ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AXTU Not working in Windows 10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JavaWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AXTU Not working in Windows 10
    Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 1:40am
I upgraded to Win10, now on computer startup, I get the following pop-up -
Error 0xFFFE
This Utility is not for this platform!

This worked fine on Win8.1 for me.  Will there be a Win10 version of AXTU?  I notice by browsing the forums, this is happening on both Intel and AMD motherboards...

Meanwhile, anyone have suggestions how to control the fan speeds?  They seem to be cranked on high all the time now (kind of noisy).  Will SpeedFan work? 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 10:13am
No idea what board you have so look in the BIOS for any possible fan options to choose from
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 2:00pm
As wardog suggested, the BIOS has the identical fan speed control options for your board that you find in AXTU.

What version of AXTU are you using? What board do you have?

AXTU is designed with a shared main program for multiple mother boards, with configuration files for each board that it supports that match the capabilities and options of each board.

Newer versions of AXTU may add support for new boards or fixes for existing boards, but most boards won't have any changes to their configuration files.

I've been able to use the ASRock A-Tuning version 2.0.257 supplied for my board, compatible with Win 8.1, with Win 10. If your board uses AXTU, you must use that as the other ASRock utilities won't support your board.

AXTU was supplied with boards up to ~2013, with different utilities like A-Tuning after that.

It sounds like AXTU needs some maintenance to work with Win 10.
stiffnipples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiffnipples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 11:30am
Originally posted by JavaWiz JavaWiz wrote:

I upgraded to Win10, now on computer startup, I get the following pop-up -
Error 0xFFFE

Ok I may be able to actually help with this. I am getting the same error, Z68, 2500k.

So I installed Win10 (coming from Win8, did the 'keep nothing' option) and then updated it, while I was waiting for the updates to download the fan noise was starting to annoy me, so I installed AXTU to quieten them down. It worked.

A few hours later the updates finished and did their installing overnight.

The next day I boot up to those errors, so I'm thinking it had to be something the updates installed.

Uninstalled AXTU

I went to the asrock site a while ago and had downloaded my motherboard drivers and so I then installed this driver (file name, can't remember download name got it ages ago): 
INF_Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista_XP64_XP(9.2.0.1021) 
sub-folder: INF(9.2.0.1021)

The INF Driver here I think is the one I used:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z68%20Extreme3%20Gen3/?cat=Download&os=Win764

You should be able to find it on the driver download page for your motherboard on the asrock site.

Once the INF Driver was installed and I'd rebooted I then reinstalled AXTU and it's working fine now.

Hope this helps.
Gybbus_Fr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gybbus_Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 1:29pm
Same probléme with my Asrock Z75 Pro3...AXTU say :

Error 0xFFFE

I've tried to uninstal this application and re-install, but after some starting of Win10, I have the same problem....

I've tried to install ASRock A-Tuning version 2.0.257, but same error message....

Help...
Exzentriker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exzentriker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 1:39am
Try installing the INF drivers from the Asrock website. That is what fixed it for me.

And it is broken again, only worked for a few days.

For me it apparently only works after an actual reboot so even after turning the PC off and turning it back on, I still have to reboot to get it to work.

Edited by Exzentriker - 20 Aug 2015 at 1:05am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 5:21am
Originally posted by Exzentriker Exzentriker wrote:

Try installing the INF drivers from the Asrock website. That is what fixed it for me.

Can anyone else confirm this works? If so I can make a sticky about the solution, it seems to be a common problem with windows 10 and certain boards.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 1:04pm
If you do an upgrade installation of Windows 10, and then do not install at least the INF/chipset files for your board, then you have not completed the Windows 10 installation.
jbwyke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbwyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 6:28pm
I have the same problem.  Z75 Pro, Windows 10 Pro - this worked for a few days, enabled at boot time - then just stopped with the same message? This was very useful to set fan speeds (noise) and check the temps. I did install all the drivers.
Is there a reason/solution?

Edited by jbwyke - 09 Sep 2015 at 6:29pm
jbwyke
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 5:10pm
Dear customer,
Greetings, this is ASRock Technical Support Department.

Please refer below steps for try:

Please re-install AXTU once again on windows 10 x64.
By default AXTU installer put files in: c:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\AXTU\

Now please make new install path and put AXTU in windows 10 x64 program files folder:
c:\Program Files\ASRock Utility\AXTU\

Thank you for your patience.
If any, please feel free to contact us!

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic