ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X370 Killer Sli/ac - BIOS help No LLC settings?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Killer Sli/ac - BIOS help No LLC settings?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Killer Sli/ac - BIOS help No LLC settings?
    Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 3:14pm
Okay, I just got all my parts in last week, got my build finished on Monday, and just yesterday started fiddling with the BIOS settings and overclocks. I updated to Bios 2.4 before I made any changes to anything via instant flash over a USB drive. That went fine. But then I noticed when looking through my settings that I do not have an LLC setting. 

I've seen screenshots of where it SHOULD be, but in my BIOS I have no such setting. I reset to defaults a few times and reflashed the 2.4 BIOS (Freshly downloaded and extracted) just to make sure that I wasn't messing something up. 

I've asked users on other forums and a few of them say they DO have it, and a few say they do NOT have it. 

Am I just missing a setting somewhere, or do I have an extremely curious case of technical glitchery?

Heres a few shots of my various settings tabs/pages. You can see that "Load Line Calibration" does not exist.
http://imgur.com/a/hs0FP

Setup
Ryzen 1600 (Current OC 3.7 @ 1.275v) Stock Wraith cooler
16Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB CL15 3000Mhz (running at 2400 currently) 
Sapphire Nitro RX 470 8Gb

Under full load, Hwinfo shows a core voltage of between 1.225 and 1.231 with a minimum of 1.212 (at idle 1.262v) - Under full load CPUz shows a core voltage of 1.248. 

If someone could shed some light on this for me I would REALLY appreciate it. 
If I say I know what I'm doing, will you believe me?
Sebizzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sebizzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 3:48pm
Did you Try look under Ram settings in OC Tweaker section, they should be there.
From review on local tech site i see it is there: http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/mbrzostek/2017/am4_mobo/asrock_x370_killersli/uefi/03.jpg
Look and report if it is where it should be.
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
MB: ASRock X370 Gaming K4
RAM: Crucial 2x8 GB 2400 MHz Dual Rank
GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 470 8GB
SSD: Crucial MX200
Case: PHANTEKS Enthoo Pro
PSU: Corsair VS550
T3chHippie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Sebizzz Sebizzz wrote:

Did you Try look under Ram settings in OC Tweaker section, they should be there.
From review on local tech site i see it is there: http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/mbrzostek/2017/am4_mobo/asrock_x370_killersli/uefi/03.jpg
Look and report if it is where it should be.

Nope it's not there. 

Sebizzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sebizzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 4:04pm
Looks like AC version have BIOS without LLC? Strange.
I guess that best what you can do is write about this to technical support: event.asrock.com/tsd.asp. They should response and tell you if it's a bug and they fix it or this MB just don't have it.

Edited by Sebizzz - 09 Jun 2017 at 4:04pm
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
MB: ASRock X370 Gaming K4
RAM: Crucial 2x8 GB 2400 MHz Dual Rank
GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 470 8GB
SSD: Crucial MX200
Case: PHANTEKS Enthoo Pro
PSU: Corsair VS550
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 4:16pm
The AC does have LLC.

Hippie can you confirm that you are on 2.4 from your Bios?

Did you reset your Bios to defaults before updating it?

Have you tried resetting it to default after updating it?
kboxvegas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kboxvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 4:26pm
It is the same on my Killer sli/ac on P2.40. According to this review it DID have LLC at some point https://www.servethehome.com/asrock-x370-killer-sliac-motherboard-review-sleek-ryzen-workstation-platform/

No matter though as the offset still work's but I ended up being prime95 stable for 8 hours @ 3.9MHz @ 1.35v on my 1700 without it. With the Vcore offest set to +65mv Vcore would go as high as 1.41v under load but I would have issues cold booting under 1.35v so I just set it to 1.35v. Try setting the Vcore offset to +65mv and backing off your Vcore until you can cold boot and still be stable at load.

Edited by kboxvegas - 09 Jun 2017 at 4:43pm
T3chHippie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3chHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 1:59pm
Thanks for the repiles guys. I just updated to 2.5 today, and I have some new settings, but still no LLC. 
Here's some shots of the BIOS http://imgur.com/a/X2wd4
From what I've seen it seems like half the Killer sli/ac users HAVE LLC settings, half don't. Quite a conundrum. I'm going to try to get some more info from asrock themselves. Albinorhino, yes, I loaded UEFI Defaults before updating and after (both times, since i just updated to 2.4 the other day and 2.5 today) 

Kboxvegas, so the "Vcore voltage offset" is basically manual LLC? 
With my OC 3.7Ghz @ 1.2625v SOC 1.1v and now RAM at 2666 (so far) thanks to the new update, I idle at the 1.2625 but drop to 1.212 (dipped to 1.206 at one point) under load, Temps up to 80C after 30 minutes of aida64. Stable though. Just seems like a good bit of droop, and I feel like if I could stabilize it I could run lower voltages and get a stable OC, which should keep temps at idle down, as well as under load. 

Current idle temps aren't that bad actually sitting at 31c right now browsing Chrome, but I also have the CPU fan set to full speed all the time untill I get a better cooler. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 9:39pm
Say what? Lemme look..........

BIOS 2.5, right?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Say what? Lemme look..........

BIOS 2.5, right?

Hippie. BIOS 2.50 does have both LLC settings.

I think what is happening is folks aren't using Load UEFI Defaults and rebooting BEFORE flashing. Considering the major changes in 2.50 this wouldn't surprise me to be the cause.

Do me a favor please. Redown the 2.50 BIOS from the website, do the Load UEFI Defaults, reboot, and re-flash 2.50 you redownloaded please and report back.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 11:42pm
I've had LLC options for VCore and SOC voltage for quite a while with my X370 Killer SLI/ac board. At least with the last three UEFI versions.

Granted, those two options are not shown with Auto/default UEFI settings in OC Tweaker, but it does not take much for them to be shown.

All I do is change CPU VCore Voltage from Auto to Offset or Fixed, and the CPU Load-Line Calibration option immediately appears. The same is true for the VDDCR_SOC Voltage option:

I'm not aware of another option setting in OC Tweaker that causes either of the LLC options not appear. All I can see of your CPU Vcore Voltage setting is that it seems to be in Offset mode, since I can see the Offset Voltage value shown below it, otherwise it is not included in your screenshot.

What method are you using to update the UEFI? I only use Instant Flash. I'll also add that I've never flashed the UEFI using default UEFI settings, and have never had a problem.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic