ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGESA 1.0.0.6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 5:04pm
The UEFI on all AM4 boards is still under development, both by AMD and manufacturers. Rest assured, whatever issues AGESA 1.0.0.6 has will likely be ironed out, either by AMD or by manufacturers. We will either see a 1.0.0.7 or a vendor level fix. I don't have any details other than it is being worked on by ASRock and AMD both. It will, like all things, take time. Bare in mind however that AMD is not like intel, the AM4 platform will likely be compatible with several processor generations. This means that your board will serve you for quite some time to come Wink
oile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

The UEFI on all AM4 boards is still under development, both by AMD and manufacturers. Rest assured, whatever issues AGESA 1.0.0.6 has will likely be ironed out, either by AMD or by manufacturers. We will either see a 1.0.0.7 or a vendor level fix. I don't have any details other than it is being worked on by ASRock and AMD both. It will, like all things, take time. Bare in mind however that AMD is not like intel, the AM4 platform will likely be compatible with several processor generations. This means that your board will serve you for quite some time to come Wink

That's why I ditched Intel after so many years in favour of AMD. And that's also why I've been spending time writing about my feedback :)
Thank you
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 7:15pm
I have always loved that about AMD too. Finally there is a competitive architecture from AMD again Thumbs Up 

I am looking forward to Zen APUs, that should be interesting.
Heuvanek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heuvanek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 5:51pm
I was not really loving AMD, I was only buying some APU for my family.

I was only with intel for my PCs. But Motherboard troubles (I get 4 motherboard for my 2600K, at the end, i was tired), and the joke by intel on the consummers to not do nothing during 6 years convince me to try AMD. (whearas price were explosing)

Else, thanks you for your answer Xaltar.

PS : sry for my bad english not native, i do what i can ^^

Edited by Heuvanek - 04 Jun 2017 at 5:52pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 12:14am
Originally posted by oile oile wrote:

Regarding SPD, I was beginning to think about buying Thaiphoon to do the same you thought. Writing proper manual timings on a separate profile.
The point is that I don't have an Intel platform to actually verify what the sticks are capable of to be sure the custom-xmp would work properly on the best case scenario, but most importantly, based on what I've seen in these betas, It would have been simply not worth the hassle.

You don't verify what they'll do on an Intel system. Why would you????????

It is painstakingly done on the system they are to run on. Verify on the Ryzen system you have.

It's slow arduous and tedius. With you becoming very VERY familiar with reaching for the Reset switch, and clearing the CMOS
eldragon0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eldragon0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 11:29pm
EDIT: 

Looks like 2.34 and 2.36 are floating around the Forums here with 1.0.0.6 for Taichi. Guess I have some fun to do tonight :D 

Edited by eldragon0 - 06 Jun 2017 at 12:29am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 12:01am
I will be testing L2.34 on my Taichi once I have my system built. I will backup and upload it if anyone wants it. It will be a few days though, I am waiting on a few parts still.
Spawne32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spawne32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 5:23am
I assume no beta bios for the AB350M Pro4? My only other beef with that board is the fact that you cannot edit LLC (load line control) assuming it has it, which it seems like it does. And SOC voltage cannot be changed and it appears that the second system fan header has no control as well. I assume it defaults to the settings system fan 1 uses but I cannot verify.
PinetreeRoad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PinetreeRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 7:32am
Can someone tell me where I can report BIOS bugs? I have been testing the beta BIOS for the x370 Pro Gaming L2.36, and it still has the exact same RAM OC bug that the latest stable BIOS has L2.30.

It would be nice if I can report this now before Asrock finalizes the BIOS, because this bug makes memory overclocking a real pain. I almost RMA'd my board because I though it was broken until this bug was pointed out to me in an overclocking video somewhere. IIRC that guy was on a 1.xx version of the Taichi BIOS so this bug has been around for a while.

I'm also going to post the bug here so that people on the forum and googling around can find this and be aware of this issue. This bug is present on the latest stable BIOS and the latest beta BIOS. This bug effects the X370 Pro Gaming and the x370 Taichi IIRC.

When memory overclocking, if you choose any speed or setting that is unstable and will not pass post. You MUST clear CMOS to apply ANY memory settings or it will never pass post outside of the default memory speeds (in my case DDR4 2400). Even if you apply memory settings that you know for a fact are stable, and have passed post before. It will never pass post until you clear CMOS after failing post during the retries.

For example: You set 3600MHz as your memory speed, it doesn't pass post. After the retries it resets back to default. Go right into the BIOS when it boots up after the retries. You enable the XMP profile, you will still not pass post ever. Even if you have booted with the XMP profile before. The board just gets stuck in this loop until you clear CMOS or reset to default settings in the BIOS and reboot without changing anything.

If requested I can record a short video showing this, incase this doesn't make sense. It was a bit difficult for me to articulate this issue.

As you can imagine this makes memory overclocking a serious pain in the ass. As I found out last night.

Hopefully we can get this fixed soon.
Denroth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 6:10pm
@wardog a question

Your platform (I have the same motherboard + r7 1700 and ram gskill ripjaws b-die 3200mhz cl15)
X370 Killer SLI / AC, 1500X, H115i, CMK16GX4M2B3600C18

which frequency keep your ram? you manage to bring them to 3200mhz?

On my platform are unstable even with 1.4v 16-16-16-36

Edited by Denroth - 06 Jun 2017 at 6:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
  Share Topic