ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Gaming K4 - new BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.6&a

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ottesen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 3:14pm
thanks for the answer but as i wrote the bios fan control issue has been fixed.

the problem with f stream is that if i set the lowest fan speed to 40% at 30c and the next step 60% speed at 35c and so forth, it will never change from that 40% speed even if the cpu is running at 65c+

and i am using hwinfo64 overlay in all games, hwinfo is showing Tdie temp

i do know that the temp readings are different all over the mobo. as im writing this hwinfo say 39c but the dr debug reading thats set to show temp is only showing 30c

But anyway thanks for fixing my bios issue Asrock. now i have no need for f stream :P
1+1=4 in my world and dont try to say otherwise
andreimicutz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreimicutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 9:48pm
This chipset seems to be a pain in the xxx...

I have 6 x asrock motherboards, this model and 6 x corsair vengeance lpx 2x4gb.

Bought 1 kit - everything perfect with bios 2.40. Decided to buy the other 5, every one had errors. After a while even the first one couldn't handle 2933MHz.

So I kept them all @ 2666 Mhz under BIOS 2.40.
Tried every BIOS version that appeared, including 3.30.

Could only manage to do one kit @2933, one that had Samsung chipset memory, E-die. (corsair lpx v4=samsung, v5=hynix) and only on BIOS 3.00 (didn't try on latest).

Also bought a G.Skill 3200Mhz CL16 RIPJAWS V, Samsung chipset, D-die this time. On 2.40 it doesn't work. On 3.00 and 3.30 I can go to 2933 without errors.

Problem is I am using WIN 7 x64 and on both working Corsair and G.Skill I can only enter safe mode, but not in normal windows. Turning computer on with a WIN 10 x64 works perfectly on both (also with OCCT and Prime95 blend test). Weird? Or am I missing something?

On 2.40 I can enter windows but the ram speeds are 2666. On 3.00 and 3.30 I can go to 2933 but not in windows. Also lowering to 2133 doesn't get me into windows using 3.00 and 3.30.

Yes, I did reset cmos after every bios version update.

As an extra note, bought 1 Asus Crosshair VI Hero  and Corsair worked 2933 with XMP settings and could also enter windows.

So what's wrong with versions like 3.00 and 3.30 that keeps me out of windows? I get a bsod with pci.sys .

Suggestions?

ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:06pm
Not sure about Win7x64 for this platform, but I'd assume you have to preload the chipset drivers for it to function properly.
andreimicutz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreimicutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:19pm
I didn't change the motherboard or components, only the BIOS. On 2.40 it enters windows with 2666 mhz, on 2.50 or newer it doesn't enter windows at any ram speed.
ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:24pm
Yikes, that's crazy.

In the BIOS releases there is a note about a Windows update after 3.00.

It's so vague.  Maybe related?

Have you looked for some kind of possible Windows update to accompany the BIOS update?

Sounds silly, but there's a note about it.  Could be something.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Ottesen87 Ottesen87 wrote:

thanks for the answer but as i wrote the bios fan control issue has been fixed.

the problem with f stream is that if i set the lowest fan speed to 40% at 30c and the next step 60% speed at 35c and so forth, it will never change from that 40% speed even if the cpu is running at 65c+

and i am using hwinfo64 overlay in all games, hwinfo is showing Tdie temp

i do know that the temp readings are different all over the mobo. as im writing this hwinfo say 39c but the dr debug reading thats set to show temp is only showing 30c

But anyway thanks for fixing my bios issue Asrock. now i have no need for f stream :P

You seem to have missed my point about the which CPU temperature is used for fan speed control. The CPU temperature used by F-Stream is not Tdie or Tctrl. It is what I called the third CPU temperature, which we can call the F-Stream temperature, also shown on the Dr Debug display.

The 65° C+ temperature is shown in HWiNFO, right?

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by ShampooCA ShampooCA wrote:

Yikes, that's crazy.

Have you looked for some kind of possible Windows update to accompany the BIOS update?

The note about a Windows update after version 3.00 means there is a UEFI/BIOS update method that runs in Windows, besides the Instant Flash version.

ShampooCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShampooCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by ShampooCA ShampooCA wrote:

Yikes, that's crazy.

The note about a Windows update after version 3.00 means there is a UEFI/BIOS update method that runs in Windows, besides the Instant Flash version.

Thanks for the clarification.  

They need to spend the $5 on a translator, really they do. Hory shiet.
EddoWagt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EddoWagt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:41pm
Any tips on getting higher ram clocks? I can get my corsair vengeance lpx 3000MHz (hynix chips I believe) to run at 2933MHz stable on the latest BIOS. (I think, haven't tested it that much but I can render in Blender without crashes.) But whenever I try 3066MHz it just doesn't boot, I tried loosening the timings, increasing voltages and messed with the ProcODT setting, none of it made any difference. Any things I can try?
nangu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nangu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by EddoWagt EddoWagt wrote:

Any tips on getting higher ram clocks? I can get my corsair vengeance lpx 3000MHz (hynix chips I believe) to run at 2933MHz stable on the latest BIOS. (I think, haven't tested it that much but I can render in Blender without crashes.) But whenever I try 3066MHz it just doesn't boot, I tried loosening the timings, increasing voltages and messed with the ProcODT setting, none of it made any difference. Any things I can try?

Hi,

I'm affraid it's not possible on this board, at least with Hynix and current AGESA :-(

I managed to get 3066 working and stable, but only with relaxed timings and cold boot issues, so it's better to leave @2933 at semi tight timings. No performance difference in my tests.

My settings for 3066 were:

DDR voltage 1.40v
SoC voltage 1.1v
Main Timings 16-18-18-18-38-58, tRfc 560, Geardown disabled, 2T, ProcODT 60 Ohm

Procedure:

- Set UEFI defaults, save and reboot to UEFI
- Set Memory XMP, select @2666 strap, save and reboot to UEFI
- Set voltages, timings, etc, save and reboot to UEFI
- Set @2933 strap, save and reboot to UEFI
- Set @3066 strap, save and reboot

You will have several F9 codes, leave memory training on AUTO and may be increase the training process from default 3 to 5 or 7.

I don't know if anybody had more luck with Samsung B-Die on this board.

Good luck!

Edited by nangu - 13 Oct 2017 at 10:53pm
R7 1700 @3.90 1.25v - GSkill TridentZ 3200c16 Hynix MFR @2933 14-16-16-32 - Fatal1ty Gaming X370 K4 - Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 - WD 256 Black M2 Nvme as Windows 10 boot drive - EVGA Gold 650W
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
  Share Topic