FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB 350 Gaming K4 Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 6:28am
Originally posted by Feliplek Feliplek wrote:

The BIOS update are my hope because i dont know what to do ...my first i bought to my self after alot hard work and dont work

A BIOS reset and it wouldn't boot up at mem of 2133?

IMO, myself not being physically present but over the 'net, it's one of two things.

In no particular order, it's either you have a defective stik(s) of memory, OR you need to pull the processor, check for bent/missing pins, then assuming the pins are ok, re-seat it.

AMD procs use pins and on occasion the processor doesn't get full and proper contact(s) in the socket. This isn't common but does happen every now and then.

Test each stick of memory first as it's  the easiest to do.

Keep us posted please.

Feliplek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feliplek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 6:09am
The BIOS update are my hope because i dont know what to do ...my first i bought to my self after alot hard work and dont work
Feliplek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feliplek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 6:05am
A2 B2 arent the dual channel Only A1 A2 Or B1 B2 the single channel works fine A1 B1 or A2 B2 alreay reseted bios
Feliplek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feliplek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:34am
I ll try thanks
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 8:57am
Place the mem in slots A2 + B2(where they belong), clear the CMOS(battery out + jumper) for 10mins the rejigger both back.

Apply power, going right into the BIOS, Load UEFI Defaults, Save and Exit, and here next either let it boot into the OS or enter the BIOS

Please post back the results you see after performing the above steps.
Feliplek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feliplek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 7:25am
Well i give up it wont post 2400mhz dual channel, only single channel, but works 3200mhz after alot on off, this is the worst motherboard i had from asrock ....

May i RMA this mobo or wait for an bios update?

Edited by Feliplek - 22 Jun 2017 at 7:30am
Feliplek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feliplek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 7:06am
Another question, now i cant use dual channel, i only get post using A1 B1 or A2 and B2, its already 10 min and dont post its normal?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 4:04pm
Yup, this is normal behavior for ASRock's Ryzen boards, it will settle once the memory is trained. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:53pm
Ryzen is designed with a pre-POST DRAM Training routine that while it performs does exactly what you describe.

Keep it enabled. The system will begin to boot faster over a short time.
Feliplek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feliplek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 2:47pm
[URL=][/URL]System Config

CPU: RYZEN 1500X STOCK
MB: ASROCK AB 350 GAMING K4
MEM: G.SKILL FLARE X 3.200
BIOS: LATEST ONE ON SITE 2.60

If i dont use XMP Profile of the memory, the system works flawless, but if i enable xmp profile and select any freq, the system get on and off several time until get stabilize, did i get a bad motherboard? Already tested PSU, Memorys but dont have another MB to test...

Edited by Feliplek - 21 Jun 2017 at 2:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic