ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New AGESA 1.0.0.6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 5:10am
As someone who was unfortunate enough to use the faulty windows bios update when it was released shortly after launch Im just fine with waiting a week or two to make sure they get it right and I dont have to RMA another board. The wait will be worth it.
TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Also bare in mind ASRock has 13 AM4 boards listed on their product page, ASUS has only 4. 

While Asrock technically has 14 AM4 motherboards on the market, there are shared BIOS versions between some of the models, so they really only need to produce and release 8.

I'm as keen as anyone else to get hold of a new BIOS which includes AGESA 1.0.0.6 in the hope of allowing me to get my RAM over its current 2400 hurdle, but I'm all for Asrock spending as much time as they need to ensure a stable release.

I was actually a little disappointed by the last Taichi BIOS release (2.30) due to the way they forced you to set an XMP profile before you could change the RAM speed - a backwards step in my opinion, but in all fairness to Asrock I haven't experienced any major issues with any of their BIOS releases to date, so good work Asrock Clap

Edited by TooQik - 23 May 2017 at 8:01am
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:18am
Oh joy, the 'Bios' story again. Complete with some polarization and views that still shock me.

The fact remains some manufacturers have achieved some highly respectable feats with this new platform since March. Please note that they didn't wait on AMD. They implemented better DDR4 compatibility, correct BCLK usability and a UEFI that doesn't constantly feel like a... well... 'fist fight'. Understandably, each UEFI/Bios still had problems.

It's still a good thing that someday we will get this milestone AGESA update behind us. I am rather skeptical that anything significant will come after that for quite some time, so I am hopeful that this update resolves enough issues so that the consumer can have some confidence in their motherboard purchase. For me that is the AsRock premium AM4 motherboard - the Fatality X370 Professional Gaming.

debaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote debaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:09am
Asrock stills lacks fine grain bclk adjustment, can't do 100.01 100.02 yet, only 100.1 100.2 and so on. At least on the Taichi, don't know if the Proffesional behaves different.

Hope they improve this, the Gigabyte K7 had fine grain bclk.

Edited by debaser - 23 May 2017 at 9:10am
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:35am
Setting XMP on my Killer SLI is still optional. I haven't gotten XMP to work at all.

I just select the MHz from the drop down while leaving XMP off.
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

As someone who was unfortunate enough to use the faulty windows bios update when it was released shortly after launch Im just fine with waiting a week or two to make sure they get it right and I dont have to RMA another board. The wait will be worth it.

I've read everywhere, including here, not to use Windows to update the Bios.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Heyitsaaron Heyitsaaron wrote:

Originally posted by Spawne32 Spawne32 wrote:

Yeh im kinda a bit disappointed that the AB350M Pro4 hasnt seen any new bios updates yet. Don't even have a beta to download and test. Been waiting patiently for some progress on getting my vengeance LPX to boot at the rated speed.

I feel the same. If this is the b350 support, I may have to purchase another manufacturer for my wife's new build. It's disheartening.

So which mother board manufactures have AGESA 1.0.0.6a available in UEFI/BIOS updates for all their AM4 boards? You make it sound like ASRock is the only one that has not done that.

So I thought I'd check for myself. Please feel free to do it yourself and prove me wrong. As of Monday, May 22, 2017 at 9:00PM CDT in the USA:

Asus: Zero AM4 mother board BIOS updates include "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in the description. Many of the latest AM4 versions have the description, "Update AGESA to 1.0.0.4a".

Gigabyte: Zero AM4 mother board BIOS updates
include "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in the description. Most if not all of the latest AM4 BIOS updates have the description "Update CPU AGESA 1004a".

MSI: I gave up after checking eight AM4 boards, their website is clumsy, four X370 and four B350. Nothing about "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in any of the BIOS updates.

Of course we all want to get the AGESA 1.0.0.6a microcode update into our AM4 boards, but don't try to make it look like ASRock is the not doing it while others are. That is just false and wrong.

I would like to ask you, are you complaining to AMD about when AGESA 1.0.06a will be released? I doubt they would give us a date, since some people would expect it to be available from mother board manufactures the next day. That of course is ridiculous.

Reality check time. Guess what is happening at the end of May? The Computex2017 PC show in Taipei, Taiwan. Guess what all the mother board manufactures are doing currently? Getting ready for the Computex2017 PC show.

What else is new? Intel's X299 platform and a few new HEDT processors to go along with it. Are mother board manufactures dealing with that too? Yes they are, we might even see X299 boards at Computex2017.

Mother board manufactures are busy now, very busy. Late 2016 and early 2017 have been tough times for them. The last thing they need is false information about them posted as reality on the Internet.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:44am
Firstadopteritus - Being the first to move and very soon after whining for the next best thing.

Our X370 Taichi had AGESA 1.0.0.4a way back on Apr 6 2017!

ASUSs ROG C6H? Those users didn't get 1.0.0.4a until a week ago on May 15 2017 !

That's 5, FIVE, weeks difference people..............

Edited by wardog - 23 May 2017 at 11:45am
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:51am
Ive read that before as well, but in my history of building pcs(15ish years)Ive never had it brick a motherboard until last month. Got me once, never ever again lol. 
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:23pm
For this update there are some posts appearing on Reddit(queue the horror scream...) and AMD community forums about many achieving success with higher DDR4 speeds. Even though these are 'unconfirmed posts' I now have been to several that appear to be finding:

1.35v to 1.47v VRAM is common.
1.1 to 1.2 SOC is common.
53.3ohms to 96ohms ProcODT is common(I believe 53.3 is standard/auto)
...also one or two more changes have been made for successful results.

Another 'surprising' thing is the timings allow superior options - no complaints here!!

- Of course all of the posts I read were on motherboards that were not mine!!! Still a positive turn of results for those allowed to beta test this update... again if these posts are to be believed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
  Share Topic