ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 Idle Temp Too High?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 Idle Temp Too High?
    Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 5:22am
Hi guys,

I got a new computer a couple of weeks ago and over time, I noticed that my CPU's temperature  is way too high, even in idle.
This is my computer right now, without any programs aside of firefox running: http://imgur.com/tXvr88c
As you can see, #3 and #4 are both too high (from what I know, at least).
I already checked the screws of the fan and the CPU, they're all tight. I can't imagine the paste being the problem, since it's a prebuild and it's only two months old.
Interestingly, when I play PUBG (which usually does stress my PC), the temperature seems to be going down. But I can't imagine that being correct...
Is there anything I can do about this?

My specs are:
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor
RAM 16,0GB
Motherboard ASRock AB350M Pro4 (AM4)
Graphics
  • 2460G5 (1920x1080@60Hz)
  • 2460G5 (1920x1080@59Hz)
  • 8192MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics (C.P. Technology)

Edited by Denito - 28 Jun 2017 at 5:32am
sobekite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sobekite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 6:09am
Hey Denito, 

I'm not sure your HW monitor is reading your temps correctly. Have you checked what your temps look like in the bios? 

Also, I'd try downloading Ryzen Master, as it has a more reliable temp reading.'

[edit: are you using the stock cooler? or aftermarket?]

Edited by sobekite - 28 Jun 2017 at 6:10am
R 1400 (@3.8)
AB350M Pro4 (2.50)
MSI RX580 4G
Denito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 6:21am
I have checked the BIOS for any overclocking, but didn't find anything. I don't think I noticed any high temperatures that time, but I'll check again tomorrow.
Also, I downloaded the Ryzen Master program and it shows 47,75 degrees, but shouldn't it show like, six different temperatures or so?
I'm not sure how to access all temperatures there...

Edit: As for the cooler, I have no idea. How would I find that out?

Edited by Denito - 28 Jun 2017 at 6:32am
delukz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delukz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 7:00am
Originally posted by Denito Denito wrote:

I have checked the BIOS for any overclocking, but didn't find anything. I don't think I noticed any high temperatures that time, but I'll check again tomorrow.
Also, I downloaded the Ryzen Master program and it shows 47,75 degrees, but shouldn't it show like, six different temperatures or so?
I'm not sure how to access all temperatures there...

Edit: As for the cooler, I have no idea. How would I find that out?
There is one sensor and Ryzen Master reads the correct one.
There is another sensor below the socket I believe, HWInfo64 can read it but it's lower than the actual core.
Some of the sensors are being read wrong by the software, for example my VRM are always 99c and when I stress them they actually go down to ~70 which makes no sense to me. (I can touch the heatsink and it's just mildly warm, if it actually was 99 I would burn my finger)

Edited by delukz - 28 Jun 2017 at 7:06am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 11:00am

Hi guys,

I got a new computer a couple of weeks ago and over time, I noticed that my CPU's temperature  is way too high, even in idle.
This is my computer right now, without any programs aside of firefox running: http://imgur.com/tXvr88c
As you can see, #3 and #4 are both too high (from what I know, at least).
I already checked the screws of the fan and the CPU, they're all tight. I can't imagine the paste being the problem, since it's a prebuild and it's only two months old.
Interestingly, when I play PUBG (which usually does stress my PC), the temperature seems to be going down. But I can't imagine that being correct...
Is there anything I can do about this?

My specs are:
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor
RAM 16,0GB
Motherboard ASRock AB350M Pro4 (AM4)
Graphics
  • 2460G5 (1920x1080@60Hz)
  • 2460G5 (1920x1080@59Hz)
  • 8192MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics (C.P. Technology)

The Open Hardware Monitor display is virtually useless, since it does not identify any of the temperature readings. It also may not be updated to work with Ryzen systems, as well as the sensor chip used on your board. That temperatures reduce while gaming tells me it is unable to work with your board at all.

As suggested above, try using HWiNFO64 to check your CPU temperature, among others. Once you run its sensor display, you'll actually have an idea what your temperatures are like:

https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

The suggestion about the thermal paste being bad means it was not applied correctly when the CPU cooler was mounted. But you don't know yet what your CPU temperature is.

The only thing that might tell you which CPU cooler you have is the documentation supplied with the prebuilt PC. Otherwise that is something that you can only determine by looking at the CPU cooler, and knowing from experience building PCs what CPU cooler it is. No program can read that information from anywhere.

Denito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 8:10pm
You mean this, yes? http://imgur.com/vcv2iDs
Still shows the high temperature...
delukz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delukz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 10:21pm

You mean this, yes? http://imgur.com/vcv2iDs
Still shows the high temperature...
You have have some reading issues yourself, btw the actual cpu sensor is a bit further up in HWInfo64.
Denito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 10:25pm
Dude, I have no idea how HWInfo works or what I need to show you guys. No reading issues here, more like lacking knowledge.
delukz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote delukz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 10:43pm
Here you go, I marked the CPU temperature blue for you.

Denito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 10:53pm
Okay, so my CPU temperature is fine, but what about the Aux/VRM temperature? I mean, those are the ones that were shown in HWMonitor as being too high, no?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic