ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No POST after Bios update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:40am
Great to hear it Thumbs Up
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:38am
Glad to help...you got off
easier than i did!

Edited by Jm62383 - 30 Jun 2017 at 9:39am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Jokro Jokro wrote:

Removed CMOS battery for about 2 hours, afterwards POST and boot both went great. Thank you very much!

Hooray! Great news.
Jokro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 6:23pm
After the Bios update my original problem with graphics display is fixed slightly, I no longer get Blue screens.

However, when I try to play any game on Steam, I get a few second freezes every few seconds. Basically 50% of the time works fine and the other half my screen is frozen. After this for ~10 minutes, the game will freeze completely.

So far I've tried:
-Cleaning display drivers with DDU, cleaning registery with CCleaner and then reinstalling drivers.
-Cleaning display drivers with DDU, cleaning registery with CCleaner and then installing older drivers.
-Running system check for corrupt files
-Checking my drives for any corruptions
-Complete clean reinstalling Windows 10
-Reinstalled Windows 10 again, but didn't update it to try out if any windows update was causing it
-Now did the Bios update

Basically I feel that a part of my hardware is defect, but is my GPU? My motherboard possibly? My PSU as you pointed out?

Edited by Jokro - 30 Jun 2017 at 6:25pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

easier than i did!

Biting my tongue trying not to make a snide remark ............ EmbarrassedTongue
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:51pm
Lets cover the basics first.

1. If you haven't yet, download and install the latest AMD Chipset drivers
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download - scroll to the bottom, ""AMD Chipset, AHCI, USB 3.0 and RAID Drivers""

2. Nothing astray in Device Manager?  No missing drivers there?

Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 11:46pm
Yeah I have to agree, sounds like a device driver, not a hardware issue. when you are installing your chipset/video card drivers make sure you temp disable windows defender...That gave me alot of issues with AMD drivers. Failed/Partial installs.

Your PSU should be sufficient, maybe not the most efficient, but adequate to run your system.. Coolermaster has a calculator to help judge about how many watts ure system should use/need.
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

easier than i did!

Biting my tongue trying not to make a snide remark ............ EmbarrassedTongue
lol
Jokro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 5:05am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Lets cover the basics first.

1. If you haven't yet, download and install the latest AMD Chipset drivers
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download - scroll to the bottom, ""AMD Chipset, AHCI, USB 3.0 and RAID Drivers""

2. Nothing astray in Device Manager?  No missing drivers there?

I installed those Chipset drivers, then reinstalled Steam as well. Made sure to have Windows Defencer off during the driver installs and added the whole steam folder to the Exceptions list.

Tried to game and it worked perfectly with no stutters or freezes whatsoever for about 10 minutes. After that the screen stopped and I got "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" error and a few seconds later Bluescreen with "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR." After restarting my computer games now freeze constantly from the get-go. Essentially back to square one.

Edited by Jokro - 01 Jul 2017 at 5:08am
Jokro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 5:20am
Or not quite as bad actually. I restarted again and was able to play for 10 minutes again before the freezes started happening. Closed the game this time before crashing though, and seems stable at desktop.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic