ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Brand new x370 Taichi-based system will not POST
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brand new x370 Taichi-based system will not POST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

The BIOS revision the board shipped with when new(not second hand, used, or open box) is printed on a sticker on top of the BIOS chip itself.

Look 45deg up and right of the CMOS battery. or below and just to the right of the end of PCIE2.

What is printed on it?

Though, maybe not the memory itself, but an old BIOS revision.

Take a look and post back please.

Using my Google Fu I'm seeing that Kit run on Ryzen boards.
spamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 1:31am
There's a small blue sticker that says P1.60. I'm aware the current available download is 2.6, but I don't think I can flash to that without being able to boot to bios.....

Edited by spamps - 28 Jun 2017 at 4:12am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 5:08am
Originally posted by spamps spamps wrote:

There's a small blue sticker that says P1.60. I'm aware the current available download is 2.6, but I don't think I can flash to that without being able to boot to bios.....

Yea. You want to get that updated for the benefits of newer AGESA releases. It might probably fire up once updated w/o swapping/buying new memory.

Try using just one stick, cycled through all the mem slots.

Failing that borrow a friends memory or take it to a shop and have them cycle through any DDR4 they have open.

Edited by wardog - 28 Jun 2017 at 5:09am
spamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 6:13am
I tried the single-stick-in-every-slot treatment with each stick the first time around. I don't think anything's going to change. LOL

Unfortunately I don't know a soul with DDR4 and I don't have a car so there's no way to bring the thing anywhere. At this point I think I'm going to return the RAM I bought and pick up something from the QVL.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 12:59pm
Here's a list of memory proven on the Taichi.
https://rymem.vraith.com/specific/6
BillFleming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillFleming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:11pm
Spamps,

Those old BIOSes sometimes just take a while to boot.
After putting in just one RAM stick I would unplug all unnecessary stuff. (USB, SATA, etc) Then put only 1 GPU in the 16x slot, only plug in one monitor, then press CMOS clear and boot. Let it run for more than a minute. It might even power cycle a few times memory training. Once you get into BIOS that version I believe has online flash, so then plug the ethernet into the board and update to the latest version. I would sit in the BIOS a minute or two to check if it crashes before the BIOS update. Note that you should not change and save any BIOS settings before the BIOS flash.

Bill
spamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 5:30am
Well folks, I'm ready to toss this thing in the trash. I replaced the original RAM I purchased with:

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15W

which is on the QVL, and I'm still getting 4b. Wardog's link above has a link to a screenshot of this ram OC'd to 3200 on bios 1.5, almost as a cruel joke. No matter the slot I've tried, how many times I've cleared the CMOS, I can't fix 4b. Absolutely no idea what to do at this point short of RMA.

Edited by spamps - 02 Jul 2017 at 6:16am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 7:16am
Originally posted by spamps spamps wrote:

Well folks, I'm ready to toss this thing in the trash. I replaced the original RAM I purchased with:

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15W

which is on the QVL, and I'm still getting 4b. Wardog's link above has a link to a screenshot of this ram OC'd to 3200 on bios 1.5, almost as a cruel joke. No matter the slot I've tried, how many times I've cleared the CMOS, I can't fix 4b. Absolutely no idea what to do at this point short of RMA.

I PM'd you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic