ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi Debug '00'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Taichi Debug '00'
    Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 3:48pm
Im aware the '00' debug help says to ensure the CPU is installed correctly and to clear CMOS which I have done.

I updated to the latest Taichi bios 2.4 when I first experienced this issue, the screen just turnt black and the debug info the MB flashed '00' so I rolled it back to 2.3.

Later that night gaming again it happened, cleared the CMOS and it appeared to boot up, but with no display. I could hear the windows startup noises through the speakers.

I swapped the graphics card with another computer, it worked fine. Put my graphics card back in and it worked no problems.

I assumed the issue was too low a voltage on my CPU and streaming at the same time, I stopped streaming for a few days and bumped the voltage up a bit. It worked for a few days then again it happened tonight, didn't have to clear the CMOS it just posted. Upon reaching the desktop it notified me that AMD radeon Setting encountered an error and all setting were returned to default (I was running an underclock as my card is factory overclocked and it doesn't agree with PUBG). So it returns the GPU to a higher clock speed.

I can go days without any issue then for no apparent reason it just seems to go, frustrating.

My systems specs are:

CPU: R7 1700 @ 3.5Ghz
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX 480 8GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz (2933Mhz)
Motherboard: ASRock Taichi x370

All temperatures seem fine while gaming, CPU sits sub 60C and GPU hovers at high 70s in PUBG, about 60C in Overwatch, I've crashed in both.

Any one have any ideas of how I could pin point the error with such a random problem, I can't seem to replicate it.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:05pm
60c hints at/indicates you're OC'ing. Yet you say 3.5GHz. That's seemingly too hot for stock. What CPU cooler you using?

What PSU Make/Model/Age?

What voltage on DRAM, SoC, and CPU?

Liddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:14pm
Hey, yeah it's only over clocked to 3.5Ghz as I found it gave me similar performance to stock with games, but slightly more with multithreaded apps.

Stock my voltage was reaching a max of over 1.4v so I figure I'd see what I could run it at a constant clock speed/voltage for similar performance but more consistent voltage.

Stressing while stock I was getting similar temperatures I believe, I'll double check again later.

PSU is EVGA 650BQ 650W, less than a year old.

The other 3 I will be get back to you later with when I'm at my computer to be sure.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Liddy Liddy wrote:

The other 3 I will be get back to you later with when I'm at my computer to be sure.

Hey. While you're next to it post the memory Kit P/N and if it has it the revision located on the sticks too.

That's unrelated, hopefully.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 5:10pm
I get the 00 code on my Taichi my OC is too aggressive and heat causes a shutdown. I usually just hit the reset button and it posts fine, I then dial back my OC and try again. 

If you are getting this at stock then check your CPU cooler, it may not be mounted correctly or have some dirt between it and the CPU that is preventing proper heat transfer.
Liddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Hey. While you're next to it post the memory Kit P/N and if it has it the revision located on the sticks too.

That's unrelated, hopefully.

No problem.
Liddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I get the 00 code on my Taichi my OC is too aggressive and heat causes a shutdown. I usually just hit the reset button and it posts fine, I then dial back my OC and try again.?

If you are getting this at stock then check your CPU cooler, it may not be mounted correctly or have some dirt between it and the CPU that is preventing proper heat transfer.

I'll run it at stock for the next few nights and stream aswell to try and push it a bit.

The cooler seems mounted properly, is a load temperature of 60C not pretty normal?

Granted it reaches about 67C when stressing.
Star_Pilgrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Star_Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 8:07pm
No.

Idle 35, load 48.

70 is worrisome area.

Don't tell me you have a stock cooler on there? :/

If you want to OC ANY, get a new water cooler. Ryzens basically require it if you want to OC.

Besides $70 bux for a liquid cooler is amazing investment if you want to go that route.
Liddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Star_Pilgrim Star_Pilgrim wrote:

[URL=][/URL]No.

Idle 35, load 48.

70 is worrisome area.

If you want to OC ANY, get a new water cooler. Ryzens basically require it if you want to OC.

Besides $70 bux for a liquid cooler is amazing investment if you want to go that route.

Strange, mine idles about 32C but will prroach high 60's under a full load. When it was stock it was going over 70C

I am currently using the stock Wraith Spire, I have a Corsair h100i V2, waiting on the bracket coming.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 9:21pm

Originally posted by Star_Pilgrim Star_Pilgrim wrote:

[URL=][/URL]No.

Idle 35, load 48.

70 is worrisome area.

Strange, mine idles about 32C but will prroach high 60's under a full load. When it was stock it was going over 70C

I am currently using the stock Wraith Spire, I have a Corsair h100i V2, waiting on the bracket coming.

If you're running the processor voltage on Auto, don't.

Set it manually. Auto pushes way too much voltage, and ramping as the load increases.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic