ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cannot install win7 mouse and keyboard not working
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot install win7 mouse and keyboard not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:28am
Originally posted by MroczQ MroczQ wrote:

Hello, 
I hope someone is online now and can help me. 

I want to install WIN7 from USB. 
Unfortunatelly each time mouse and keyboard(both USB) are not working. 

Everyone are writing about USB legacy enable but I dont have this option in version 2.4 of UEFI. I even upgraded BIOS to 2.6 but nothing improved. 

I used http://www.asrock.com/microsite/win7install/ patcher but it didnt help as well.

Can you advice me what to do? 

No idea what mother board you are using, but it seems it is an Intel 100 or 200 series chipset board.

The Windows 7 patcher is your only option, besides these two possibilities:

We don't know what board you have, and different UEFI versions may have new options that are not listed in the manual, but in the USB Configuration screen, do you see an option called Port 60/40 Emulation or something like PS/2 Emulation? If you do, try enabling that option to allow a USB keyboard to work when installing Windows 7. That is the purpose of that option.

Also, if you had an old PS/2 keyboard, or a USB to PS/2 adapter, you could use that when you install Windows 7.

When you do get Windows 7 installed, be very sure to install the Intel USB 3.0 driver found in the Windows 7 section of your board's download page. The Intel 100 and 200 series chipsets will only use a USB 3.0 driver for ALL of the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. That is a limitation from Intel. Otherwise none of the USB 2.0 will work until you install the USB 3.0 driver. Windows 7 does not have a built in USB 3.0 driver, and the combination of these two things causes this issue.
MroczQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MroczQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:15am
Hello, 
I hope someone is online now and can help me. 

I want to install WIN7 from USB. 
Unfortunatelly each time mouse and keyboard(both USB) are not working. 

Everyone are writing about USB legacy enable but I dont have this option in version 2.4 of UEFI. I even upgraded BIOS to 2.6 but nothing improved. 

I used http://www.asrock.com/microsite/win7install/ patcher but it didnt help as well.

Can you advice me what to do? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic