ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Ab350 K4 Fatality UEFI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Ab350 K4 Fatality UEFI
    Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 12:30am
Guys is this normal?, my Asrock motherboard Ab350 Fatality Gaming K4 the uefi interface bios, is so poor optimized like choppy or sluggish, when moving the mouse cursor seems like there was a framerate of 12-15, is slow, so terrible, and by using the keyboard is kinda the same, slow responsiveness.

Whats that? i have the latest bios update 1.006

I can record a video of my bios if necessary

Help this is driving me crazy, also in Windows 10x64 N LTSB 1607 version all is updated, properly amd drivers installed, and i can tell that there are like a mouse cursor lag, I tried to connect lazer mouse, optical mouse, use a PS/2 keyboard, usb keyboard, and problem persist...

Help, this never happen before in my old MSI-H55-e33 motherboard.

PC SPECS:
CPU: Ryzen 1600
MObo: Asrock Ab350 fatality k4 gaming
PSU: Thermaltake Tough power XT 775
CASE: V9 thermaltake
RAM: Patriot 3200 OC,compatibile with this mobo QVL (even at 2133mhz) default problem persist.
Graphic Card: GTX 580 1.5 GB
SSD: OCZ VERTEX 3 120 GB

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 12:53am
Clear CMOS and see if that helps.
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 1:23am
Hello Xaltar, before updating bios, I've always clear the cmos, by changing the cmos jumper to the next pin, and then back put it back again
But after this agesa update 1.006 i haven't do that

By the way, do you think, that i need to use RUFUS with GPT UEFI, and fat 32 when installing windows 10? instead of the Default MBR+ntsf format?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 2:00am

windows has its own usb media creation tool
it will make a bootable usb stick in easy step by step instructions
and will use the very latest revision for the image
i do advise on doing it that way

heres the link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Edited by datonyb - 15 Jun 2017 at 2:01am
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 2:04am
Yeah but the problem persist at bios, :/ does my motherboard is faulty , or there are something that i'm missing in BIOS?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 2:14am
did it do it on earlier bios ?

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 2:28am
Yep sir, thats why i was asking if there are some Bios tweakings that I'm missing that can improve overall system performance

A question do you think SSD or Power Supply can degrade pc performance with the past of the time? i mean i don't have problems of electricity, no blue screen, not restarts, not freezing, and event viewer not showing any issue with power, but even that, this power supply i bought in 2011, thermaltake 775 watts+80
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 2:32am
i dont suspect the psu to be causing the problem

so to recap the board/system is very slow to respond in bios and was/is the same with earlier versions of the bios,you have changed both keyboard and mouse to rule them out

if all above is correct then i suggest
disconnecting anything that is not and will not be used to boot to bios

eg disconnect hard drives,dvd extra sound cards etc and if using 4 sticks of ram just use two sticks in a2 and b2 slots
reboot and see if its smoother

(edit even remove the mouse you need it connected to test bios loading)

Edited by datonyb - 15 Jun 2017 at 2:33am

MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 2:40am
x58haze, if you have not performed a Load UEFI defaults, I suggest you do (F9) now (always after BIOS update).  I also suggest that you use GPT format on all disks (including SSDs).  Obviously system performance can degrade with time.  If this is caused by errors, it should show in the System Event Log.  Specifically, I would not think PS aging would cause a slow down - crashes, yes but you said you had seen none.  Enjoy, John.
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 3:07am
Ty for your reply, well actually I don't have any PCI sound card or ethernet card, all come by motherboard

I just have one SSD, and one HDD plus the DVD reader, just 1 keyboard 1 mouse, and my gtx 580 connected nothing else, maybe im going to disconnect the dvd, the hdd, and test to see if there any improve.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic