ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 Gaming K4 Error Codes 0d and AE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 11:20am
Yes, that seems odd to me as well.

Unless the generic Windows (version unknown) video driver is unable to work with an RX 580 correctly.
S3arch1ng_13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote S3arch1ng_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 5:10pm
Hi all, my first post...

I had the same error (0d) problem with my Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming.

Short story (chronology):
1. After first power on (all defaults) I couldn't get to the BIOS trough F2 or Del - got 0d error.
2. Swapped RAM positions (first I tried with 2 stick A2-B2, then i tried 1 stick diff. position etc.), removed PCIE Asus Xonar DX, removed usb keyboard, removed Samsung EVO 960 etc. - I couldn't get to the BIOS when I hit F2 or Del - got 0d error.
3. Then after some CCMOS and numerous restarts I manage to enter the BIOS - For the first time I saw that screen with logo and "Press F2 or Del to enter the BIOS etc." text in the bottom right corner and after F2 I entered to the BIOS with no 0d error. - BIOS was 1.5 - I've made an update to 2.3 - restarted pc and installed windows 10 pro trough external USB CD device.
4. Win 10 installation went all ok - then I wanted to change mem speed and turn off onboard audio - After F2/Del during post, I've got error 06 all the time, tried various hardware setup (without BIOS change since I couldn't get to the BIOS) - nothing changed, every time 0d error.
5. Than I figured out that I can normally restart/power on to the Windows if I don't press F2/Del during post - no errors, Windows 10 working with no problems.
6. After that I figured out that I can't go to the BIOS if I don't see that "screen with logo and "Press F2 or Del to enter the BIOS etc." because every time I F2 or Del during the POST, it resulted with 0d error. - After that I tried to change my USB keyboard again with PS2 because I found that the 0d error pattern was obviously related to pressing F2 or Del and not showing the screen with logo and "Press F2 or Del to enter the BIOS etc. info in bottom right corner", but nothing changed - got 0d error, also with PS keyboard.
7. I found this post and found that some of you had problems with HDMI cable, so I tried to chance my mini DP-DP cable with DVI cable and guess what, everything is ok now - now I see logo screen with how to enter BIOS info and all and if I F2/Del, I can normally enter the BIOS, RAM is working on 3200 with any issues etc.

SOLUTION
So after numerous tries/changes to enter the BIOS and skip the 0d error SOLUTION for me was to change miniDP-DP cable with DVI-DVI cable on my Radeon R9 280X GPU.

PC:
MBO: Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming
CPU: Ryzen r7 1700 under Corsair H100i
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3600MHz (F4-3600C16D-16GVK, 8Gb Samsung B-Die, Single)
GPU: XFX R9 280X
SSD:Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, PCIe, M.2, SSD
PSU: Seasonic 750W PRIME Titanium
Sond: Asus Xonar DX
External Asus CD USB device.

Edited by S3arch1ng_13 - 31 May 2017 at 5:14pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 5:37pm
Thanks for sharing your workaround S3arch1ng_13. Out of curiosity, once the drivers are properly installed can you use the DP-DP cable or does it still flag the 0d error?
S3arch1ng_13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S3arch1ng_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Thanks for sharing your workaround S3arch1ng_13. Out of curiosity, once the drivers are properly installed can you use the DP-DP cable or does it still flag the 0d error?

Np. Xaltar and thx.

It is still on DVI cable, but I'll try mini DP-DP after the work. 
So-far I only installed AMD chipset drivers and AMD Ryzen master to see If I can handle CPU and RAM from Windows/Master because I couldn't enter the BIOS. 

You mean GPU drivers and all other devices drivers (Asus Xonar DX etc.) or any other specific drivers? 

But I can't see how drivers (for GPU and other devices) in Windows will help to enter the BIOS during the POST. As I mentioned, I could use mini DP-DP cable when logged to Windows without any problems. I just couldn't get to the BIOS when F2/Del during the POST (resulting with 0d error code) with mini DP-DP cable.

I'll check that and report, thx.

whitesnake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

excellent
thanks for taking time to post the resolution to problem to hekp others

allthough i must admit when i first built mine the rx480 didnt need extra driver on install to show signal to hdmi monitor

maybe your window boot  versions didnt know about the new rx580 ?

I   apologize for replying late, had couple busy   days. Honestly I do not know about Windows10 and it's familiarity with RX580, but I  doubt  OS is the issue because I  could not  even boot into BIOS while  using HDMI-HDMI connection.

I would like to add that I still get some codes but PC runs  fine for now. At first I got error code 24, could  not find much  info about  it, installed some ASROCK drivers and  now I  am  getting error code 40 but nonetheless PC runs smoothly. I  still did not upgrade BIOS to latest version  because I  have fear  that things  will  go crazy again...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic