ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X370 Killer Sli/ac - BIOS help No LLC settings?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Killer Sli/ac - BIOS help No LLC settings?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 11:16am
Originally posted by T3chHippie T3chHippie wrote:

Wardog just informed me that Asrock got back to him and said that " it is not an error but rather a change in the components used on the newer revision boards. These new components are higher quality/higher cost, same specs, yet  less prone to voltage droop and as such do not support LLC settings."

thank you and wardog for the update.

at least i can stop pursuing this topic. i'm a little bit sour i'm not going to lie. but then again, i paid $130 for it, can't complain since this is just a backup build i did to try out ryzen.

currently my 1700 is rock solid at 3.9ghz. voltage still set at 1.325 (albeit jumping all over).

again, appreaciate everyone who took the time to get us some answers.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 11:19pm
I'm going to see if I can flat out disable any and all LLC on my SLI/ac rev1.05 and 'play' without it at OC'ing to try and duplicate what rev1.05 Owners are saying/experiencing.

If there's no way to disable LLC here I plan on asking ASRock for either a custom BIOS w/o LLC or that they send me a rev1.05 board.

Edited by wardog - 24 Jun 2017 at 11:20pm
T3chHippie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 2:56am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

I'm going to see if I can flat out disable any and all LLC on my SLI/ac rev1.05 and 'play' without it at OC'ing to try and duplicate what rev1.05 Owners are saying/experiencing.

If there's no way to disable LLC here I plan on asking ASRock for either a custom BIOS w/o LLC or that they send me a rev1.05 board.

Sorry for the lapse. Let me know what happens, Wardog. I'm interested to see what you can make of it. lol

My OC currently is set at 3.7Ghz @ 1.2650v which dips down to 1.212/1.206v under load, hitting like 80C with stress testing on the stock cooler. 
If I say I know what I'm doing, will you believe me?
CocoaThumper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CocoaThumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 3:40am
Interesting and informative thread. I was wondering about this same issue, and it saved me a lot of searching in the BIOS.
chilibot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilibot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 1:21am
I got this board from Newegg when it was just launched. It's rev 1.03 and always has LLC settings. Seems like they indeed changed something in rev 1.05.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic