte straight up posts in their forums and rolled 1006 beta to all boards. We haven't even gotten a roadmap. Trying to stay postive , but also starting to look at other matx mobos on the markets as well now. When I first built, they were the best choice at matx.
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:30pm
Wholeheartedly agree as well as 'understood'!
SoniC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoniC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 2:07am
Originally posted by Kevin A Kevin A wrote:

I feel you. But ASrock should communicate better with the community. Gigabyte straight up posts in their forums and rolled 1006 beta to all boards. We haven't even gotten a roadmap. Trying to stay postive , but also starting to look at other matx mobos on the markets as well now. When I first built, they were the best choice at matx.

AMD stated, that the AGESA 1.0.0.6 will be released across all the mainboards till end of June. Hope the manufacturers stay behind AMD's promise too.

Edited by SoniC - 02 Jun 2017 at 2:08am
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU
Nemesis.ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesis.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 2:10am
*BY* the end of June. So some time between now and then, it could be sooner than the end. It's down to the particular vendor having it ready though so no guarantee it doesn't slip.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>
  Share Topic