ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB 350 Gaming K4 Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Feliplek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feliplek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB 350 Gaming K4 Problem
    Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 1:01am
Im gonna try and post reply
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 12:43am
No. A2 and B2 are dual channel. The ONLY time u will be using A1 and B1 with this board is if you are running 4 memory sticks.
Feliplek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feliplek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 1:05pm
Yeah the pc works fine using the mode 16GB (8X2) IM SINGLE CHANNEL MODE, But dont work in DUAL CHANNEL MODE, Only works A1 B1 or A2 B2, if i put A1 and A2 or B1 B2 (suppose to be dual channel in this board) dont boot, but this memory are on QVL. First time i saw a board where it need to be side by side to activate dual. In bios using using A1 / free slot / B1 its saying single channel mode if i put the sitcks side by side i dont boot, after resef bios and trying using stock clocks (2400mhz)
Edit: when using dual channel i cant acess bios too, PC turn on and off but already tried to wait 1 hour. yes when i use a1 b1 or a2 b2 shows single channel memory Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX
I ll try to upload a picture.

Edited by Feliplek - 24 Jun 2017 at 7:21pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Feliplek Feliplek wrote:

The processor are ok, tested occt, memory tested , thr problem the pc dont boot if i put the sitcks on dual channel A1 A2

First, what is the full model name/number of your memory?

This is the way the memory slots and channels are configured on your board:

Putting the memory in the A1 and A2 slots is running it in single channel mode, not dual channel mode.

The two memory channels are labeled A and B. Each memory channel, A and B, has two slots, A1 and A2 for one channel, B1 and B2 for the other channel.

The Same hapoeb on B1 B2 only works if use A1 B2 A2 B2 or one stick

Here I think you meant A1 and B1, or A2 and B2, is that right? If the memory is in A1 and B1, or A2 and B2, you are in dual channel mode.

Both 16GB only works on single

What is really happening is if you put all 16GB in dual channel mode, one stick in the A channel, and one stick in the B channel, then the PC boots.

If you put all 16GB of the memory in single channel mode, A1 and A2, or B1 and B2, then the PC does not boot, right? That is really what you have told us so far.

If you go into the UEFI/BIOS, the Main screen, it will show you if you are using your memory in Single of Dual channel mode.

What speed is the memory set to when it does not boot with both sticks in single channel mode?

We don't know yet if your board has a problem with any of the memory slots. It is easier for the memory controller to work with one stick of memory in each of the two channels, than it is with two sticks in one memory channel. Ryzen memory compatibility is a problem, you might be able to use 8GB in one memory channel, but putting 16GB in one memory channel might not work.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 9:03am

RMA?

Sure. I guess.

Did you ever get around to testing:
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

With both sticks installed in Single Channel, how much memory is seen in the BIOS _AND_ how much is recognized by Windows?

I ask that as knowing those two numbers may point to defective memory.

In that case you waiting 2wks for an RMA only to put bad memory back on t and having the same problem. That'd be a waste of time..........
Feliplek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feliplek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 7:37am
RMA?
Feliplek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feliplek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:03am
Both 16GB only works on single
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 7:10am

........... , thr problem the pc dont boot if i put the sitcks on dual channel A1 A2

That's my point. There is an issue.

With both sticks installed in Single Channel, how much memory is seen in the BIOS _AND_ how much is recognized by Windows?

Feliplek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feliplek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 6:55am
The Same hapoeb on B1 B2 only works if use A1 B2 A2 B2 or one stick
Feliplek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feliplek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 6:50am
The processor are ok, tested occt, memory tested , thr problem the pc dont boot if i put the sitcks on dual channel A1 A2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic