ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New AGESA 1.0.0.6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:19pm
as i mentioned before
asus have plenty of bios releases...................

these mainly being beta bios released by elmor (who is sharing with the ROG community) he has his own intrests AS WELL as sharing findings with the rog guys
if you read through the history of the crosshair am4 bios history it would make you a bit more inclined to WAIT for proper manufacture approve final releases
the crosshair board was and is more relevant to guys pushing testing and often having bad issues as a result including bricking boards, killing ram sticks unstable volts into cpu mis reported temps and volts and a whole host of other issues

i ask you guys one thing

who among you wants to be a test subject and risk a dead board ,dead ram, dead hard drive or dead cpu just to be one of the first to say hey i overclocked my ram over 3200 on an asrock board

ive been following and reading a lot of posts from you guys 'real users' and some of the issues you have
what is common (not everyone but common) is the usual hey i bought the cheapest ram i could find (despite widespread internet gossip to try and select samsung b die ram for best results) and i cant get it to overclock to the roof and back ,then slate AMD/board makers/the world for lack of the very best result ..............

seriously !  chill out
the bios will get released when its ready ,we can then apply it
in the background we have ppl writing bios ,testing bios ,learning lessons from the code good or bad and at the same time the framework they write for this bios will in some way have to be suitable for the forthcoming release of future bios for threadripper etc (so they have the groundwork for the threadripper owners early bios updates)
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
debaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote debaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:22pm
Asus has bios flashback feature so not too risky to flash a beta bios for testing. I don't know why Asrock doesn't offer such a feature like that.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by debaser debaser wrote:

Asus has bios flashback feature so not too risky to flash a beta bios for testing. I don't know why Asrock doesn't offer such a feature like that.

i would tend to agree partly here with you
asus has flashback ON SOME motherboards the crosshair being one (allthough there was one bios that would still brick it ,and be unable to use the flashback usb device)
gigabyte has dual bios
msi used to have something called M bios or something (it was similar to the crosshair flashback via usb) im not sure am4 msi still has it

so yes if i were to give any feedback about the asrock taichi it would be to suggest a form of bios recovery on a £230 ($230ish) mainboard, other than that im happy with the taichi
(of course im one of the lucky ones to have my ram working at full 3200 from day one,and locked in a 1700 overclock to 3.9 within minutes) but hell did i do a lot of pre-planning with what ram to buy and read lots of reviews on the taichi before i choose that

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

Ive read that before as well, but in my history of building pcs(15ish years)Ive never had it brick a motherboard until last month. Got me once, never ever again lol. 

It's a shame that happened to you, but you know that bricked AM4 boards have happened to at least one other mother board manufacture (MSI), right?

So how can you guarantee to yourself that will never happen again?
chainsaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:48pm
hope this solved the Ram issues. Still on the fence tho, many of the other brands got the Common high speed ram running at rated speeds without 1.0.0.6. so i feel their is more to the ram then just AGESA.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

Ive read that before as well, but in my history of building pcs(15ish years)Ive never had it brick a motherboard until last month. Got me once, never ever again lol. 

It's a shame that happened to you, but you know that bricked AM4 boards have happened to at least one other mother board manufacture (MSI), right?

So how can you guarantee to yourself that will never happen again?

i think he means he WONT flash under windows again mate

x370 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:24pm

Asus: Zero AM4 mother board BIOS updates include "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in the description. Many of the latest AM4 versions have the description, "Update AGESA to 1.0.0.4a".

Gigabyte: Zero AM4 mother board BIOS updates
include "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in the description. Most if not all of the latest AM4 BIOS updates have the description "Update CPU AGESA 1004a".

MSI: I gave up after checking eight AM4 boards, their website is clumsy, four X370 and four B350. Nothing about "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in any of the BIOS updates.
The beta bios with AGESA 1.0.0.6a is available both for Asus Crosshair Hero and MSI, it's on their forums.

Just saying.

And I've read the feedback for Asus CH beta bios and haven't seen anything about bricked boards. I've seen a lot of happy overclockers with their ram working at its rated speeds finally. 

The Taichi costs more than the top Asus board. I hope we don't have to wait month extra on the new bios.
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 12:55am
Originally posted by x370 x370 wrote:

Asus: Zero AM4 mother board BIOS updates include "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in the description. Many of the latest AM4 versions have the description, "<span id="mainzone_Download2_Repeater2_Repeater3_2_unit1_0_span_deion_0">Update AGESA to 1.0.0.4a".

Gigabyte: Zero AM4 mother board BIOS updates </span>include "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in the description. Most if not all of the latest AM4 BIOS updates have the description "Update CPU AGESA 1004a".

MSI: I gave up after checking eight AM4 boards, their website is clumsy, four X370 and four B350. Nothing about "AGESA 1.0.0.6a" in any of the BIOS updates.
The beta bios with AGESA 1.0.0.6a is available both for Asus Crosshair Hero and MSI, it's on their forums.

Just saying.

And I've read the feedback for Asus CH beta bios and haven't seen anything about bricked boards. I've seen a lot of happy overclockers with their ram working at its rated speeds finally.?

The Taichi costs more than the top Asus board. I hope we don't have to wait month extra on the new bios.

I personally wouldn't run a Beta Bios on my board (Killer SLI A/C), but would like to see the option for others.

Most people just want to overclock their Ram to its highest OC setting, but I don't think they understand how important this is for Ryzen. The Infinity Fabric is directly tied to Ram speeds so that is my personal reason for wanting to see the new update.

As it stands right now my system is blazingly fast, chews through games like there's no tomorrow, and anything work related on the desktop is snappy.

I'm coming over from a MBP so obviously my case might be different than others that have been using desktops since forever and a day.
SoniC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoniC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 2:32am
Originally posted by AlbinoRhino AlbinoRhino wrote:

[QUOTE=x370] 
[...] but I don't think they understand how important this is for Ryzen. The Infinity Fabric is directly tied to Ram speeds so that is my personal reason for wanting to see the new update.[...]

I actually think everyone does.... this has been said countless times in many forums and many benchmarks... Probably that is why everyone runs like crazy waiting for the new AGESA that _ should _ up the OC potential / compatibility with most of the RAM sticks...
I also have high hopes that my quad kit will run @ at least 29xx (3000) speed.
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU
debaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 2:33am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

Originally posted by debaser debaser wrote:

i would tend to agree partly here with you
asus has flashback ON SOME motherboards the crosshair being one (allthough there was one bios that would still brick it ,and be unable to use the flashback usb device)
gigabyte has dual bios
msi used to have something called M bios or something (it was similar to the crosshair flashback via usb) im not sure am4 msi still has it

so yes if i were to give any feedback about the asrock taichi it would be to suggest a form of bios recovery on a £230 ($230ish) mainboard, other than that im happy with the taichi
(of course im one of the lucky ones to have my ram working at full 3200 from day one,and locked in a 1700 overclock to 3.9 within minutes) but hell did i do a lot of pre-planning with what ram to buy and read lots of reviews on the taichi before i choose that

I'm a happy Taichi owner too, and my ram also runs at 3200 cl14 no problem. It would be great to have a bios recovery option in case of corruption or bricking, just as other manufacturers have. Just saying.

Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>
  Share Topic