ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi - bluetooth dead but WIFI works???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by cgh1 cgh1 wrote:

I had this exact same issue with USB & BT, along with the digital artifacts over the optical/TOSLink connection and found this post.  CMOS reset appears in the short-term to have resolved, save for the noise in the audio.

THANK YOU, @bobk!!   
Thank you , THANK You, Thank YOU!!!

What issue do you have with USB? Are you using Windows 7?

I'm also curious about the digital artifacts over the optical connection. Are you getting noise or hum in the audio? Or do you get sudden loud pops in the audio?
cgh1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:03am
Thanks @parsec for the link to the latest driver - going there next!

Cheers,
C

ASRock x370 Taichi, Ryzen 1700X, 64G of G.Skills Fortis 2400, EVGA 850GR P/S & 1080Ti SC Black wrapped in a Nanoxia DS1 and served as a Media Editing Rig
cgh1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:01am
I had this exact same issue with USB & BT, along with the digital artifacts over the optical/TOSLink connection and found this post.  CMOS reset appears in the short-term to have resolved, save for the noise in the audio.

THANK YOU, @bobk!!   
Thank you , THANK You, Thank YOU!!!

Cheers,
C

ASRock x370 Taichi, Ryzen 1700X, 64G of G.Skills Fortis 2400, EVGA 850GR P/S & 1080Ti SC Black wrapped in a Nanoxia DS1 and served as a Media Editing Rig
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 9:44am
So clearing the CMOS seems to be a verified fix for the Bluetooth problems with the Intel WiFi and Bluetooth adapter. I guess since I clear the CMOS fairly regularly whenever I work with the hardware in my PCs, I didn't have any problem with Bluetooth. Installing a new UEFI/BIOS version in a board includes a clearing of the CMOS, so that should also fix a problem. That it apparently doesn't is an example of how complex any networking issue can be. We haven't seen every owner of the multiple ASRock boards that use these Intel adapters complaining about them.

The Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 adapter includes Bluetooth support. You'll get two entries in Device Manager with this adapter, one for the standard WiFi, the other for Bluetooth. The adapter uses an M.2 interface, so this adapter is not permanently connected to the board. ASRock markets models of the boards that use this adapter, without it. So it is easily inserted, removed, or replaced by the user.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-3168-brief.html

Intel constantly provides driver updates for their networking products. Windows 10 has been a problem for Intel network products since its release. For example, the Intel wired networking adapters/chips teaming feature was broken in Windows 10 upon its release, which has worked fine in every earlier Windows versions. Just recently teaming was fixed with Windows 10, over a year later.

The latest Intel WiFi adapter Bluetooth driver, as of the date of this post, is here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26944/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10-?product=83418

When Device Manager refreshes, that is due to a change in the status of a device. Device status is constantly monitored, so any changes will be shown in the device's entry, via a refresh of the Device Manager listing. That's just the standard behavior of Device Manager, that we do not see very often. Yes, the quickly changing status of a device is unusual, but not impossible, and Device Manager is programmed to deal with that.

Networking device problems are not simple, and could be caused by many different things. It is very difficult to diagnose these problems without having direct access to the PC.
bobk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bobk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 6:56am
I have a X370 Taichi with Windows 10 pro and wanted to add my experience to this subject.  I was having problems with USB connecting and disconnecting, some crashes and other weird behavior.  I noticed Device Manager was refreshing every 2 seconds, and Bluetooth was not working.  If I deactivated Bluetooth through Device Manager the problems stopped, but when I turned WiFi on it would work but the strange continual refresh of Device Manager began again.  I tried updating, removing, and rolling back Bluetooth drivers but none of that helped.  I flashed the BIOS 3 times and each time loaded defaults, but none of that worked either.  I was about to get an RMA from ASRock and send the board back for replacement, but after seeing a post that clear CMOS helped one user  I decided as a last resort to clear the CMOS.  I was surprised to find that this solved the problem.  USB, Bluetooth, and WiFi all work normally now.  It would seem that the Intel Bluetooth chip, which also likely contains WiFi, somehow got glitched, and clear CMOS fixed it.  I don't know how this all was connected to USB, but it was.  Just thought I would share.

mztech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mztech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 3:01pm
Hi.

I had the same problem.
However, I solved it by clearing CMOS.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by bandario bandario wrote:

I will have to RMA the whole board apparently which in short means I will be buying another board from a company who cares a little more with their QC.

A little terse concerning QC I'll say, yet I kinda understand.

sh*t happens. Things new don't work. Probably not the first and certainly not the last I'd venture to say.
bandario View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:55pm
This problem has nothing to do with windows 10 creators update. I rolled back to an older version and stopped updates.

My bluetooth device is now bouncing between being detected properly (but not working right), and being detected as an unknown USB device with (device identifier failed) in device manager.

It is also sometimes causing the PC to completely shut down when it cycles between detected and undetected sometimes and will not reboot until AC power has been removed for some time.

I will have to RMA the whole board apparently which in short means I will be buying another board from a company who cares a little more with their QC.
routm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote routm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by routm routm wrote:

Found solution! Just unplug your PC from electricity, wait 1 minute, plug and start. Its a magic, but works LOL.

I found this issue when updated to windows 10 creators update, and many others users have this issue with AC 3168 on a board.

Odd. Are your wall outlets grounded? Maybe an overloaded power strip there?

I have the AC3168 on my SLI/ac and it didn't do that on my update to 10 Creators.

Strange.

Grounded, also i have UPS and premium class PC power supply. I check logs all that time and no one problem with electricity.  
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 6:27pm
At one point, early on of the release of Windows 10 Creators update, Microsoft suggested not installing it as a new, fresh installation.

Of course, things change with updates from MS, so who knows what the current status is with the latest version.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic