ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New AGESA 1.0.0.6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 22>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:32am
That's why a bios flashback or similar system would have come in handy.

Guess we'll have to wait for final releases while other manufactrurers let their customers try these new options.
mosawo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mosawo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 5:41am
Originally posted by debaser debaser wrote:

That's why a bios flashback or similar system would have come in handy.

Guess we'll have to wait for final releases while other manufactrurers let their customers try these new options.

I agree with you.
It's not so far, just a little patience.Wink
Nejaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nejaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:18am
Originally posted by SoniC SoniC wrote:

Originally posted by Nejaa Nejaa wrote:

Originally posted by AlbinoRhino AlbinoRhino wrote:

I can't put the blame on AMD for the cooler bracket. My cooler shipped with one in the box. Noctua U12S.

That's because AMD setup a specific partnership with Noctua.  Notice that Corsair, Thermaltake, NZXT, Cooler Master (all much bigger names that Noctua) all had to ship brackets after launch.  None of them had launch-ready products.

The Socket layout and the exact placement of the mounting-holes was known well before the launch.
Does AMD really need to be in a partnership with everyone so they will start shipping/supporting their products _ the right way _ ? 

Of course a specific partnership isn't needed, just sharing basic information.  As you noted, layout and placement of the holes are important.  What about mounting height? Min/Max screw/back-plate/bracket tension? Min/max pressure on the socket/CPU? I have no idea what info is required to design and manufacture a socket bracket, but I'm confident it is more than just socket layout and placement of the mounting holes.

I absolutely believe that if AMD had simply shared more information about AM4 mounting requirements earlier, more manufacturers would have ready. We will never how much information was actually shared because no one will say anything.

It is also possible that as part of the Noctua partnership, AMD was required to withhold that information until a specific date, thus making Noctua the only option at launch.  This type of business deal is fairly common.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:41am
and for those who cannot wait

heres a link to latest taichi beta as linked on overclockers uk (including agesa 1006)

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-asrock-thread-support-feedback-etc.18760683/page-28

I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS YET
IT IS A BETA
I AM PROVIDING A LINK FROM A GUY WE TRUST

USE AT OWN RISK OR WAIT FOR ASROCK TO FINAL RELEASE IT
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
debaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:46am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

and for those who cannot wait

heres a link to latest taichi beta as linked on overclockers uk (including agesa 1006)

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-asrock-thread-support-feedback-etc.18760683/page-28

I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS YET
IT IS A BETA
I AM PROVIDING A LINK FROM A GUY WE TRUST

USE AT OWN RISK OR WAIT FOR ASROCK TO FINAL RELEASE IT

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, will try it!
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:50am
no problem mate
but i like to wait a day or two myself to see some reviews
one guy has just replied hes unstable at 3200 still.........

one other thing ive noticed is ................

its a bloody big bios file ! 16mb

Edited by datonyb - 27 May 2017 at 6:52am
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:09am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

no problem mate
but i like to wait a day or two myself to see some reviews
one guy has just replied hes unstable at 3200 still.........

one other thing ive noticed is ................

its a bloody big bios file ! 16mb

It must be a non-compressed file if it is 16MB.

Any uncompressed Instant Flash UEFI update file for the X370 Taichi is 16,384 KB.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:17am
Originally posted by SoniC SoniC wrote:

Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Well what do you know, AMD just announced the release of AGESA update 1.0.0.6 and AMD said UEFI/BIOS updates should appear halfway through the month of June:

https://www.techpowerup.com/233730/amd-announces-agesa-update-1-0-0-6-supports-up-to-4000-mhz-memory-clocks

Looks like up to 26 new memory parameters for Ryzen, and increased memory speed potential. I'm sure it will take a while to add, test, and verify all of it.

That's nothing new and was posted a day ago here --- this is the main source:

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming
https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/05/25/community-update-4-lets-talk-dram

That's not the point, but enjoy! LOL

The point is how could mother board manufactures be providing UEFI/BIOS updates weeks ago containing AGESA 1.0.0.6 if it was just officially released by AMD.
debaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote debaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:59am
BIOS works fine, I have to fine adjust it to get 3600 stable, tried staright away and got a blue screen crash. 3466 works flawlessly though

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:55am
Originally posted by debaser debaser wrote:

BIOS works fine, I have to fine adjust it to get 3600 stable, tried staright away and got a blue screen crash. 3466 works flawlessly though

That looks awesome.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 22>
  Share Topic