ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No POST after Bios update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Jokro Jokro wrote:

Default BIOS settings.

Cool 'n' Quite is enabled
AMD fTPM is disabled
SVM mode is disabled
C6 mode is enabled

Core VIDs are all 0.994V

That is the Vcore I listed, it fluctuates between 0.7V and 1.4V

I am using "AMD Ryzen Balanced" power plan, which came with the latest chipset drivers

My temperatures are 35C across the board while idle, and raise no higher than 45C when gaming. Using Ryzen's stock cooler.

You lost me now. Previously you wrote you were idling at 1.4V, and asked isn't that high. Now you said it fluctuates between 0.7V and 1.4V. That is normal when the power saving options are enabled.

So how is it idling at 1.4V? When the PC starts, it may take a few minutes for the CPU power saving options to engage. After that the VCore will be reduced under low CPU load conditions.

Again, the 1.4V VCore is caused by the default VCore settings, which you are using.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Since HWMonitor is showing a VCore of 2.8V, which is twice the 1.4V you see in HWiNFO, that means HWMonitor has not been updated to work with ASRock Ryzen boards, or at least the version you are using is not compatible with Ryzen systems. We saw the same doubled VCore reading in CPU-Z 1.79, now fixed in 1.79.1.

Actually, CPU-z and HWMonitor were, corrected in newest versions, adding SoC and vCore together.

Obviously he was not using the latest version of HWMonitor.
Jokro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 2:03am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

You lost me now. Previously you wrote you were idling at 1.4V, and asked isn't that high. Now you said it fluctuates between 0.7V and 1.4V. That is normal when the power saving options are enabled.

So how is it idling at 1.4V? When the PC starts, it may take a few minutes for the CPU power saving options to engage. After that the VCore will be reduced under low CPU load conditions.

Again, the 1.4V VCore is caused by the default VCore settings, which you are using.

It was at steady 1.4V when I checked it with HWinfo back then.

Now after reinstalling the graphics drivers and checking the value again, it was fluctuating between 0.7V and 1.4V.

But what I gather from this is that the voltages are fine and not the cause of my problems?
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:22am
Did u happen to try memtest?
Jokro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 5:49pm
Yeah, ran the memtest a few times, got 0 errors every time.

Edited by Jokro - 02 Jul 2017 at 5:49pm
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 8:32pm
Any chance you have a spare gpu to swap with?
Jokro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

Any chance you have a spare gpu to swap with?

I don't.

Is there any thing else I could try on the software side, or is it time to RMA my Motherboard or GPU?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 10:14pm

Na. That "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" is related to bad GPU drivers, system drivers(natch, updated), or corrupt system files(SFC)

First lets address the likely culprit:
1. Grab DDU and run it - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
2. Reboot after
3. Install the latest GTX 1060 graphics card drivers - http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/120486/en-us
4. Reboot after

Test if it's doing the same or if these two remedied it and reply back please.

Did exactly that, and this time excluded DDU folder from Windows Defencer as well just to be sure.

Still freezing, and now I'm getting "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" instead of Blue screen. That completely froze my computer, had to hard restart with the power button.

It's Steam related. Not GPU or motherboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmaIR_7gRhk

Post back after following the instruction in the above video.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 10:16pm

Na. That "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" is related to bad GPU drivers, system drivers(natch, updated), or corrupt system files(SFC)

First lets address the likely culprit:
1. Grab DDU and run it - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
2. Reboot after
3. Install the latest GTX 1060 graphics card drivers - http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/120486/en-us
4. Reboot after

Test if it's doing the same or if these two remedied it and reply back please.

Did exactly that, and this time excluded DDU folder from Windows Defencer as well just to be sure.

Still freezing, and now I'm getting "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" instead of Blue screen. That completely froze my computer, had to hard restart with the power button.

When you posted "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" that set off bells and whistles here. Application huh? Hmmm, OK I said ...........
Jokro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:09pm

Didn't help, got freezing still and Blue screen with "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" again within 30 seconds.

EDIT:
Tried again and this time got the "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" again.

I've tried both Windows 7 and Windows 8 compatibility modes.

Edited by Jokro - 05 Jul 2017 at 8:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic