ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X370 Killer Sli/ac - BIOS help No LLC settings?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Killer Sli/ac - BIOS help No LLC settings?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 11:12am
New member here.

i've been searching all over the net. OP, you are not alone. i bought from newegg and mine does not have LLC.

funny thing is, the 2.3 version bios someone posted here DOES HAVE LLC. but i want agesa 1.0.0.6, so i updated to 2.5 after downgrading to 2.3. and POOF! no more LLC.

i'm starting to get very frustrated with this board.

And newegg has a replacement only policy. what a pile of manure.

also, my trident Z rgb 3200 c16 does not work past 2133 no matter what i do. if i change any settings on memory i get no post with 3 successive BEEP codes (i always install a 4 pin speaker to my motherboards so i can pinpoint errors).

been using asus boards for 20 years with the odd nforce and gigabyte. first time ASROCK.

i really wwant to like this brand for all the features you get for the price. but jesus does it need to get FIXED.
nycalex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 7:38pm
so i downgraded again to 2.3, and voila i got LLC.

from there i went to update bios via internet this time to 2.5.

again, NO LLC.

really don't know what is going on.

T3chHippie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:27am
There were 3 more pages to this thread, I don't know what happened to the last 3, I figured out that for some reason the Killer Sli/Ac boards that are revision 1.05 DO NOT have LLC settings whereas rev. 1.03 DOES have LLC settings (In BIOS 2.5, not just 2.3) 

I'm just waiting to get a message back from one of the admins on here, we're going to try to figure out what's going on. 
If I say I know what I'm doing, will you believe me?
nycalex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:17am
i'm going to check the revision of my motherboard tonight when i get home.

this is quite strange indeed.

nycalex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 6:57am
ok, just checked. my mobo revision is 1.05.

so that means i'm out of luck?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 7:13am
Originally posted by nycalex nycalex wrote:

Really? What part of T3chHippie's "I'm just waiting to get a message back from one of the admins on here, we're going to try to figure out what's going on." didn't you get? srsly

Kick back and relax. They're working at it.
nycalex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Really? What part of T3chHippie's "I'm just waiting to get a message back from one of the admins on here, we're going to try to figure out what's going on." didn't you get? srsly

really?

don't you think that response was a little bit on the "un-necessary" side?

and yes, i agree. we should both kick back and relax.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 7:35pm

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

really?

don't you think that response was a little bit on the "un-necessary" side?

and yes, i agree. we should both kick back and relax.

Yea. My apologies. That was a tad over the top. It had been a long Long day already when i replied to you. Handshake

I try not to let things get to me day in and day out here. Your "so that means i'm out of luck?" struck the wrong nerve at that moment.

Please accept my sincerest apology to you.

Edited by wardog - 23 Jun 2017 at 7:37pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by T3chHippie T3chHippie wrote:

There were 3 more pages to this thread, I don't know what happened to the last 3, I figured out that for some reason the Killer Sli/Ac boards that are revision 1.05 DO NOT have LLC settings whereas rev. 1.03 DOES have LLC settings (In BIOS 2.5, not just 2.3) 

I'm just waiting to get a message back from one of the admins on here, we're going to try to figure out what's going on. 

The forum server had a drive problem, and we lost all the posts between ~June 20 and June 15. That is NOT just this thread, but the entire forum in general. Sorry about that!
T3chHippie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 3:14am
Wardog just informed me that Asrock got back to him and said that " it is not an error but rather a change in the components used on the newer revision boards. These new components are higher quality/higher cost, same specs, yet  less prone to voltage droop and as such do not support LLC settings."

If I say I know what I'm doing, will you believe me?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic