ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New AGESA 1.0.0.6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:08pm
now there are no agesa update even for top boaard. Stop panic please. I think we all will receive agesa update. Just have to wait, hope not much :D
Heyitsaaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heyitsaaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:22pm
Just sucks seeing other board manufacturers get updates out quickly. At least give enthusiast a beta. Love the board, but support isn't nearly as nimble as it was on my Asus builds. I can wait, but it just isn't any fun lol.
Nocturnal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Heyitsaaron Heyitsaaron wrote:

I can wait, but it just isn't any fun lol.

Here I agree
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:47pm
After numerous complaints about BIOS versions bricking boards I prefer to see ASRock taking their time. I have seen complaints on all the major manufacturer forums complaining that this or that update broke something, or worse, bricked a board. We have even seen a few instances of that here. 

As exciting as it may be to see improvements to the UEFI and RAM support I for one prefer knowing that when it is released it is safe and stable rather than being a guinea pig with a beta. That's just my opinion though Wink

The updates will come, ASRock have a brilliant UEFI team and no doubt they are making sure all the kinks are out now that there are mostly stable UEFI versions already available.
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:08pm
I'm fine with waiting. I would like to see them unify the Taichi and Killer AC UEFIs so that I can watch the Taichi Youtube videos and have identical options.

For instance, OC Mode is not an option on the Killer. IIRC the voltage settings are also not identical so it makes following guides a bit more difficult.

3200MHz can wait, for me, since the 2900 option works just fine.
SoniC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoniC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 1:55am
Originally posted by AlbinoRhino AlbinoRhino wrote:

I'm fine with waiting. I would like to see them unify the Taichi and Killer AC UEFIs so that I can watch the Taichi Youtube videos and have identical options.

For instance, OC Mode is not an option on the Killer. IIRC the voltage settings are also not identical so it makes following guides a bit more difficult.

3200MHz can wait, for me, since the 2900 option works just fine.

This is what I would also like! I mean there are differences between the boards, but 99,9% of the UEFI (interface) should be the same!
P.S. With the new AGESA 1006 I'm hoping to get at least to 29xx in the 4x RAM Module mode... (G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB Kit here). Currently running in 2667 CL14 mode.
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:24am
guys
just to echo what has been said
at the end of the day
its better for all to have a tested stable bios a few days later than betas or even a week or two

its not killing us is it (unlike bricked boards would)
to be honest to compare to asus is a bit unfair (as they have a world class overclocker writing beta bios for his own agenda as well as asus/rog)
and as for the b350 .guys come on all manufactuers release bios within a few days for all thier board high end or not
to be honest im pretty sure asrock gave out later agesa 1004 for some b350 boards BEFORE the x370 taichi on at least one occasion
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
SoniC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoniC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 3:34am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

to be honest to compare to asus is a bit unfair (as they have a world class overclocker writing beta bios for his own agenda as well as asus/rog)

Well... and what does the "Fatal1ty" name/brand do on our boards mate? 
So... in our case it's just the name/brand but in case of the competition it's a "world class overclocker writing beta bios"?
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 3:50am
Fatal1ty is a pro gamer not an overclocker. ASRock I believe has a deal with Johnathan (Fatal1ty) Wendel that allows them to market the Fatal1ty name, likely provided certain guidelines are followed. Wendel does not work for ASRock. 

Also bare in mind ASRock has 13 AM4 boards listed on their product page, ASUS has only 4. 
SoniC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoniC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:11am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Fatal1ty is a pro gamer not an overclocker. ASRock I believe has a deal with Johnathan (Fatal1ty) Wendel that allows them to market the Fatal1ty name, likely provided certain guidelines are followed. Wendel does not work for ASRock. 

Also bare in mind ASRock has 13 AM4 boards listed on their product page, ASUS has only 4. 

With the first part I can agree.... so it's just branding.... "selling the hype".
But honestly -- I cannot agree with the second part as this is no excuse to me...

I would never allow myself (or my company in that matter) to release too many products that I know I couldn't handle/support. No excuse at all. 
I will wait, as I know ASRock will release a BIOS soon... But to be frank -- they have two of the best AM4 boards and if they could improve... on UEFI side and LAN side (Aquantia neverending issues) these would be the best boards on the market...   

It's a pity and hurts me personally -- as I was waiting just for the x370 Fatal1ty Pro Gamer for over a month (with the RyZEN CPU just laying on my table) because it was not in stock. Nowhere in EU. Virtually checked all the stores in EU. 
I finally received it in mid-April (but I seriously thought about cancelling my order and buying from the competition). I've remained faithfull... barely. But those small quirks doesn't make me feel any better... 

Edited by SoniC - 23 May 2017 at 4:32am
-=SoniC=-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
  Share Topic