ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi - bluetooth dead but WIFI works???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Taichi - bluetooth dead but WIFI works???
    Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 12:33pm
I wish I knew what was going on here. Asrock support has been zero help.

As I understand it, the bluetooth module and the WIFI module are on the same chip.

I fail to understand then, how my wifi could be working 100%, yet no bluetooth device can be detected by windows.

Instead, I have 'Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed).

Can anyone help? The bluetooth functionality is the only reason I bought this particular board.

Just to confirm: bluetooth was previously working 100%. Just, gone.

I have reinstalled windows, tried the BT driver from official Asrock site, updated intel bluetooth 19.4 from intel, tried returning to a pre-creators update version of windows. No dice.

Refuses to be detected.

I really do not have time to RMA the whole board - I need this computer working. Funny thing is, I had similar problems with the last Asrock board I bought. 

Edited by bandario - 01 Jul 2017 at 12:35pm
User420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote User420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 5:54pm
I'm having exactly the same issue!
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by bandario bandario wrote:

I wish I knew what was going on here. Asrock support has been zero help.

As I understand it, the bluetooth module and the WIFI module are on the same chip.

I fail to understand then, how my wifi could be working 100%, yet no bluetooth device can be detected by windows.

Instead, I have 'Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed).

Can anyone help? The bluetooth functionality is the only reason I bought this particular board.

Just to confirm: bluetooth was previously working 100%. Just, gone.

I have reinstalled windows, tried the BT driver from official Asrock site, updated intel bluetooth 19.4 from intel, tried returning to a pre-creators update version of windows. No dice.

Refuses to be detected.

I really do not have time to RMA the whole board - I need this computer working. Funny thing is, I had similar problems with the last Asrock board I bought. 

The WiFi and Bluetooth are both on the Intel wireless adapter.

So you don't have an entry in Device Manager for the Bluetooth adapter?

You said Bluetooth was working, but at some point it just stopped?

You have both the Intel WiFi and Bluetooth drivers installed? WiFi antenna's installed?

My ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac has an Intel WiFi/Bluetooth adapter, which has been working fine. I rarely use the Bluetooth but I'll try it tonight.

SoutherNortherner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNortherner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 2:41am
I'm having the same problem.

I'm getting "(code 10) status_device_power_failure" in the device manager.

As with the others, I've tried rebooting, several uninstalls, installs of drivers from ASRock's site, still nothing.
bandario View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:36am
That is correct. The bluetooth entry in device manager disappeared all of a sudden.

I had the ASROCk supplied drivers for both installed.

I tried a clean install of windows 10 as I figured perhaps windows update had grabbed some updated drivers that didn't work but no dice. The bluetooth portion of the radio has just stopped working.

I have aerials installed for both.
routm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote routm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 4:27pm
Found solution! Just unplug your PC from electricity, wait 1 minute, plug and start. Its a magic, but works LOL.

I found this issue when updated to windows 10 creators update, and many others users have this issue with AC 3168 on a board. 

Taichi with the last BIOS - 2.4. 

Edited by routm - 04 Jul 2017 at 4:30pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by routm routm wrote:

Found solution! Just unplug your PC from electricity, wait 1 minute, plug and start. Its a magic, but works LOL.

I found this issue when updated to windows 10 creators update, and many others users have this issue with AC 3168 on a board.

Odd. Are your wall outlets grounded? Maybe an overloaded power strip there?

I have the AC3168 on my SLI/ac and it didn't do that on my update to 10 Creators.

Strange.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 6:27pm
At one point, early on of the release of Windows 10 Creators update, Microsoft suggested not installing it as a new, fresh installation.

Of course, things change with updates from MS, so who knows what the current status is with the latest version.
routm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote routm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by routm routm wrote:

Odd. Are your wall outlets grounded? Maybe an overloaded power strip there?

I have the AC3168 on my SLI/ac and it didn't do that on my update to 10 Creators.

Strange.

Grounded, also i have UPS and premium class PC power supply. I check logs all that time and no one problem with electricity.  
bandario View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:55pm
This problem has nothing to do with windows 10 creators update. I rolled back to an older version and stopped updates.

My bluetooth device is now bouncing between being detected properly (but not working right), and being detected as an unknown USB device with (device identifier failed) in device manager.

It is also sometimes causing the PC to completely shut down when it cycles between detected and undetected sometimes and will not reboot until AC power has been removed for some time.

I will have to RMA the whole board apparently which in short means I will be buying another board from a company who cares a little more with their QC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic