ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGESA 1.0.0.6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 21>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdhardware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 3:51pm
Similar experience with myself.
3200 unstable even relaxing the timings on the g-skill trident 3200 rbg ram, basically
the same ram as yours with xmas tree decorations.

3066 stable, 30 runs of cinebench and hours of gaming on Mass effect

1.4v needed

1.17v soc

Frequency
1529.7 MHz - Ratio 3:46
Timings
14-14-14-34-48-1 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCS-tCR)
Slot #1 Module
G.Skill 8192 MB (DDR4-2137) - XMP 2.0 - P/N: F4-3200C14-8GTZR

Dogmifier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogmifier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by oile oile wrote:

The taichi 2.40 (1.0.0.6) bios is a complete mess. Asrock probably rushed it out to be firsts, but they did a complete mess.

Really?

ASRock is wholly dependent on AMD for AGESA releases.

At least, IMHO, they did release one with 1.0.0.6.

Post like this proves you can please some of the people some of the time, but by no means all the people all the time.

Well, it's always the manufacturer of the motherboard and not the manufacturer of the Chipsets/CPU that's at fault.....

Come now wardog ;)

Anyway...I can still hit 2933 on my Gaming K4, so no worse than before, but no better...I am not reverting..I see no point, since I still get what I got before.

Then again, if you look at the specs on this motherboard, it clearly states that 2933MHz is the max memory will do  ...so if I ever get my 3200MHz to do 3200MHz, I'll consider myself lucky!

Edited by Dogmifier - 13 Jun 2017 at 7:04pm
X99X Fata1ity
16GB Crucial
1200W Corsair
evga GTX 1080
Samsung 950 Pro
Kirurgs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirurgs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Dogmifier Dogmifier wrote:

Then again, if you look at the specs on this motherboard, it clearly states that 2933MHz is the max memory will do  ...so if I ever get my 3200MHz to do 3200MHz, I'll consider myself lucky!

This, "DDR4 2933+ (OC)" or "DDR4 3200+ (OC)" - the plus sign... It seems to me that it' considered as "or more", but max supported OC speed is the one stated. Otherwise why put a "plus" sign at the end, right...
Ok, we are still not there, getting closer, but by this I mean that number should not be a hard limit for everyone :) There are reports of Taichi owners which got their memory to 3400 or more while on spec sheet it clearly states - 3200 +, so...
I hope I'm not wrong and will get my 3200 up to rated speed some day :) Currently 2800 seem to work for me since 1.0.0.6 (Gaming K4).

mgilbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 9:58pm
Like many others, 1.0.0.6 didn't change a thing for my X370 Gaming K4.  Still at 3.8 GHz on the CPU, and 2,933 MHz on my Corsair 3,600 MHz RAM.  I had at least hoped for an improvement in RAM speed, but at least I didn't lose anything.
oile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 10:01pm

Originally posted by oile oile wrote:

The taichi 2.40 (1.0.0.6) bios is a complete mess. Asrock probably rushed it out to be firsts, but they did a complete mess.

Really?

ASRock is wholly dependent on AMD for AGESA releases.

At least, IMHO, they did release one with 1.0.0.6.

Post like this proves you can please some of the people some of the time, but by no means all the people all the time.

I agree with you in the last part.
They did release one with 1.0.0.6 and that's a good thing. 
And yes, for some people with Samsung B-Die and even D-Die works even better than 1.0.0.4 !

But Asrock can't really worsen what was running good on 2.30 1.0.0.4 instead it seems so in my Hynix system and in many others (look over forum threads on the net)

IMHO it could have been better to call this 2.40 for what it is, a beta.

And release a final "STABLE" version only when this was sorted out and properly tested.
IMHO it just lacked a deep base of testing, and it was like this also on the pre-2.30 bios wich was clearly not tested because settings just reverted itself oddly at every change trying to OC.

AMD Ryzen has its "youth" problems. But ASrock has its own too

R5 1600 3.9 1.32v-Taichi-16gb LPX-1060-TT850w
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:03am
AGESA 1.0.0.6 is an all or nothing addition. ASRock is not writing the code for it so they can't just snip the best of 1.0.0.4 and hybridize the 2 to create the perfect UEFI. What 1.0.0.6 fixes for some it breaks for others. If we could just take the best bits of the bunch (AGESA versions) then maybe we would have a stable UEFI for everyone by now but we have to wait for AMD to gather the data and release the next iteration. 

ASRock is working hard to fix these issues but they can only do so much, most of the issues stem from the AGESA code itself. If this were not the case we would not be seeing such massive changes from one version to the next. 

I guess we all just have to be patient and stick with whatever UEFI version works best for us.
oile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 6:26am
You're right. 

Let's hope in a fast fix from AMD
R5 1600 3.9 1.32v-Taichi-16gb LPX-1060-TT850w
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 3:15pm

Well, it's always the manufacturer of the motherboard and not the manufacturer of the Chipsets/CPU that's at fault.....

Come now wardog ;)

Tongue

I call out ASRock to the mat when they've pulled a boner. They haven't taken away my Moderator status. Yet! Na. I have, and been belligerent while doing so too. There's not not much Gray Area that I let slide silently.

Most of these are mere growing pains with Ryzen. AMD has made us Guinea Pigs in their rush to quash Intel. It's that some of us have more patience than others and I'm ok with that. Yea, it's hard to sit here and read some posts some days. Most, most not all, of these User/BIOS/Memory issues need fixes from the top, that being AMD.

Denroth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 5:35pm

Come now wardog ;)

Tongue

I call out ASRock to the mat when they've pulled a boner. They haven't taken away my Moderator status. Yet! Na. I have, and been belligerent while doing so too. There's not not much Gray Area that I let slide silently.

Most of these are mere growing pains with Ryzen. AMD has made us Guinea Pigs in their rush to quash Intel. It's that some of us have more patience than others and I'm ok with that. Yea, it's hard to sit here and read some posts some days. Most, most not all, of these User/BIOS/Memory issues need fixes from the top, that being AMD.

Some news with the oc of ram?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Denroth Denroth wrote:

Some news with the oc of ram?

CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 on my SLI/ac with the released/downloadable BIOS 2.50(1.0.0.6)

Running 3600 @ 1.35vDIMM, 18-19-19-39 !

A couple BIOS "tweaks' .

How you doing there? Whad'ya say to starting a separate SLI/AC Thread?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 21>
  Share Topic