ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X370 Killer Sli/ac - BIOS help No LLC settings?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Killer Sli/ac - BIOS help No LLC settings?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:22am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by T3chHippie T3chHippie wrote:

You DIDN'T get yours from Newegg? Then that's likely my problem because I DID and mines a "Newegg Exclusive" so I'm wondering if maybe it's a different board or something....

The NewEgg Exclusive was that they had the "privilege' of offering the SLI/ac first. We have the same boards. They come from overseas as a perk to us Mods.

What's the Date and Size on Disk of the .50 file you're flashing with?

Mine
X370KLA2.50
Dated 06/09/2017 2:35PM
16.777,216 bytes

Man, well I'm totally stumped. 

X370KLA2.50
6/9/17 2:35PM
Exact same size, 16,777,216 bytes. 

I had another user on Reddit tell me they also don't have LLC settings, said something about "The new ones" I'm not sure if he meant new BIOS' or new Boards. 
If I say I know what I'm doing, will you believe me?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:15pm
I'm almost out of ideas myself, very strange. It doesn't seem to be that way because you are using a Ryzen 5 processor, since wardog also uses a Ryzen 5 and said he has the LLC options.

I know you've flashed the UEFI several times, which does most of what I will suggest, but you might as well try doing a full UEFI/BIOS NVRAM reset. Remove the board's battery, and use the CLR CMOS jumper, in the clear position, at the same time. Keep the battery out for at least ten minutes to allow any power from capacitors to discharge, and allow the NVRAM part of the UEFI chip to clear.

Do you see any problems with the clock time in the UEFI or Windows? Like you set it correctly and then it is off later? That would indicate a bad battery. BTW, removing the battery will cause the time to be wrong.

T3chHippie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

I'm almost out of ideas myself, very strange. It doesn't seem to be that way because you are using a Ryzen 5 processor, since wardog also uses a Ryzen 5 and said he has the LLC options.

I know you've flashed the UEFI several times, which does most of what I will suggest, but you might as well try doing a full UEFI/BIOS NVRAM reset. Remove the board's battery, and use the CLR CMOS jumper, in the clear position, at the same time. Keep the battery out for at least ten minutes to allow any power from capacitors to discharge, and allow the NVRAM part of the UEFI chip to clear.

Do you see any problems with the clock time in the UEFI or Windows? Like you set it correctly and then it is off later? That would indicate a bad battery. BTW, removing the battery will cause the time to be wrong.

Nah, no problems like that. It really seems like I have a different BIOS somehow, despite apparently having the correct one. 

If it comes down to it I figured a clrcmos was the last thing to try. That just resets it to the stock way it was when I got it, correct? I don't have to do anything crazy like reinstall my OS or GPU or anything?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 10:46pm
i did mention earlier in this thread but it seems to have gone un answered

is there a possibility that these options somehow dont appear when other options are selected/not selected
and that the OP isnt seeing them due to not having another option clicked or disabled
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

is there a possibility that these options somehow dont appear when other options are selected/not selected
and that the OP isnt seeing them due to not having another option clicked or disabled

No. I thought that and played to no avail. This one is odd.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 10:30am

Cleared CMOS... Twice. Still nothing. 

Would having my sapphire card cause a bug like this?? I have "Sapphire Boost" option in my BIOS, but I don't see that on other peoples BIOS screenshots. Maybe this is the cause? I've only turned it on once, but never saved and exited, but that still did not give me LLC settings. 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 10:57am

Would having my sapphire card cause a bug like this?? I have "Sapphire Boost" option in my BIOS, but I don't see that on other peoples BIOS screenshots. Maybe this is the cause? I've only turned it on once, but never saved and exited, but that still did not give me LLC settings. 

The latest 2.50 UEFI version displays the LLC options if I click on Load UEFI Defaults, or after a UEFI clear. In other words, it is the default option display currently.

You are right datonyb, in the past with older UEFI versions, the LLC options would not be shown until the CPU VCore Voltage option was NOT set to Auto. But the OP does not even have the same option name for the VCore mode type selection. Currently with UEFI 2.50, it looks like this with all default/Auto options:

Since I don't have a Ryzen 5 processor, I can't personally verify that the LLC options are available when one is being used. wardog has a Ryzen 5 processor, and said the LLC options are there, so that is all I have left.

If you can RMA the board, I would do so. If you've installed UEFI 2.50 using Instant Flash, and you still don't see the LLC options, I don't know what else to do.

Otherwise, disable the Sapphire Boost option, which is only shown if a Sapphire card is in the PC, and see what happens. I don't get that option shown at all.

Do you still get the "Vcore Offset Voltage" as the only option, in one of your earlier screenshots?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 11:35am

If you can RMA the board, I would do so.

Before I did RMA I'd pull the processor, check for proper seating and bent/missing pins.

Assuming the processor isn't damaged, yea, RMA the board.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 3:11pm

The latest 2.50 UEFI version displays the LLC options if I click on Load UEFI Defaults, or after a UEFI clear. In other words, it is the default option display currently.

You are right datonyb, in the past with older UEFI versions, the LLC options would not be shown until the CPU VCore Voltage option was NOT set to Auto. But the OP does not even have the same option name for the VCore mode type selection. Currently with UEFI 2.50, it looks like this with all default/Auto options:

Since I don't have a Ryzen 5 processor, I can't personally verify that the LLC options are available when one is being used. wardog has a Ryzen 5 processor, and said the LLC options are there, so that is all I have left.

If you can RMA the board, I would do so. If you've installed UEFI 2.50 using Instant Flash, and you still don't see the LLC options, I don't know what else to do.

Otherwise, disable the Sapphire Boost option, which is only shown if a Sapphire card is in the PC, and see what happens. I don't get that option shown at all.

Do you still get the "Vcore Offset Voltage" as the only option, in one of your earlier screenshots?

Sapphire boost is disabled by default and left that way. 

Yes I still have the "Vcore offset voltage" which only gives me +/-mv adjustments or auto. This has to be something to do with my BIOS, I don't see how it could be anything else. 

Does anyone have sapphire boost and llc settings both show up in their BIOS'? 

I'd really prefer to NOT RMA my board. Being without my PC for x weeks is out of the question and I don't currently have enough money to buy another board.

Wardog, Would bent CPU pins really even be a plausible cause for a BIOS setting to be different?? 

I'm sorry, I just really don't want to totally tear my PC down again, I just got it built a week ago. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:31pm
Here is a gallery with every single page and folder I have in my BIOS, in order. 
http://imgur.com/gallery/BN9dN

And here's a picture proving that I'm not the only one with this issue. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic