ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot Access Set Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot Access Set Up
    Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 7:01am
[URL=][/URL]Z97 Anniversay.Have re flashed and removed previous clover partition and now have one disk one partition with Windows 10 running. Cannot change from legacy and cannot acces set up. Any ideas ?
TIA

Edited by Arfer - 04 Jul 2017 at 7:21am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Arfer Arfer wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Z97 Anniversay.Have re flashed and removed previous clover partition and now have one disk one partition with Windows 10 running. Cannot change from legacy and cannot acces set up. Any ideas ?
TIA

Sorry but your description is lacking details.

You "re flashed", the UEFI/BIOS? To a new version, or a re-flash of the same version?

"Removed previous clover partition." By doing what, what procedure? Are you certain you removed all the system/boot partitions used by the Clover installation?

So at one time, both Clover and Windows 10 existed on the same drive, but now only Windows 10?

Or did you then install Windows 10 after removing the Clover partition?

"Cannot change from Legacy." Did you install Windows 10 in UEFI mode? What did you use for the Windows 10 installation media? Which entry for the Windows 10 installation media in the boot order did you use for the installation?

You cannot change to UEFI mode unless you installed Windows in UEFI mode. Partitioning of the drive is MBR or GPT?

What option or setting are you using to change from Legacy mode?

"Cannot access set up." If you are in Legacy mode, you would not be able to have the Ultra Fast, Fast Boot option set. But are you using the Ultra Fast setting?

Pressing the Del key does not work for you? Does your keyboard use its own driver/software, that needs to be installed?

Did you try installing and using the ASRock Restart to UEFI program, available on your board's download page?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97%20Anniversary/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

Clearing the UEFI/CMOS with the jumper on the board will reset and UEFI option settings that might prevent you from entering setup.

Arfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:47pm
"Clearing the UEFI/CMOS with the jumper on the board will reset and UEFI option settings that might prevent you from entering setup."
This is what I need to do but would neeed foolproof instructions if oyu would be so kind. Thanks so much for the reply.
Arfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:28pm
To update I have done the jumper as advised on reboot I got a message that uefi was using defaults. However I am still presented with a black screen with mouse pointer when I try to get to settings either using the utility or using windows to reboot to uefi set up.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:37pm
You need that now deleted second 500MB partition for booting in/from/to UEFI.

At this point I don't think even a Repair Install will replace that missing partition. You can certainly try but my guess is you need a fresh OS install.
Arfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 2:08pm
The drive looks like this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5i2BKEGqlFFSEY2b0Rld3ZNZ2M/view

And belarc reports this:

Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1703 (build 15063.413)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United Kingdom)
Installed: 10/04/2017 08:57:07
Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB)
Boot Mode: UEFI with Secure Boot disabled
System Model
Enclosure Type: Desktop
Processor a
3.60 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4790
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)
Main Circuit Board b
Board: ASRock Z97M Anniversary
Serial Number: E80-47049201101
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P2.10 05/27/2016https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5i2BKEGqlFFSEY2b0Rld3ZNZ2M

Edited by wardog - 04 Jul 2017 at 2:16pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 2:19pm
I deleted the deleterious posts.

Try an In Place Repair Install, which IIRC keeps your files but sadly you'd need to reinstall the/your programs.
Arfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 2:23pm
And this from System Information...
Processor     Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date     American Megatrends Inc. P2.10, 27/05/2016
SMBIOS Version     2.8
Embedded Controller Version     255.255
BIOS Mode     UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer     ASRock
Arfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 2:58pm
I will give that a go. In the meantime thank you very much for your time and advice which I honestly very much appreciate
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Arfer Arfer wrote:

I will give that a go. In the meantime thank you very much for your time and advice which I honestly very much appreciate

That's what we're here for. Thank You.

Oh, good luck there. Keep us posted
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic