ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 driver support for Z77 MB?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrockuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 driver support for Z77 MB?
    Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 4:03pm
I just bought my Z77 Extreme 4 last Dec 2014 and have no drivers for Windows 10 on Asrock's website, can you guys put some up there?  

I just bought my cpu Jan 2013 so it'd be nice to see that otherwise I and a lot of other Z77 users will have to fall back to an older OS like Windows 8.1 or win 7 just to use Raid 0 and have the speed increase from Intel RST.  I also noticed the video being very warpy with the Intel Chipset drivers provided by your website in Windows 10.  There's two versions, one seems to have a lot less mouse input lag as well. 

The default chipset drivers provided by Windows 10 were 9.3.0.1011 and were better than 9.3.0.19.

Compatability is a problem, since I installed Windows 10, my sound makes short screeching noises when I load games.  
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4266mhz 1.45v
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 870
Asus XG248Q 240hz
Seasonic 850W Platinum PSU
SerpentX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SerpentX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 9:50pm
I would have to agree on this situation, just upgraded to Windows 10 and AXTU won't load. However I have noticed the program is still running only because my auto fan control presets still work. Please check this out when you guys can. System has ran flawless and still is besides a few Win 10 problems.
Question if I download the Z99 Extreme Utility will that work? 

Z77 Extreme4, w/ Intel I5 2500k OC 4.2ghz
Corsair 750 watt 
16GB Kingston Hyper X Genesis 1600mhz exact same
Western Digital 4 TB
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB
MSI 760 GTX 2Gb
Logitech Keyboard and Mouse
SerpentX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SerpentX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 9:56pm
Running in Compatability Mode didn't resolve issue nor did reinstalling, just fyi.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Asrockuser Asrockuser wrote:

I just bought my Z77 Extreme 4 last Dec 2014 and have no drivers for Windows 10 on Asrock's website, can you guys put some up there?  

I just bought my cpu Jan 2013 so it'd be nice to see that otherwise I and a lot of other Z77 users will have to fall back to an older OS like Windows 8.1 or win 7 just to use Raid 0 and have the speed increase from Intel RST.  I also noticed the video being very warpy with the Intel Chipset drivers provided by your website in Windows 10.  There's two versions, one seems to have a lot less mouse input lag as well. 

The default chipset drivers provided by Windows 10 were 9.3.0.1011 and were better than 9.3.0.19.

Compatability is a problem, since I installed Windows 10, my sound makes short screeching noises when I load games.  

Every version of Windows since Windows 7 includes a basic Intel IRST RAID "F6" driver, that will be automatically installed if the SATA mode in the UEFI/BIOS is set to RAID.

Windows 10 is no different, the RAID 0 arrays I created in Win 8.1 work fine in Win 10 even if I don't install an Intel RAID F6 driver during the installation. That of course is another option, installing an F6 driver for RAID by selecting a Custom installation. Either way, there should be no problem using RAID 0 arrays created in Win 7/8.1 with Win 10.

Did you try using a 10.x chipset installer? You can get that from Intel or from the download page of any ASRock Z97 or Z87 board. The "chipset drivers" are really nothing more than INF files that are installed. If you are referring to integrated Intel graphics, there are new Win 10 Intel graphics drivers available:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25027/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Beta-Driver-for-Windows-10

No idea what you are using as an audio source in your PC, but if it is the Intel audio from the chipset, that driver is part of the integrated Intel graphics installation program above.
Asrockuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrockuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 5:50am
Intel chipsets are dependant on intel rst drivers from test that you can look up online and from what I've encountered, my sequential read and write speeds significantly go up and I notice less mouse input lag.  
I'm not sure if that speed is increased with f6 drivers. but it doesn't matter at the end of the day, most users don't have raid 0.

Yes I tried 10.0.27 and it is very bad just like the 9.3.0.019, feels like I have 5 fps in games.  And I use a discrete graphics card, GTX 970.  

Everything was working fine before I upgraded to Windows 10...  My Realtek audio drivers were automatically installed by the OS and it works fine other than that annoying noise, good drivers would certainly fix it and I am just going back to Windows 8.1 until there's proper driver support or when I build my next pc. 

Edited by Asrockuser - 03 Aug 2015 at 6:38am
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4266mhz 1.45v
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 870
Asus XG248Q 240hz
Seasonic 850W Platinum PSU
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Asrockuser Asrockuser wrote:

Intel chipsets are dependant on intel rst drivers from test that you can look up online and from what I've encountered, my sequential read and write speeds significantly go up and I notice less mouse input lag.  
I'm not sure if that speed is increased with f6 drivers. but it doesn't matter at the end of the day, most users don't have raid 0.

Yes I tried 10.0.27 and it is very bad just like the 9.3.0.019, feels like I have 5 fps in games.  And I use a discrete graphics card, GTX 970.  

Everything was working fine before I upgraded to Windows 10...  My Realtek audio drivers were automatically installed by the OS and it works fine other than that annoying noise, good drivers would certainly fix it and I am just going back to Windows 8.1 until there's proper driver support or when I build my next pc. 

Besides the Intel chipsets needing an IRST driver to provide RAID, which is a given, I don't get your point.

Win 10 has the "inbox" IRST driver iastorav.sys (iastorAV) and even the older Matrix Storage Manager driver, iastorv.sys (iastorV). The iastorav.sys driver in Win 10 is from IRST version 13.2.0.1022.

How the Intel Chipset "drivers" are affecting an Nvidia graphics chip video card is interesting.
darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 1:37pm
Hey I have a evga 970 also and I'm not having that issue. Not sure why the intel drivers would effect the audio drivers have you tried these? Realtek 2.79 http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Edited by darkstar - 03 Aug 2015 at 1:38pm
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
i7-3770K @ 4.0 ghz
8 gb ram
GTX 970
darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 1:42pm
My AXTU is working fine with Windows 10.
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
i7-3770K @ 4.0 ghz
8 gb ram
GTX 970
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by darkstar darkstar wrote:

My AXTU is working fine with Windows 10.

Interesting, thanks for the information.

I need to ask you for some more information, which may help determine what is causing the problem for the others in this thread.

What version of AXTU are you using? UEFI/BIOS version? Processor you use in this board?

Are you using Win 10 with its drivers, or did you install some on your own? How about via Windows Update?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by SerpentX SerpentX wrote:

I would have to agree on this situation, just upgraded to Windows 10 and AXTU won't load. However I have noticed the program is still running only because my auto fan control presets still work. Please check this out when you guys can. System has ran flawless and still is besides a few Win 10 problems.
Question if I download the Z99 Extreme Utility will that work? 

Z77 Extreme4, w/ Intel I5 2500k OC 4.2ghz
Corsair 750 watt 
16GB Kingston Hyper X Genesis 1600mhz exact same
Western Digital 4 TB
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB
MSI 760 GTX 2Gb
Logitech Keyboard and Mouse

Are you sure AXTU is running? The fan speed control in AXTU is identical to that provided in the UEFI/BIOS, so the settings in the UEFI may be what you are getting.

If AXTU is running, you should see it as a process in Task Manager, or as a Service.

No such board as a Z99 Extreme. Did you mean the Z97 Extreme4?

That board uses A-Tuning which will not work with your board at all. You must use AXTU.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic